May 2012 Weddings
Options

Need opinions on Dad's wear! (PIPs and Poll!)

Over the weekend we picked out the tux that the wedding party will wear. It's simple and black with a white shirt. My dress is a in-between ivory and white so we decided to go with a diamond white vest and tie for FI.

The girls dresses are in a maroon/wine color so that's what color I went with for the GMs.

The usher is in the same color but to be a little different, I just changed the tie.

HERE'S MY QUESTION!!!

The wedding consultant suggested the dad's be in a black vest and tie (so it doesn't get too busy in my pictures). I am not afraid of color nor did I want the dad's in the same color. I dont know why but just thought that wasn't normal.

SOOOO... 

Do I go with the Dad's in the charcoal vest and tie?? (which will look nice with both mom's)

OR

My dad in a black vest and the same color tie as my mom's dress (Violet) and FI's dad in a black vest and the same color tie as FI's mom's dress (Silver)??

OR

My dad in a violet vest and tie to match my mom's dress and FI's dad in a silver vest tie to match FI's mom's dress??

If you made it this far - TIA!!!

Re: Need opinions on Dad's wear! (PIPs and Poll!)

• Options
    mandydc0509mandydc0509 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    My dad is wearing black and white b/c that's the tux he owns, but I was planning to leave that up to him anyway. I don't see why the dads can't wear the same thing?  I vote charcoal for simplicity, but I think they should have a say. They may not like the color their wife is wearing lol.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    The dad's in my opinion aren't supposed to stand out. I think black and white is classic and goes with anything. They will blend in yet stand out from the other guys.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm weird, but unless the vest is the same material as the tux (i.e. wool), you should keep the vest and ties the same color...now what color that is I have no idea what to tell you! lol  Our dads are wearing the same things as the GM. 
  • Options
    ok ok so I was the odd ball and didn't know the dad's were suppose to be neutral... I'll stick with the charcoal vest and tie for both dad's! =o) haha thanks for your help ladies!

And.. FI's dad does not care what he wears... my dad just wants his cowboy boots to go so charcoal will be great!
  • Options
    I think both dad's in charcoal would be best.
  • Options
    I like the last option of matching the vest and ties to the mom's dresses. That is kind of what I am doing. My mom's dress is silver so my dad will have silver. My FMIL's dress is teal but FFIL will have a light silver vest so it will still go with her dress. Having him in a teal vest would look too random. I agree with you...I didn't want both dad's to match eachother. So I just went with two different shades of a neutral color.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I think both dads need to be in the same outfit -- so be default...something neutral-y. I wouldn't do the different colors, I think the consultant is right it would be too much going on in the pics.  -- on that note, if it were me i would do the charcoal w/ the black vest.

--our dads are wearing a white dinner jacket tux (white jacket + black pants)--
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_need-opinions-on-dads-wear-pips-and-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:28328070-a2fc-4e98-a219-390a62b30966Post:f47766f4-ab15-4ea4-ae5e-06213d7611f2">Re: Need opinions on Dad's wear! (PIPs and Poll!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe I'm weird, but <strong>unless the vest is the same material as the tux (i.e. wool), you should keep the vest and ties the same color</strong>...now what color that is I have no idea what to tell you! lol  Our dads are wearing the same things as the GM. 
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. And, I also vote for charcoal vest & tie.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think charcoal vest and tie LOOKS best too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards