Wedding Etiquette Forum

Merry Christmas Eve eve...

Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...

• This was my facebook status today :)
  • i'm around for a bit, waiting for H to get home.  Nothing too exciting.
    Photobucket
  • I'm here.  J is complaining his bored.  I told him if he thinks of something to do, we can do it.  Personally, I'm exhausted and I'm down for an evening doing noting on the couch.
    Anniversary
  • Yeah... I'm here, but actually staying busy at work tonight.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm here. Just got home from work wich was chaos most of the day.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • I'm here.

It's pouring again and I'm doing laundry and getting preppig our Christmas Eve dinner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel almost kinda bad.  One of the girls I work with called me today to see if I can be off on Monday and work on Thursday next week.  Now, she only works 1 day a week.  Thursdays at my job SUCK.  They are horrible, so I didn't call her back - I want my nice day off :)
    Photobucket
  • Nope, fishy is a hoar and started a rumor that I was preggo beacause I was sick the other night. It's really blown up around here lol
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • eh, honestly the lack of holiday cheer is the least of the problems the weather causes.

• Merry Christmas Eve Eve!!!!  I'm ready for it to be here.  Except lil Stack has come down with a cold - I really hope it gets better before Saturday.  I hope everyone is having a good night.
  • I talked to my mom earlier and she said she came down with a cold too.  That stinks.  

I am kinda busy at work, but I still feel like it should be time to go home, but I still have 3 hours... it is DRAGGING!
  • Bree - if you're in Tennessee, why do spell Rumor with an extra u?  "rumoUr"?
  • I'm so sore today. Being on my feet for 8 hours was almost enough to put me in tears.
  • I bet... are you feeling better after your tests, or did today overdo it a little?  I know you had to take it easy yesterday.
  • J and I are watching Apollo 13 right now.  Is it weird that it's making me wish I were an astronaut? I mean...they shuttle just took off, but I know what happens.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d539d78c-f02f-4e0e-8502-0aeb621e5e5ePost:5b85da00-df8f-4c55-96ba-286086fab66a">Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve... : It is summer down here and yes it is weird beyond belief to celebrate when it's over 100 F outside.  So weird, in fact, I didn't even bother to decorate and dinner tonight is my only acknowledgement of the holiday at all Which is sad because Christmas was always my favorite time of year and the heat just sucks all the joy out of it.  I'll probably only celebrate in the future if we can manage to make it back to the states for it.
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yeah it was 70 here today. I mean, it's been 55 and raining for a week straight, so it started to feel like "winter," but being in a warmer climate, Christmas really sneaks up on you.</div>
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Oh yeah, Ciara...how did your tests go the other day?
    Anniversary
  • Gusy, I hate to toot my own horn. But seriously. I don't even like pecan pie and this is the BEST I've ever, ever had. Please, please, please make this.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/pecan-pie-recipe/index.html
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • LOL - Bree - Cananadiaun knotties must be the answer :).  

Hiya Shortee!

Mery - I've NEVER been somewhere warm for Christmas.  I think I'd like to try it at least once.. maybe.
  • We won't get the results of the amnio for another 2 weeks. There is definitely a cleft palate but they couldn't tell how severe it was as little one wouldn't move his hand out of his face. I'm positive that the amnio will come back clear of any abnormalities and that all that will have to happen are the surgeries he will need to correct the cleft.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d539d78c-f02f-4e0e-8502-0aeb621e5e5ePost:56fa13c5-b067-4f92-b787-f95fd27f7092">Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve... : Yeah it was 70 here today. I mean, it's been 55 and raining for a week straight, so it started to feel like "winter," but being in a warmer climate, Christmas really sneaks up on you.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

I would love for it to be in the70's!  It's so hot and humid here, you always have that slight layer of sweat on you, just enough for any dust in the air to stick to you, so you ALWAYS have that slightly dirty sticky feeling...

yeah, that makes for a super happy aMrs
  • aMrs, Please dont' take this the wrong way....Are you happy at all? I worry about you sorta. I know that sounds really lame. But...things are so different for you. Seems like you're having a hard time adjusting.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d539d78c-f02f-4e0e-8502-0aeb621e5e5ePost:752f72ec-d9dd-4f73-b94e-a30e7f7a8702">Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gusy, <strong>I hate to toot my own horn</strong>. But seriously. I don't even like pecan pie and this is the BEST I've ever, ever had. Please, please, please make this. <a href="http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/pecan-pie-recipe/index.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/pecan-pie-recipe/index.html</a>
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]
    Be careful, I heard this will make you go blind.
    Photobucket
  • aMrs, why did you move to OZ?  Is your H from there?
    Anniversary
  • LVB, I've always heard it referred to as a "Gentlemen's Pecan Pie" when it has the bourbon in it, beccause a lady would never touch spirits.

Yeah I've encountered Old Southern NoLA women far too often.
  • Ciara, do you feel a little bit better now that you have some answers?
    Anniversary
  • Evening everyone!

I just got home from work and running to the store. H and I are watching the Grinch on ABC.

I baked some awesome snickerdoodles today. But I ended up burning the white chocolate chips for the peppermint, so had to stop at the store and pick up another bag. The stores are crazy and nearly wiped out of everything. Tomorrow I will finish the baking and make spinach lasagna for dinner before we go to midnight Mass.
  • Yum... spinach lasagna sounds good.  And so do snickerdoodles :).

PS - Hi Missy :)
  • I do. I can now prepare myself for the surgeries that he is going to have to go through. We have another ultrasound scheduled for next month to get another look at his cleft as he wasn't cooperating on Tuesday. Then we will schedule a appointment with the DRs at Seattle Childrens Hospital to meet with them and discuss the process of the surgeries and when they will need to be done.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d539d78c-f02f-4e0e-8502-0aeb621e5e5ePost:4531e385-fe6f-4e42-8a0b-a1b512eec1c1">Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL - Bree - Cananadiaun knotties must be the answer :).   Hiya Shortee! Mery - I've NEVER been somewhere warm for Christmas.  I think I'd like to try it at least once.. maybe.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>My parents aren't big on vacationing, and my mom would never EV ER leave NY for Christmas because she couldn't stand to be somewhere without snow. Not that we always had snow, but usually. </div><div>
    </div><div>Actually, my mom complains about traveling every time she visits me, which is a grand total of 3 times in 7 years. And is 2 times more than my dad has been here. So yeah, did I mentioned they never leave upstate NY? :-P</div>
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards