Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Vendor Reviews

Hi ladies,

I just had my wedding last night at the Flying Bridge and it was incredible!! By far the best night of my life!!  I always found the vendor reviews on here so helpful (and since I'm not leaving for my honeymoon for another couple days and have nothing to do, I figured I'd write these now :)  )...

Reception: Flying Bridge - A ++++
I cannot say enough good things about them. They blew my expectations out of the water! They were so incredible. We got the chicken cordon bleu and the baked scrod and it was amazing! My guests were coming up to me telling me that was the best food theyve ever had at a wedding. And Darlene (the wedding coordinator) is so amazing. She was so helpful and attentive and completely took over the day of and the day went so smoothly. Darlene and Tyler have been so easy and helpful to work with from day 1 and I couldn't have been happier!

Photographer: Amber Shomo with Forevercandid Photography- A+++++
Amber is AMAZING! She is an absolute hidden gem (except she's not so hidden anymore!!) She came as a recommendation to me from my sister, and I am so thrilled with her. I haven't gotten any of my pictures yet (obviously, since the wedding was yesterday), but seeing her work on her website and our engagement session, she works magic. And she's very fun to work with. And on top of it all, she completely took control of my massive wedding party and crazy loud family. Pictures were a breeze! :) HIGHLY recommend her.

Hair: Erin Mc Tygue with Artworx- A+
I love Erin! I found her here on the knot and I am so happy I was able to snag her for my day. She had to get through 11 girls hair, including mine. She started at 9:30 and finished at 1. And everyone's hair was gorgeous! We didn't do a trial. All I had to do was show her the picture of what I wanted and poof! She made it happen. Highly recommend!!

Cake: Casual Gourmet- B+
I went with them because they are a preferred vendor of the flying bridge. The cake looked exactly what it looked like in the picture I sent to them, but the navy blue coloring started to run and drip down the white of the cake. I don't know if thats their problem or what, but it wasn't that hot out. They also told me to get WHITE WHITE ribbon to go around the cake, and it totally clashed with the ivory buttercream frosting. I guess some people don't know their different shades of white :) But its ok, the cake tasted delicious and it was such a minor detail.

DJ: Scott Rosenthal with CapeTunes - A+++
I absolutely LOVED Scott. He was so amazing. He was so attentive and always emailed me back within MINUTES. He listened to every one of my requests, and he kept the dance floor packed all night long! Everyone had such a blast thanks to Scott. One of my requests was to not have any vulgar language in any songs (due to the fact that there were a few little kids running around). And someone requested a vulgar rap song and he took me aside and asked if I wanted him to play it, and he said that he had a clean version if I did. He was just so attentive. I don't know what other DJ would have cared to make the guests and bride happy to do that :) HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Centerpiece flowers: Jenn Mehrtens with Just For You Florist in Pocasset - A!!
Jenn was great. I had very little contact with her, but the little discussions we had over email of what I wanted for my centerpieces went a  long way! She took my vision and made it happen! And she was BY FAR the best pricing around. She took a little while to respond to me, but I guess she was having internet problems at her shop for a while. But needless to say, my centerpieces were absolutely perfect.

Bouquet flowers: Flowers ordered through Stop and Shop in Falmouth, and my sister did the bouquets - C
Judy (the manager at the floral dept. at Stop & Shop) kinda screwed up my order. She didn't order NEARLY enough flowers for me. She ordered about half of what I asked for. When I was ordering the flowers, I stressed the point to her many many times that I wanted PALE YELLOW flowers, and that I didn't want ANYTHING bright. I told her that if she can't guarantee that the color will be pale yellow and NOT bright, then to order it in cream or white because I didn't want bright. Well, the very few gerber daisies she ordered were a bright, neon, school-bus yellow. And she lied to me and said that she told me over the phone that she can't guarantee the coloring of the flowers and whatnot. So, needless to say, my sister and I then went to Shaws down the street to pick up more flowers since Stop and Shop screwed up my order. My flowers ended up being GORGEOUS, thanks to Shaws and my sister. But I guess this is the gamble you have to take with going the DIY route.

Alterations: Bridal Fashions and Alterations, Wayland MA - A
Sienna was AWESOME. She is very expensive but worth every penny. My dress needed some major alterations done since I lost so much weight, but my dress fit me like a glove and my bustle was gorgeous!!

Hope this helps some of you! If you have any questions, or want to hear anything else, let me know :)

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    Thanks! I am also using Scott Rosenthal as our DJ and I'll be using Erin McTygue - it's nice to see their great reviews.

Congrats!
  • nicunicu2002nicunicu2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats on your wedding!  we too are using Amber for our pics.  I love her web site and cant wait to have engagement pics taken with her this fall.  We are also having our reception at TFB, however will be having the stations vs. sit down.  Glad to know that Darlene was good to work with.

kim
  • edited December 2011
    we are using scott as well - glad you were happy wtih him!
  • kmurph286kmurph286 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Scott from Cape Tunes as well for my June 2nd wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Scott and He was AMAZING!!!! totally agree with your review! He made our wedding!! we were married at the lighthouse inn, he had a great idea & told us to trust him..He ended up moving the music outside so my husband and I could do our last dance on on the beach with ALL of our friends and family watching from the balconies above. It is a moment we will remember forever!
    you are in good hands with scott!
  • edited December 2011
    I guess with the flowers you get what you pay for
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards