Canada

Where are you going on your honeymoon?

Hey Canada gals,
I thought I'd post and see where everyone is going, what type of resort you are staying at, etc. FI and I are currently deciding and hoping to book soon as there are some good deals out there right now. We are currently looking to book one week at the Sandals Grand in St. Lucia. Where are you going, for how long, and what are you hoping to do on your first vacation as husband and wife?

Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon?

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in August, and going to Sandals in the Bahamas for 10 days after the wedding (leaving on the Monday).  Sandals has an amazing sale each year over the Labor Day weekend and we got a great price!

We hope to do a lot of relaxing, but have some fun.  We set up a honeymoon registry (honeymoonwishes.com) and I listed all the possible excursions as gifts - snorkeling and SCUBA and exploring the area, plus some romantic dinners on the beach.  Nothing crazy, but a nice break from all the wedding frenzy that I'm sure will take place the weeks leading up to the date.

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went on a cruise to Alaska (in August). We loved it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also went to Alaska in August (about a month after our wedding) - we spent a week on a cruise, a couple of days in Denali National Park in the interior, then a few days in Vancouver and Seattle (2 weeks altogether) so it was a good mix of relaxing and hiking - just enjoying being together!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our plans are to go to Greece and Turkey! WOOOOO!!! I love both culture and sand so it's a perfect combo.
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in May (125 days away) and Fi is planning the honeymoon as a surprise for me. I really don't have a clue, except that it will probably be somewhere hot, because he keeps teasing me that I'll need a parka, and knows how much I hate being cold.

Everyone's plans sound awesome, sandals seems to be a popular choice.
  • edited December 2011

Our wedding isn't for 18 months, but I narrowed the honeymoon down right away (even before the venue!). We are planning on going to Greece, 2 weeks, and visiting a couple of islands and see all of the historical sites as well. It will be fantastic!

• MissLeahMMissLeahM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are thinking either Sandles St. Lucia or a resort in Cuba. But we may just not go on a HM until a while after the wedding. We'll definately hermit up a bit, just so we can relax after the wedding, other than that, its not too high on our priority list.
    image Married and Junk.
  • edited December 2011
    We haven't decided where exactly yet, but it will be in the carribean somewhere. Most of the details I'm going to try and leave up to my FI.
    It has to be somewhere with good scuba diving. All-inclusive is a must. I do not want to be finding a different restaurant and worrying about the cost of it for dinners. I told FI I want to be pampered and not lift a finger. :D Definately do some diving while we're there, but mostly, just chill on the beach/pool.
  • 3plus3plus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are all across the board on what we want to do.  Right now our top picks are:

Quebec City
    Victoria/Okanagan Valley
    Sandal Grande St. Lucia
    Turtle Island, Fiji

We really don't know if we want to take a beach vacation in the middle of summer.  I think we're leaning more towards saving those for middle of winter trips.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Since we're getting hitched in Mexico, we're doing our honeymoon there also.  El Dorado Royale Resort, in the Mayan Riviera.

Psst - 3plus - go for Vic and Okanagan!  Faaabulous choice! 
  • edited December 2011
    We haven't planned our honeymoon yet. I am a teacher and we are getting married pretty close to when I am supposed to go back to school, so we'll only really be able to get away for 3 or 4 days. Anyone have any suggestions of a good place (that's hot!) to travel to for such a short length of time?
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It'll be hot where you are when you get married, but if you do want to get away and not wait until another school break (I'm a teacher too, I understand), Vegas is very fun and has amazing 3-4 night packages!
  • edited December 2011
    Oooh! Vegas is a great idea! Have you been before? If so, any recommendations for where to stay?
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been there - FI has twice worked in northern Nevada for a few months, and the first time it was summer so he drove south and I met him there.  We stayed 4 nights at the MGM grand and it was so fun.  

You will save a lot of money on the flight and hotel package (it is VERY hot that time of year - little sundresses were a life saver and a lot of sunscreen, even just for walking down the strip), but you will spend a lot on AMAZING food and lots of fun.  I recommend seeing the Cirque du Soleil show "O" - its half in water and INCREDIBLE.  Lots of shopping and sightseeing gambling (if you like to - we hardly did at all and still had a great time) and relaxing by the pool.  I loved the hotel, and I think we stayed in the West wing of the hotel which is a really cool looking modern room.

There are lots of deals online for Vegas - check them out using redtag.ca or even a travel agent - no cost to use them, and they are very helpful.
  • sunicosunico member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married in the middle of summer, so going somewhere hot isn't really on our priority list. We haven't really narrowed it down yet, but we're thinking maybe Scotland or Wales.

Neither of us are really the "all inclusive resort" type - I don't like to sit still for very long, so I see us doing lots of hiking, lots of drives in the countryside, and hopefully some horseback riding.
  • libertaslibertas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've been planning on going to New York City but nothing's booked yet so we're looking at various packages just to see what else is available.
  • edited December 2011

I think we are going to Scotland or Ireland for honeymoon. I really have not thought much about it though since there are so many other things to consider. Going to an all inclusive resort does sound appealing. Any one know of any good deals in October. Since we are going to Asia in the New Year, we might decide to save some money and perhaps go to Thailand. I am sure we will think of something.

• eveningbrideeveningbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We wanted to go to Italy very badly.  Unfortunately I cannot see that being remotely possible now (finances... ugh)
    I was going to post for ideas as well; because we are reaching out for inexpenive ideas for our 1-2 week honeymoon in mid June.  We dont really want tropical; just cause Ontario summers are beautiful, and it would seem a waste.
    Our friends are holding us a stag and doe, as a big fundraiser to help us come up with honeymoon cash. Until then, we cant book anything.  Were thinking that we will have $2500 max.
    So if any one has any ideas... and if you want to come to a buck and doe  40 mins north of T.O tickets are on sale now! LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards