Wisconsin

Hilton Downtown Color Idea Help

We are doing our reception at the Milwaukee Hilton Downtown, and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what our wedding colors should be to compliment it.
The room has lots of dark red/burgandy and gold. I origionally wanted purple, what do you think?

Re: Hilton Downtown Color Idea Help

• edited December 2011
    The wedding is July of 2012.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,
    We are getting married there in September 2012 and I had the same fears because of all the red and gold in the room.  We decided to do black, white and purple because those are the colors that I like.  We are going to do some uplighting which I'm hoping will tone down all the red/burgandy.  But I think my FI asked what colors wouldn't look good and I think the only one she said was a blue/teal color. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'm thinking purple and grey.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having a similar problem but with a differnt venue, after looking at the room for probably what was WAY too long, I realized if I do all white table cloths (I orginally wanted to do black) it will help wash out the burgandy and gold tones of the room.  I am also thinking about using up lighting and hopefully my pink, white, and black will have no problem shining through!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Oct. 2012 Dec Siggy
    Favorite Thing About the Holidays
    Our Tree(Is it Bears or Broncos?) & Of Course!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards