January 2012 Weddings

Wedding Poll (to liven this place up!...;)

1.  How old are you?... FI?
2.  Where are you from?.. FI?... Where will the wedding be?
3.  What do you do?... FI?
4.  What are your wedding colors?
5.  How big is your wedding party?
6. Be honest, are you a bridezilla, discuss.  If not, tell us about your groomzilla!
7.  What are your hobbies?
8.  Why a winter wedding?

that's all I can think of now =D

Re: Wedding Poll (to liven this place up!...;)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_wedding-poll-liven-this-place-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:4e04e61b-9643-40ed-8c01-d0b40cb8d36fPost:1a5d5972-41fd-4ec1-a5eb-424fda1d17f8">Wedding Poll (to liven this place up!...;)</a>:
    [QUOTE]<div>1.  How old are you?... FI?  </div><div><strong>Me:  26</strong></div><div><strong>FI:  29</strong></div><div>2.  Where are you from?.. FI?... Where will the wedding be? </div><div><strong>Me:  Lafayette, LA</strong></div><div><strong>FI:  Atlanta, GA</strong></div><div><strong>Wedding:  New Orleans, LA--where we currently live!</strong></div><div>3.  What do you do?... FI? </div><div><strong>Me:  Dental hygienist</strong></div><div><strong>FI:  Graduated dental school last year... now finishing a residency in oral surgery... a little over four years left--but who's counting right? :\</strong></div><div>4.  What are your wedding colors?</div><div><strong>Black and Champagne.... We are big time Saints football fans and what better color than black and gold (or a shade of gold--champagne ;)</strong></div><div> 5.  How big is your wedding party? </div><div><strong>Groomzilla insists on a wedding.. with family and friends there....  I seriously would elope tomorrow if he's agree, but he won't... So we'll end up having 5 BMS and 5 GMS... one flower girl--no other children attending... about 150 guest total.</strong></div><div>6. Be honest, are you a bridezilla, discuss.  If not, tell us about your groomzilla!</div><div><strong>NOT AT ALL!... I am so NOT even a little bit stressed out about this wedding...I do, in fact, have a Groomzilla, however, who is insisting on ice sculptures.... :O</strong></div><div> 7.  What are your hobbies?</div><div><strong>travel, anything that involves a little alcohol and great friends, volunteering, running</strong></div><div> 8.  Why a winter wedding? </div><div><strong>We are getting married in New Orleans... there is usually 100% humidity... We're getting married in January because my hair will look fabulous!... duh  :)</strong></div><div>that's all I can think of now =D</div><div>Posted by Rdh2MrsOMFS[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • 1.  How old are you?... FI?
    I'm 24, he's 29
    I'm from Connecticut, he's from Connecticut, and we're getting married at the Seasons at the Tradition in Wallingford, CT
    I'm a marketing assistant for a sports company, he's a mech engineer
    Green and gold, chocolate and ivory accents
    5 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen
    6. Be honest, are you a bridezilla, discuss.  If not, tell us about your groomzilla!
    Neither of us are. We just want to be married to each other, however we get there is how we get there.
    Running, biking, swimming, reading
    I love snow - and it put our engagement at about a year. Also, the venues are less expensive. It all works out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_wedding-poll-liven-this-place-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:4e04e61b-9643-40ed-8c01-d0b40cb8d36fPost:1a5d5972-41fd-4ec1-a5eb-424fda1d17f8">Wedding Poll (to liven this place up!...;)</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    1.  How old are you? 34 and FI is 32
    2.  Where are you from? I am from DFW, TX and he is from Florida
    3.  Where will the wedding be? in Fort worth TX (Belltower Chapel and Gardens)
    4.  What do you do? I am a full time student (of edcuation) and FI is a programmer
    5.  What are your wedding colors? Light Blue and white. 
    6. How big is your wedding party? Technically it is six, but only three will stand up with me. He has three.
    7. Be honest, are you a bridezilla, discuss.  If not, tell us about your groomzilla! haha...that's a great question. I am not a bridezilla at all....i am way too passive to be one. But he is so a groomzilla by way of the budget...he's a huge financial guy!
    8.  What are your hobbies?oh, i love to crochet and knit i plan to take up sewing over the summe when i start a quilt...oh, god, i sound like a grandma! haha
    9.  Why a winter wedding? Well, it worked out that way for my school schedule! :) i wanted spring, but he didn't want to do a honeymoon during spring break.:)

Posted by Rdh2MrsOMFS[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1.  How old are you? 30 FI? 31
    2.  Where are you from? Chicago, IL FI? Kansas City, MO Where will the wedding be? Chicago, IL
    3.  What do you do? FI? We both work retail jobs right now but I will be going to pharmacy school soon and FI would like to have his own programming company.
    4.  What are your wedding colors? Purple, Silver, and White
    5.  How big is your wedding party? Probably will be 3 on each side.
    6. Be honest, are you a bridezilla, discuss.  If not, tell us about your groomzilla! Both of us are pretty laid back about the wedding. All of the vendors we have met with have seemed pretty surprised by it.
    7.  What are your hobbies? Reading, scrapbooking, bowling.
    8.  Why a winter wedding? A lot of the same reasons as PPs. School schedule, lower costs, 1 year engagement, didn't want crazy hot and humid summer.
  • TaraW1979TaraW1979 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    1.  How old are you?... FI?
    31, 33

Galloway, NJ, Point Pleasant, NJ...our wedding is at my Catholic Church in Absecon, NJ and the reception will be at Renault Winery in Egg Harbor City, NJ.

We are both teachers

Platinum (gray), navy, and accents of light blue

4 on each side

No, I'm not at all. He's not either.

Skiing, Shopping, Reading, Working out, Biking, Surfing, Photography

Because I love winter and always have. My FI and I love to snow ski and are planning to ski at Park City, Utah for our honeymoon. We have never skied out west so this is important for us. Also, we knew we would be able to save some money having a winter wedding. Oh and lastly, we didn't want to compete with other couple's date. We are fairly certain none of our family or friends will have another wedding to attend on 1-21-12.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1.  How old are you? 26 FI?  27

2.  Where are you from?.Somerville, MA. FI? Somerville, MA Where will the wedding be? Haverhill, MA

3.  What do you do? Real Estate FI? Owns his own Commercial/Industrial Painting company

4.  What are your wedding colors?Black and White with red accents
    5.  How big is your wedding party? 2 Matrons of honor, 2 bridesmaids, 2 groomsmen, 2 best men, 2 flower girls and a ring bearer. about 120 guests and only 6 kids (our neices/nephews)
    I'd like to say no,and I'm told I'm not, but I sometimes feel like I am when I get caught up in talking about all the details, I'm loving all my DIY projects!
    7.  What are your hobbies? reading, my dog, food (as in trying new things)! crafting

8.  Why a winter wedding? we're both hot people by nature, we didnt want to be two big sweaty messes! and the cost! I not only booked 18 months out to save but chose the off season and right after holidays to save, they will still have holiday decor up (minimal!) and will have just buffed floors, painted and cleaned rugs. I also am a huge xmas person, but FI is not, so we went with after the holidays so i can still sort of use influences of holidays without overkill.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I am 29... FI is 31
    We are both from California, our wedding will be in Fullerton, CA
    I am a Human Resources Coordinator for a hospice company and FI is a Teacher.
    Purple and Lime Green
    1 MOH 3 BM 1BM 3GM... so a total of 8
    I don't think I'm a bridezilla, though I will admit a few weeks ago I just about said forget the whole big wedding and dang near begged FI to look at Vegas wedding spots (I've always wanted to get married in Vegas). He agreed we could day trip to Vegas and take a look that weekend but I knew the chapels wouldn't be as pretty as our current venue so I told him no, that we can just stay with what we have. But most of the time he and I are very much just going with the flow of things.
    I love being outside and doing what tiny bit of gardening apartment living lets me do. I love to read a good book , my reading tastes vary. I'd love to get back into horseback riding again!
    I'll admit that most of it had to do with cost. I looked up the 3 cheapest wedding months (March, January, February) and went from there. I ruled out March because it seemed too far away at the time (14 months) and then quickly ruled out February because its my birthday month and Valentines. So we settled on January. When picking the actual date we had to work around testing time for FIs work to make sure he would be able to take a week off. We were going to originally plan for Sat the 28th but money talked and we went with Friday because it made the venue even less money.
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • 1.  How old are you?
    We're both 23

2.  Where are you from?
    We're both from Garden Grove, CA (Orange County)

Where will the wedding be?
    Ceremony an reception will be in Garden Grove.

3.  What do you do?
    I'm currently student teaching and will graduate with a BA and teaching credential this December
    FI?
    Full-time student and works part-time as a tutor. He will start student teaching one semester after me.

Navy blue, yellow, gray

5 BM, 5 GM, 1 FG, 1 RB

Absolutely not! We are both very low-key people and are having a somewhat casual wedding. We're trying to make it as stress-free as possible.

Reading, camping, hiking, going to the movies, hanging out with friends and family

We both love winter! We started dating in December so winter has always been special to us. Plus, I wanted to be able to serve hot cocoa and cider
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
    We're both 25
    We're from New Orleans, LA.  Ceremony and reception will be held here in the city.
    I'm an Accountant...My FI is finishing up with school and working a full-time job as well
    Eggplant, Amber (Burnt Orange), and Gold
    6 BMs/GMs and Flower Girl
    Neither of us are zillas!
    I'm a dancer and he's a graphic designer
    Winter weddings aren't too common and it worked perfectly with my FI's schedule for graduation.  Winter weddings add the element of romance that weddings of other seasons won't have!
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Visit Winter.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1.  How old are you?... FI? We are both 24 years old

2.  Where are you from?.. FI?... We both live in Arizona
    Where will the wedding be? The wedding will also be in Arizona
    3.  What do you do?... FI? I am currently in nursing school graduating in may2012 after our wedding :) My fiance does remodel on homes and works for a contracter
    4.  What are your wedding colors? teal, silver, ivory
    5.  How big is your wedding party? we have 7bm and 7gm and 2 ringbearers and 1 flowergirl
    Both of us are pretty laid back about it all but we also made sure we had time to plan with a year and 4 month engagement
    7.  What are your hobbies? nursing school takes up most of my time, but i just joined an indoor soccer team through my church, and well my faith is the huge part of my life

Majority of our family is all on the east coast from ohio to pennsylvania and maryland...so we decided to get them out of the crazy cold and bring them to arizona for some refreshing winter weather. Just hoping we don't some freak crazy cold stormy weather and that they don't either for travels!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1.  How old are you?... FI? 21 and 21, but will both be 22 at the wedding.

2.  Where are you from?.. FI?... Where will the wedding be? Kutztown, PA for both, and Kutztown and Magungie for the Wedding

3.  What do you do?... FI? We are both still students- me teaching and him physics- and we graduate May 2012

4.  What are your wedding colors? Chocolate, Aqua and Ivory

5.  How big is your wedding party? 1 MOH and BM, 2 maids and GM and 2 FG and RB

6. Be honest, are you a bridezilla, discuss.  If not, tell us about your groomzilla! I am about some things, but most of the time I am carefree. He is not groomzilla either, but has very strong opinions on some things. My only bridezilla moment was yelling at my MOH in a bridal shop to find the dresses on a rack!

7.  What are your hobbies? Cross stiching, sewing and planning my wedding (don't have much other time)

8.  Why a winter wedding? FI is in ROTC, and we were trying to avoid deployment dates. But we also enjoy the price and the beauty because we are partying at a ski resort.
  • edited May 2011
    1.  How old are you?... 27
    FI?  30

2.  Where are you from?.. Belmont, NC
    FI?... Locust, NC
    Where will the wedding be? First Baptist Church of Locust

3.  What do you do?... Senior Teller at a credit union
    FI? Works for UPS Freight and part time at Beard Bikes

4.  What are your wedding colors? Royal Blue with black and silver accents

5.  How big is your wedding party? 3 Bridesmaids, 3 Groomsmen, 3 Flowergirls

6. Be honest, are you a bridezilla, discuss.  If not, tell us about your groomzilla! I wouldn't consider myself a bridezilla, but I am planning and paying for everything almost by myself. 

7.  What are your hobbies? Reading, Knitting, watching movies, spending time laughing with my guy.

8.  Why a winter wedding?  Didn't want to compete with a bunch of other brides for vendors and wanted to be engaged for at least a year.
    Heather (the future Mrs. Hartsell) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1.  How old are you? 28... FI? 34
    2.  Where are you from?Butler, NJ.. FI?... Linden, NJ Where will the wedding be? North Haledon, NJ
    3.  What do you do?...Pharmacy Technician FI? music teacher
    4.  What are your wedding colors? red/silver with some gold here and there
    5.  How big is your wedding party? 5/5
    6. Be honest, are you a bridezilla, discuss.  If not, tell us about your groomzilla! Neither of us!  It actually scares me sometimes that both of us are so laid back.
    7.  What are your hobbies? knitting, diy-ing, really anything that may be done by an elderly woman
    8.  Why a winter wedding? FI works every weekend in the summer with a non-profit group so that nixed that and left the only other times being spring or winter breaks for school.  Spring break was a no because its never the same time every year (at least not in his district) and I didn't want a Christmas wedding so we decided MLK weekend would work just fine.  Plus I'm all for the winter wedding prices :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards