Michigan-Lansing
Options

Invitation Wording - Please Help

We want to do the invitations ourselves. We both met online and although many people complain that it is tacky, we want to incorporate in our theme. Our favors are little chocolate laptops in boxes and our wedding cake is two laptops as well. We have been trying to look for a querky but cute wedding invitation wording that has to do with meeting online. Any ideas anyone? Please!  Thanks!

Re: Invitation Wording - Please Help

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to try to the DIY board, those ladies are very creative!
  • Options
    kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_invitation-wording-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:96Discussion:0fca9564-1fa6-489c-bb7e-ddae54eebd06Post:02197eb8-0330-4399-b076-ea3a38fc089c">Invitation Wording - Please Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]We want to do the invitations ourselves. We both met online and although many people complain that it is tacky, we want to incorporate in our theme. Our favors are little chocolate laptops in boxes and our wedding cake is two laptops as well. We have been trying to look for a querky but cute wedding invitation wording that has to do with meeting online. Any ideas anyone? Please!  Thanks!
    Posted by oparaji78amer[/QUOTE]

I would advise against including something about it in the actual wording itself.  I think most people (regardless of their views on actually meeting someone online) would think this was VERY strange.  If you want to use paper that has a little laptop on it or something like that, I can see that as tying in the theme.  The invitation wording, however, is best left formal.

Check the Invites and Paper board for more ideas, maybe. 

Remember -- the only theme you NEED to have for your wedding is WEDDING.  Don't go overboard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards