April 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding planners

My fiance and I are living in the DFW area and we are planning on having our wedding in our hometown of Branson, MO. I am thinking about getting a wedding planner to kind of help ease the stress of doing it all on my own. Plus I have no clue what I am doing. Do I have to get a planner from Branson or can I get a planner from down in TX? Someone help me please.

Re: Wedding planners

• Options
    You can probably get a planner from Texas, but you might be better off with a planner from Branson for a few reasons. Mostly because a planner from Branson will have connections with vendors in the area that your weddding will be. Also, if you hired a planner from Texas, it may cost you more becuase he/she woul have to travel to MO for your wedding.

I have a similar situation, we are gettig married on the west coast of Florida, but we are from the East coast. Its different, becasue we are only about 3 - 4 hours away from where our wedding is. We hired a planner from back home, but she is a family friend. If I didn't know my planner personally, I woul have hired one from where the wedding is. 

HTH, good luck!
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    I would get one in the city of your wedding. Like PP said, they will have better knowledge of that location. Most of the time they can help you over the phone or by email and I don't know if you plan on having them their on the day of, but you would have to pay travel costs if you get one in Texas.
  • Options
    I'd definitely go with one from Branson.  That is a big "entertainment" town and it wouldn't surprise me if they had a handful of companies who do nothing but wedding planning.

We're  planning a wedding from Chicago, and we're getting married in Savannah, Ga.  We found a company that has wedding packages and basically all we have to do is show up - which takes a TON of stress off me!  The company is in Savannah, because I figured they'd have the connections and would know who is reputable and who isn't.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_wedding-planners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:f0b69e69-a5ee-424a-a2f8-144c279b2175Post:c48f6bef-0f0d-461f-a1df-1cd31c0b7783">Re: Wedding planners</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're  planning a wedding from Chicago, and we're getting married in Savannah, Ga.  
    Posted by ChiGirl2013[/QUOTE]

<div>I didn't know that!  Savannah is our favorite place to visit.  I would have secretly LOVED getting married there or on Tybee.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards