September 2012 Weddings

Hair Trial

Did you girls bring your veils for your hair trials?  I am getting married 3 hours away from where I live.  My FI and i are planning a camping trip up there for the end of the month to do some final wedding detailing and I am also scheduling my hair/makeup trial.  We are then planning on doing a fancy dinner out so I don't have to simply come back to a campground all done up haha!!  However due to this, I am not sure I want to bring my veil on a camping trip (and not sure what I would do with it when I go to dinner which will be at the resort where I am getting married and where I am doing the hair/makeup trial... so I can't just 'leave it in the car'). 

Re: Hair Trial

• Hmmm.  Can you bring it with you in an airtight bag and bring it to the hair trial just to put on for a few minutes to see how it will look, then put it back in the bag in the car and leave it there for the rest of the camping trip?
  • My stylist recommended bringing mine to my trial.  Sometimes you might have a certain look in mind and then the veil doesn't compliment it so well.  For my peace of mind I want to see it all together to make sure it goes together fine instead of having an "Uh oh" moment on the day of.  

• egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    Yes, you should take everything that is going to go in your hair.  Depending on the style, and how the veil attaches, the stylist may need to make modifications so it's really anchored in your hair with the style you want.
  • I did not bring my veil or flower clip to the hair trail but had pictures of what they looked like since my aunt is making both of mine and they were not finished yet.
     From my hair trail we decided to do veil for ceremony and it will go over my hair and my flower for the ceremony on the side. Originally was thinking veil under hair and flower onside near the top of my hair the whole time but with the hairstyle I choose and liked it just did not work out so if you are set on a certain way to have the veil and hair then yes you should bring it if not and you are flexible then bring a picture of the veil. 
  • Here's kind of a quirky idea if you have to carry it with you and don't want to get it smushed-

Either put it in a weekender suitcase (if it's big) or a clothing/shoe box (if it's not in danger of being crushed in there) and 

a) if it's at a resort, ask if the front desk can hold the suitcase for you while you eat dinner so you're not schlepping it around the restaurant

b) if it fits in a box, just bring a big purse and keep the box stashed in there.

I personally would bring it because I have seen veils TOTALLY change how a hairdo looks, and am a very tactile person- I wanna FEEL how secure that sucker is on my head before I commit to everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I brought mine with, and I think you should too because like lbarr pointed out, you don't want to have an "oh shiiiiiit" moment the morning of the wedding when you realize your hairstyle doesn't work with your veil. I like em's suggestions on how to store it.
    Anniversary
  • L&K2012L&K2012 member
    First Comment
    Thanks girls, it isn't a huge veil so I think I might be able to fold it up nicely in a shoebox and just bring a big purse, that is a good idea! 
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards