Indiana

Teen Relatives and guest

I have many cousins who will be attending my wedding. They are all in the 16 to 20 range. I am curious about when I send the invitation to my family if I should allow them to bring guests as well. I know some of them are in relationships but with teenagers you never know how long they will last. I am allowing my maid of honor who is one of my cousins and is only 20 to bring a guest and my mother says I should allow my brothers to bring guests. SO i am curious if the same thing should be allowed for cousins.

Re: Teen Relatives and guest

• edited December 2011
    We have the same problem, lol.  What we decided to do was anyone who was over the age of 18 will get an invite sent to them including a guest.  Anyone under 18, they will be included on the invitation with their parents.  I hope this helps
  • edited December 2011

It would depend on two things:

1. Do you want a bunch of teenagers at your wedding?  For us we wanted people we knew to be there to share our special day with us.  I didn't want to look out into the ceremony and see a bunch of faces I didnt know.  I also didn't want pictures of a bunch of people I didn't know.

2. Is inviting all of these people within your budget? 

• edited December 2011
    I probably wouldn't include "and guest" on any of the invites.  That being said, if any of them are in long term, serious relationships it would be considered.  There's a big difference in age/maturity from 16 to 20.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards