Latino Weddings

Recommended hairstyles for mantilla?

Does anyone have any recommend hair styles for the mantilla? Originally I was thinking of wearing my hair half up/half down, but I'm worried the comb part of the veil would mess up the half up part in the front. My hair is well past shoulder length so I have a bit to work with. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
TIA,
Julie
My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011

Re: Recommended hairstyles for mantilla?

• edited December 2011
    I am wearing a mantilla veil and I will have all of my hair pulled back in a ball of curls at the back of my head.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the idea of a side ponytail so that is what I am going with.  It works well because I will wear a flower w/feathers during the reception.  The side ponytail hairstyle works well for both.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • edited December 2011
    I will be wearing a mantilla veil and also planned on wearing my hair half up half down.  Eva Longoria has some great hairstyles for this!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with the same half up/down style. I wanted my hair down for the wedding & reception but know that something has to hold the comb in so I'm opting for this style.
  • Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is what I am doing...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm still thinking i'm going to do a side ponytail, but i saw this picture and now an thinking about this.....
  • edited December 2011

Have a try-out session with your hairstylist. Take the mantilla with you!

Some things to consider, too, are the location (outdoor/indoor), the weight of your mantilla (mine, for instance, is very heavy), and also what goes best with your face shape. Some people simply cannot pull-off an updo.

Best of luck!

"My husband says I feed him like he's a god: every meal is a burnt offering." ~Rhonda Hansome
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of doing a cathedral length mantilla... I'll most likely put my hair in a side ponytail... and then I'll change up the hairstyle for the reception.
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • edited December 2011
    My friend did soft curls, sides pinned back.
  • tinamijatinamija member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Does anyone have any pictures??

• edited December 2011
    My hair will be down but pulled back off my face...sorry no pic...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards