Snarky Brides

Good morning!

Anyone else up yet?  I think we're taking it easy today.  I went to the farmers market earlier and now I'm trying to figure out what to make for dinner this week. 

Last night we went out for a nice dinner at a new place at which one of our friends is cooking. It was excellent. We walked home afterwards and stopped at a hotel bar on the way. I have no idea why but we really like that bar and there's just something fun about it. We keep joking that we should get a room there one night but they're pretty pricey. 

What's everyone else up to today? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Good morning!

• I love farmers markets! We have a really good one in town during the summer. I can't wait for it to start up again!

Just laying around and cleaning a bit now.  Then church in a couple hous.  FMIL is coming into town to find a MOG dress for the wedding.  She and I are going out to lunch.
  • Hi!  Good mrning.  I just got up a little bit ago.  I'm eating some breakfast (yogurt and granola bar).  Have a few errands to run, and thoughts of sitting by the pool this afternoon maybe.  So we'll see.
  • Good morning, Celtic.

We're still lounging around, trying to get going.  Yesterday we drove up to Denver so DH could pick up his (not new) truck.  I hope he's happy with it.  Should be - it's what he's been shopping for. 

We're still working on our patio/garden project.  I got a bunch of drip sprinkler parts so we can convert the ex-grass backyard to a garden drip system with the existing sprinkler system.  We'll probably go for a bike ride too.

I also need to meal plan and work on a qult for my FDIL.  I need this weekend to have another day in it!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • There's a farmer's market in the shopping plaza right by our apartment, but I think it doesn't start until mid-May.  I can't wait.  I was spoiled in OH cause H's aunt and uncle had a farm so we'd get all kinds of fresh produce for free all summer.  Now I'm gonna have to pay for it.. Oh well..
  • I love the farmer's market.  We have several sites around town - I need to check the start-up dates.  One is a few blocks from work, so I can walk down and shop at lunch.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • There are a few here but the Sunday market is within walking distance of our house. I love that we don't have to drive since it's usually a madhouse. 
  • We need to get out to the Farmers Markets around here. H always works on weekends and I don't care to go alone, so we never make it. H is working right now but I might go out with him later just for something to do.

I just got done signing and packaging books. I did a book giveaway on Goodreads and 808 people entered. Now I'm watching The Scorpion King. The Rock's acting isn'tt that great but he's nice to look at.
  • Morning! I was totally sure today was Monday since I've only had one day off in a row for so long, so I had this conversation with my husband just now:

Me: "Where are you going?" (he's dressed in not his usual work attire)
    H: "To work?"
    Me: "Now?" (It's 9:15, takes ten minutes to get there and back, and since i usually drop him off, I tell him if he's going in earlier than me to make it at least an hour so I have time to get ready)
    H: "Yeah now, why?"
    Me: "Ugh, just go, I'll walk to work."
    H: "...You work on Sundays?"
    Me: *stupid face* "Oh my God, it is Sunday isn't it."
    H: *slow clap*
  • Yay for having an unexpected day off Any.  Last night I got all excited thinking it was Sunday night and I turned the TV on looking for Amazing Race, and then couldn't figure out why it wasn't on until I pulled the TV guide up on my computer.  D'oh.
  • Morning!

I also need to meal plan. That's what I'm doing right now (well, until I got distracted.)  I was considering a Costco trip, but ew to Costco on Sundays. I'll just stick with the grocery store. I want to run to Target too, but I'm feeling kind of lazy. 

• Good morning!

We are going to some open houses this afternoon.  I'm trying to confirm that they are actually happening though, because a few weeks ago we went to one that was advertised on Trulia, only to find out that it was a mistake.  

Any, I've done that before.  There was also one time a couple of years ago that I had worked on  a Saturday to catch up on paperwork, and I thought that Monday was really only Sunday since I was used to 2 days off instead of just 1.  I totally overslept and when I woke up there was a text from my boss asking where I was.  Oops.  
  • I love farmers markets! But they don't start for awhile here. Im getting a much needed pedicure in 15 min. We have a wake/funeral tomorrow and Tuesday and I don't want my tree climbers hanging out ;)
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Hi guys!

It's a big day for us. H is finally off so we are going to chilis and Target. Haha. It seriously is a big day since they are both pretty far away. I just got in from a walk and starting tomorrow will have to start walking super early. It was way too hot out. Plus no breeze. 

So, I'm not really sure what to do about a bridal shower coming up. I'm one of the bridesmaids and about 3 months ago I got an e-mail that I would need to contribute $135 for the food/venue. Cut to two weeks ago and we find out it's the same weekend as H's deployment so I won't be able to go. I e-mailed the MOH asking her where I should send the money and I never heard back. I don't want to put the bride in the middle so I'm not sure how I should handle it? E-mail her again? Ask the bride for MOH's phone number?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • eff that Hike. I wouldn't send anything. I'd be pissed that I was told to contribute a certain amount, and not asked about the date.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:300dc3c8-42b4-47dc-876f-a373cf7df0f4Post:285e2d15-f8db-4375-95f1-494daf2faa58">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]eff that Hike. I wouldn't send anything. I'd be pissed that I was told to contribute a certain amount, and not asked about the date.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    Haha. I was kinda pissed about not being asked but I'm having such guilt over not being able to go to anything that I just want to pay. I was asked about the date but we didn't find out until H's deployment until a few weeks ago so that's my fault. <div>
    </div><div>I mean, I'm annoyed she isn't writing me back because I need to budget and I kinda wonder if she (MOH) decided I'm "out" because I can't go to the wedding? </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:300dc3c8-42b4-47dc-876f-a373cf7df0f4Post:43b0b3f9-4c66-44eb-bbad-105fb10050ae">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any, I love your new sig.  You are gorgeous. The.end. Our farmer's makets are going but not much to them yet.  I do have  a FB friend that I haven't seen since (literally) 8th grade who is offering us a dozen fresh eggs.  I want them and she doesn't want anything in return but I feel weird seeing as how our only communication in the last 30 years as been FB. Also, sky is overcast and blah so we may go to the garden place and see what we can plant: tomatoes, peppers. arugula, cucumbers, more (hopefully). ETA: Sesh, if I send you Walk the Red Road with a return label, would you mind signing it? I really wish we had walkable places.  I used Ruperts walkability link and our neighborhood is like 35% and rated car-dependent.  No shiit. Les, every time I see you post it reminds me that<strong> I need to get to CO. </strong> I just need to shut up and do it. Steph and J&K (where have you been?), thanks again for encouraging meal planning.  It's so worth it.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes - Yes you do.</div>
  • JCB- J's moving this weeknd into their new house :)

and yay! I'm glad you're still liking it. Send me some encouragement back this way, please.
  • Steph - I've fallen off the meal planning wagon.  With H gone so much, I have zero motivation to plan/shop/cook for myself.  
  • Thanks JCB! 

Sigh. I'm beating myself up right now because I'm so blah about everything. I have zero motivation to do anything but sit on my butt and watch TV once I get home from work, and I'm wondering if I'm totally deluding myself about my ability to do school full time and work as well if I can't even get off my ass long enough to keep the apartment clean.
  • School =/= cleaning.
  • You might be surprised, Any. I'm far more productive when I'm busy. My apartmetn was always cleaner when I was in school full time and working (close to full time.)  I think you just know you have limited time to get stuff done. When you've got a lot of free time, it's easier to say "meh, I'll do it later."
  • Any, there's nothing I like more than lounging on the couch watching TV after work. I don't know how you work, but I use the TV as background noise when writing (or doing homework, when I was in school). Then I can fool myself into thinking I'm lounging around but really I'm getting work done.

Same with cleaning. If the TV's not on, no cleaning is getting done.
  • I'm just SW of Denver.  The only Denver Knottie I've met so far is BK, when I came out last fall for a weekend we met for drinks one evening.
  • Yeah, I'm just in a mopey mood today. H gets on my case about it every so often, and I've just been thinking about it lately.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:300dc3c8-42b4-47dc-876f-a373cf7df0f4Post:6d463b25-cbd3-44ea-b71f-8028acf99617">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I'm just in a mopey mood today. H gets on my case about it every so often, and I've just been thinking about it lately.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>About cleaning? or being lazy in general? ;)</div><div>
    </div><div>H has tried getting on me about cleaning before, then I remind him that I work the same hours as him, and do most of the cooking. In his defense, he does do most of the dog stuff (feeding, cleaning up poop), but still.  We've finally reached an agreement. I clean upstairs, and he deals with downstairs. 

</div>
  • Thanks, JCB :) I hope so. My parents were pretty good growing up- caring and all that, but still no-nonsense.  Like, I always knew they loved me and would protect me and take care of everything... but I also knew that I was responsible for myself, if that makes sense.

We've started stocking up on some frozen stuff. So when I make big meals, I try to freeze half. That way we always have something to pull out of the freezer. It helps to have 1-2 less meals to cook each week. It's really no extra effort to double another recipe either, you know?

This week, I'm 'reusing' the pork from that slow cooker recipe  and doing that with rice. And I might pull out a tupperware of chili from the freezer.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-240?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:300dc3c8-42b4-47dc-876f-a373cf7df0f4Post:c41fff05-5c14-451e-b2d4-81653b26eeb2">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : About cleaning? or being lazy in general? ;) H has tried getting on me about cleaning before, then I remind him that I work the same hours as him, and do most of the cooking. In his defense, he does do most of the dog stuff (feeding, cleaning up poop), but still.  We've finally reached an agreement. I clean upstairs, and he deals with downstairs. 
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>Both. He works longer hours than me, in a much higher stress job, then comes home and does the laundry, dishes and picks up after me while I do...nothing. I cook dinner more often, but that's about it, and I haven't even been doing that lately. So, he gets frustrated occasionally, with good reason. </div>
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    It's hard in our household because both FH and I are lazy. Luckily our apartment is not huge so it doens't take long to clean. He's more likely to pick stuff up while I clean stuff more thoroughly. 

He does make me crazy when he whines about doing the dishes. I do all the cooking so that's his "job." I'd be more than happy to do dishes if he cooked but he knows about 2 recipes. 
  • H andd I both get frustrated about the cleaning and bitch about it. But we recognize it's both of our jobs so eventually we just go on cleaning kicks late at night. He used to get on me about just sitting on the couch all day with the computer on my lap but now he realizes that yeah, even though the TV's on, I'm working. Either writing, or grading papers. Sometimes it looks like I'm the lazy one because my job isn't as physically demanding as his, which sucks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards