New York-Hudson Valley

Hair/Makeup

Any suggestions for Hair and Makeup in Lower Westchester(New Rochelle area).

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image 190 Invited
image 158 Are ready to party!
image 32 Will be missing out!
image 0 Can't find the mailbox!

Re: Hair/Makeup

• AniaNYCAniaNYC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try JK FLashy for makeup and Melisa Scrofani for hair.
  • PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Check out Jaclyn Graves, she has a website but I don't have it handy... I'm having a trial done with her this weekend so PM if you want to know how it goes.  She's in Northern Jersey and she's willing to travel up to Poughkeepsie for my wedding so I definitely think she'd be okay to go to Westchester haha. 

-Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just had a makeup trial with Christine from Color Make-up Studio this past weekend.  She did a great job and I'm really excited to book her :) She's located in Pearl River but travels! 

imageAnniversary
  • bridaljoybridaljoy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Christine from color makeup.  She was one of my favorite vendors.  Not only is she extremely talented and so nice, but she is really affordable.  Highly recommend!
    colormakeupstudio.com
     John Anthony Salon for hair.  He is a little more expensive but my hair looked great. 
  • atorresnyatorresny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did trials with both JK Flashy for makeup and Melisa Scrofani for hair and booked them both on the spot!
    November siggy image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • foreverbossyforeverbossy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp christine from color makeup studio is amazing from the trial to my wedding day.  I never looked and felt so wonderful!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_hairmakeup-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:8b7640c1-ac58-4205-8c40-596bf4bb4152Post:92b56b08-5a38-4ba0-9038-475987f970df">Re: Hair/Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did trials with both JK Flashy for makeup and Melisa Scrofani for hair and booked them both on the spot!
    Posted by atorresny[/QUOTE]

Same exact thing! Both were so great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    Same with me. I had trials with both JK Flashy and Melissa Scrofani and booked them both!
  • LOVE Jessica Lauren.  She's in Long Island but is willing to travel!  She's done makeup for celebrities and such.  Did many weddings for friends of mine.  Check her out! http://studiotresjolie.com/ 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LOVE JESSICA LAUREN........ She is the absolute best makeup artist!!!! Did my makeup for my wedding and it was stunning and flawless! True artist!!!!! She's soooo sweet and accommodating and fun!!!!!! Love her!!!!!
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013
    I had two trials with Jill from JK Flashy. HATED my first trial and my second one was good but I still wasn't wow'ed by it. I also thought she had a bit of an attitude and didn't like when I went for my trial she made a comment about me not booking my services yet. Um duh... that's what a trial is for. That was my experience... I know others who were happy with her though. I wound up using Anne DeMarco (based out of NYC and LI but travels) for my makeup. Although her services DO NOT come cheap (she does a ton of celebrities), she was well worth it, as I was THRILLED with my makeup (it truly was flawless) and received compliments the entire night. Check out her FB page (she posts tons of pictures of brides) - Anne DeMarco Cosmetics

My friend also went for a trial with Jill (from JKFlashy) before her engagement shoot and Jill was LATE to the appointment and therefore made my friend late to her shoot.

September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MEREDITH HAYMAN for Makeup by far - there's no comparison.  I have had my makeup done many times by different professionals and she is second to none.  I found Meredith when I was a bridesmaid in another wedding and once she did my makeup that day I knew there was no one else that even came close.  She paid attention to what I wanted, the coloring of my face, hair, and dress.  What I really liked was that you could bring any picture to her and she will do it.  Meredith did my makeup for my engagement session, bridal shower, and is doing my wedding.  ALL are three DIFFERENT looks and she has executed each to perfection.  She also did my mom's makeup who is VERY picky and was floored at how good she looked.  She felt beautiful and the pictures from the shower came out amazing.

I also must mention that the makeup will stay on ALL DAY which is great through dancing, taking pictures in the sun, etc.  On top of that, she is available to stay with your party for touch ups if need be - but book her early, as she is in high demand.  

Lastly, the reason I chose Meredith was that she literally made the day at my friend's wedding BETTER and was there to fix things that had nothing to do with makeup.  For example, she was able to fix everyone's dress to look how it needed to look, and she fixed my necklace which broke right before we were supposed to take pictures.  Bottom line: I wouldn't trust anyone else with my special day.  She loves what she does and that's the kind of person that I want around on the day I get married.

Hair: I also chose Melissa Scrofani  who is amazing - and also works really really well with Meredith.  They are a great team and feed off each other to make the morning going smoothly and efficient.  So glad I was fortunate enough that these two were available for my day.

Good luck!!!!
  • Hello all

I booked Meredith Hayman for my wedding which is next week and I am soo happy I did. She is very nice to work with and really listens to what kind of look you want to achieve as well as recommending what would work for you even if you don't. She is really good at what she does and helps with my constant search for the perfect lash or the perfect lip color for the most special day in our lives. I booked her to do not only my make-up but the makeup for my wedding party to make sure we all look fabulous !!! :):):)

You will not be dissappointed I promise.

Good luck with your wedding and give Meredith a call, and tell her Martez said HI :)www.meredithhayman.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards