Snarky Brides

Uh.... huh.

So our house has a long driveway down the side which is completely full of trees and low lying bushes. It is pretty dense, and you cant see our house through it, on the other side is a funeral home. There is a side door that opens up to a little porch at the end of the drive way where we keep all of our recycling and garbage. I just threw some cans out and when I came inside my husband (just coming inside through the other back door with the dog) asked if I saw the man in the bushes. I said no and started to freak out - apparently when he was out with the dog he saw a man walk down our drive way and wander into the bushes/trees and sit down and start smoking a cigarette.

We turned on the alarm and went upstairs and were looking out the window and we could see him sitting in the trees smoking and rustling around.

We called the cops and as we were talking to them, the guy got up and wandered back down our drive way and started walking down the street, so I went outside to check things out. He left a plastic container half full of roasted chicken in the bushes, with a reusable shopping bag for the grocery store at the corner across the street. There was some other trash in there as well.

Now the thing that freaks me out even more - we are always finding chicken bones in our yard and we can never figure out where they are coming from. We assume it is animals bringing it in - we have spotted a raccoon, possum, groundhog, and skunk in our yard in the past. NOW it seems quite possible this guy camps out there pretty often and we just dont notice him - it was REALLY hard to see him through all of the leaves and tree cover, so its possible we just never see him - and he leaves food all the time and thats where all of the bones come from AND probably why we have so many animals scavenging around.

whatthefuckingfuck.

Re: Uh.... huh.

• Maybe he thinks it is like a public area? Can he see your house from the bushes?

And holy fuucking wierd.
  • Wtf? Did you continue filing a police report about him?
    Maybe put up no trespassing signs and ask the funeral home if they know anyone who fits the description of the guy? Can you clear out the underbrush at all to make it more visible?
  • Whoa, weird.  Have you told the cops you think he may be hanging out there pretty often?  Maybe they could occasionally do a drive-by check. 
  • Nebb that gave me the willies (and not in the good way).  Now I'm checking all of my hedges.
  • OMG how weird is that? He has made your house his picnic area.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Where he was sitting is about 10-15 feet away from our side porch, so he can definitely see our house from there. The configuration of the funeral home probably doesnt allow for them to see him, the actual building is pretty far from the road and there is just tons of lawn where he was at. I have a feeling he only does this at night. We often times see our garage sensor light come on at night, but we always assume its branches moving from the wind. We have a LOT of trees on our property. The trees/bushes are actually not ours so we arent "allowed" to do anything with them, as far as I know.
  • And why only chicken? Does he look homeless?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_uh-huh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:21680ec4-8553-40ea-b95c-53b2caee4c9dPost:1a1c18af-bd6d-4b20-b357-46a43251ff92">Re: Uh.... huh.</a>:
    [QUOTE]And why only chicken? Does he look homeless?
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.....what's up with all the chicken.  You have a veggie garden right?? Is he eating your stuff??
  • Ha, people are peculiar (sp?)

• NebbNebb member
    Hah thats what my mom said, maybe thats who keeps eating the ends off of all of my beans. I havnt noticed anything going missing in the garden really, so I doubt that is the case.

We always find shiit in our yard - pieces of hamburger buns, bones (mainly chicken bones), stuff like that.

I couldnt really get a good look at him, but he DID look drunk - he was stumbling around a lot when he was walking away. He looked like he was in his 40s or so, he was native, and wearing a red hawaiian shirt.
  • Awww that's sad :( Hopefully he's harmless.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_uh-huh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:21680ec4-8553-40ea-b95c-53b2caee4c9dPost:9a1c97e5-35bb-41ff-b488-72cf778ea22e">Re: Uh.... huh.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hah thats what my mom said, maybe thats who keeps eating the ends off of all of my beans. I havnt noticed anything going missing in the garden really, so I doubt that is the case. We always find shiit in our yard - pieces of hamburger buns, bones (mainly chicken bones), stuff like that. I couldnt really get a good look at him, but he DID look drunk - he was stumbling around a lot when he was walking away. He looked like he was in his 40s or so, he was native, and wearing a red hawaiian shirt.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

So he only leaves the biodegradable trash behind?? I guess thats kinda thoughtful.  Is your house near a bus stop or something??
  • I would have a camera by the window and next time you see the light come on try to get a picture of him. Maybe he has a profile already if he's homeless.

That's just so weird and freaky Nebb :(
  • NebbNebb member
    It is, we live on a main road near a plaza (that has a grocery store, a number of food stores, and a beer store). Weve never noticed any trash but to be honest we never really poke around in that area, weve never had any need. We dont use our garage and other than my husband walking the garbage down the drive way on monday nights we are rarely back there.
  • NebbNebb member
    My husband just drove down the street looking for him/the cops - the guy hadnt even made it to the end of the block (in 20 minutes) and he stumbled into the food place at the corner down there and my husband turned back and the cops were in our driveway so he told them where the guy was and they went off to find him and are coming back. I think the cops think this whole situation is crazy. The woman on the phone was laughing because she was confused by it all.
  • In our old neighborhood, on our walking route from home to the gym, there was a homeless man that lived in a nook of bushes around a tree in someone's front yard. Everyone knew he was there, he never bothered anyone. He was at the very front of their large yard, on the corner near the bus stop. He was there for years, and he even left his bike chained to that tree. 

It is weird that he's leaving chicken bones in your yard. I hope he's not practicing voodoo in your bushes. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • NebbNebb member
    He BETTER not be practicing voodoo. This is a no voodoo zone.
  • Oh that's so creepy. My first thought when I read the op was that he was homeless for some reason.

I hope the cops catch him and you can find out what's been going on.

I just closed all my blinds because I suddenly felt paranoid that some weirdo could be outside watching me. Not that I'm doing anything interesting....posting on the sb board and watching bridezillas.
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Weird and creepy, Nebb.  What are the police planning to do?  Are the bushes the funeral home's property?  Do they have no-tresspassing signs?
  • NebbNebb member
    I dont believe they do, we walk our dog over in their parking lot/lawns all the time and weve never had anything said to us before.
  • Maybe he has some weird connection with the funeral home...like his wife just passed away and that is where she was...some people are crazy like that! 
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_uh-huh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:21680ec4-8553-40ea-b95c-53b2caee4c9dPost:e1b138c1-5a70-4a6d-be57-ba55b2a8a1fa">Re: Uh.... huh.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe he has some weird connection with the funeral home...like his wife just passed away and that is where she was...some people are crazy like that! 
    Posted by barbbhoww[/QUOTE]

I don't know if that would make the situation better or worse.
  • But it would give us an answer! haha
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Did you see him lick his fingers after eating the chicken? This is important.
  • what the hell. that's creepy as fluck!
    Photobucket
  • That is so weird...I now have a major case of the heebie-jeebies.
  • Time to invest in a fence!
  • PS: How big is your block?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards