New York-Western

Bridesmaids dresses

I need help finding a place that has reasonable priced bridesmaids dresses in the Buffalo area. I already purchased my dress @ Victoria's Bridal shop in Williamsville. I was not impressed with their bridesmaids dresses though. I made an appointment @ David's bridal this Saturday 1/8, but now i'm starting to second guess it. I was looking online at their selection and I wasn't too impressed. I don't want my bridesmaids to have to spend more than $150 dollars, or maybe a maximum of $175. I was going to try Classic bridal. They seem to have mixed reviews, but I read that they have new staff. Anyone with suggestions, please help! Thanks! :-)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaids dresses

• MrsPawlak2BMrsPawlak2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo just opened a store in Buffalo last week on Niagara Falls Blvd.  I love their dresses and most of them are reasonably priced.  I've been searching for bridemaid dresses at all the local salons and I couldn't find anything I loved.  I made an appt. for Thursday so hopefully I'll find something!  Check out the website... www.alfredangelo.com
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • Nicole7109Nicole7109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow I didn't know an Alfred Angelo opened! That would be perfect. I've seen their dresses, and really like them. I'm definitely gonna give them a call tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment for Saturday.Thank you for letting me know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just going to reccomened alfredo angelo. Give them a try. I drove to Greece to use them for my weedding since the one in Buffalo was not open yet!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, did you call there to make the appointment? I just tried calling the number I got from the Alfred Angelo website, and the phone just kept ringing. Finally it went to a voicemail that just said the person is not available. The number I called is 716-243-7028. It says the hours for Mon-Fri are 10-6pm, and I called a little after 10:00am. I might just try to stop in there before I work today, since I only live 10 minutes away. It would be great if I could get a Saturday appointment, bc suprisingly all 8 of my bridesmaids are avaialble then. I don't know what the chances are of that happening again! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually nevermind, I tried the number again, and someone answered. I guess they open at 11:00, not 10:00 like the website says. They were able to get us in on Saturday afternoon, which is great. I'm gonna stop in there today too, so I have an idea of what they have, before I bring all of my bridesmaids in on Saturday. Thanks again for letting me know that they opened! I probably never would of known, until it was too late!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just stopped in today to take a look. Yuo can tell they  are still getting organized since they just opened last Thursday. They were very helpful though! The one girl Jess was great! I think I found a dress that I really like. Here's the link to it.. http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?productID=b7473058-3809-4793-8cad-eb1a3be87b52&categoryID=772f03c9-de43-4942-bfa0-da77e21ebd65&pg=1&colorId1= Hopefully my bridesmaids will like it! Oh, and they are also doing  a 15% off sale. I guess their grand opening isnt until January 15th, and they are going to have the sale then, but she said she would honor it beforehand. It's kinda nice to go in their now, since not too many people know about it yet, so it's not crazy in there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cute dress! I had all my girls pick a dress that was long and satin as long as it came in purple. Just another opition that you might want to consider if your girls range in body type and size like my girls. Good luck!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, the 15% off is nice!  The dress you mentioned is super cute!  I can't wait for my appt. on Thursday!!
  • edited December 2011
    I got my bridesmaid dressed at Classic Bridal off William. They had a good selection and the ladies were helpful!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I had my appointment today @ Alfred Angelo, with 6 out of 8 of my bridesmaids. It did not start out too well...There were very busy in there today, and said they did not have an appointment for me. I made the appointment with them over the phone on Monday for today, then went in there on Monday to look by myself. The girl confirmed the appointment on Monday, and took all of my info down, so I wouldn't have to worry about it today. and they didn't have any info on me! So we waited a while before some1 could help us..the one woman who worked there was extremely rude- while we waited for a dressing room, apparently we were in the way, and we went to move, and walked in front of her- in a very nasty way, she said ummm can I help you??? I was like umm no we are just trying to get out of the way! I felt like we were a bother to them, even though I made an appontment. So my girls tried on a bunch of dresses, and ended up deciding on this one..
    http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?style=7006

My 2 maid of honors are going to wear this one..
    http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?style=7006

The color is going to be Fuchsia for both styles. It is different from the dress I had originally picked out, but all the girls really liked this one, and it flatters all of their body types. I have to go back this week, with 2 of my other bridesmaids, and hopefully I have a better experience!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hlw2505hlw2505 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I was at alfred angelo today and to pick out my wedding dress and I was not very pleased. It felt like once I picked a dress I wanted they were rushing me to buy and I was so annoyed. They also told me that I had 2 hour appt. and then it turned out to be just an hour. It just wasn't as fun as I imagined. I didn't buy the dress I was so upset. Going to look else where, any suggestions?
  • edited December 2011
    I am setting up an appointment at Alfred Angelo for early Feb for my bridesmaid dresses.  I hope my appointment goes better than yours!

I got my wedding gown at M.A. Carr in Orchard Park.  I had the best time there and their selection was amazing!  My consultant was so friendly and knowledge.  While they did do the "hard sell" at the end when I was almost committed to a dress, I was ok with it because deep down I knew that tbe dress was my dress.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea I feel like they are rushing in there and many people don't know what's going on in there! It's very unorganized! I actually bought my dress from Victorias bridal shop- it's on Sheridan in the Georgetown square. It's a small place, not a huge selection, but I had a great experience. They had exactly the dress I was looking for! I've also heard wonderful things about m. Carr bridal shop. It's in orchard park. My cousin bought her wedding dress from there, and said Trey were great. Also, they have the best online reviews, out of any other bridal shop in the area. I don't know what it is, but most of the bridal shops around here have horrible reviews. Victorias had mixed reviews online, but I decided to try it anyways, and I was pleasantly surprised! Good luck - keep us posted on how it goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hlw2505hlw2505 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I am going to setup appointments at victori's and ma carr then.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had my appt. at Alfred Angelo as well!  I stopped in on Thursday afternoon with my MOH.  We did have an appt. and were able to try on a bunch of dresses!  Ashley was helping us and she was great.  However, when she stepped away at one point, another girl came over to us and asked, "when did you get here?" and "did you have an appt.?"  Her tone of voice was very rude.  We indeed had an appt., but we were also the only people there so I didn't understand what her problem was.  Anyway, we narrowed it down to a few choices and made another appt. for Saturday.  I went back with more of my girls and we decided on this one!!

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?style=7041s

We are going with fuschia as well!  As far as the customer service on Saturday, I really think that the majority of their staff has never worked in a bridal salon before.  Although they were nice, they were not very helpful and were awkward.  Maybe things will get better with time... Either way, I'm glad I found a dress I love for a reasonable price that looks great on all my girls.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Bridal Chateau on Wherle Dr.  They are amazing and so is their selection!  I can't say enough about them!!  They are fantastic.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mrspawlak-I agree exactly with what you said. I feel that once they are open a while, their service will hopefully get better. I love the dress you picked out!! And good color choice ;-) I wonder if the woman who gave you a problem was the same one that was rude to us? She was in her upper 40s I'd say and had dark hair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jnpiwowarczykjnpiwowarczyk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked out my bridesmaid dresses i liked online and went to places that carried them. have you ever heard of pearls place? you can order the exact dress but for way cheaper. they have a huge thing of dresses and thats what they do. my girls are ordering their dresses & its costing them 154 with tax & s&h. they have to go fitted through someone who does it on the side at their house or something but they saved money. I didnt like any place I went  for bridesmaid shopping tho, I went to Ma Carr in orchard park and the girl I had was awful but when I went for mother of the bride dres shopping there they were wonderful. Bridal Cheatu is nice too & has a decent selection. Classic bridal in cheektowaga has another okay selection but i wasnt wowed by the service.
  • cutypy0516cutypy0516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just think it's sad that Alfred Angelo has turned into Davids.  They've been around a long time, and apparently were using a lot of bridal stores for their sales information to open up their own salons.  Once they move into the area, they shut down anyone's account who carries them in a 20 mile radius. Even if they have new stock that they had to pay for, they are no longer able to take orders on it, making it worthless.  They've put salons out of business by this move.  And even if they are allowed to carry the line, they can't compete with the sales or selection.  Yes, I am one of those people who prefer to buy from the local store versus going to Walmart.  I've been a bride and a bridesmaid a bunch of times, so I can empathize with everyone's situations, I just thought I would put my 2 cents in after hearing all the AA comments. 
    Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but the amount of moments that take you breath away. - Anon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards