Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Bakery Suggestion

Getting married in Falmouth on Cape Cod, trying to locate a good bakery for our wedding cake that is reasonable and tastes yummy!  Any suggestions??

Re: Bakery Suggestion

• edited December 2011
    We used Delicious Desserts. I don't know if she is the cheapest (actually, pretty positive she is not) but our cake was beautiful and tasty and seemed to be about average pricewise. I didn't shop around though.
  • clage22clage22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Tammy Feldott. She owns The Scratch Cake bakery in Falmouth. She specializes in cupcakes, but does a wonderful job with cakes as well. She is VERY reasonably priced and her cakes are amazing. We went for a tasting and she had multiple options and was willing to do all of the decorative touches we were looking for. This is her website: http://www.thescratchcake.com/
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_bakery-suggestion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:94Discussion:ac40a2b0-06bc-4ac9-b51d-e1aa9dc88940Post:c647450a-1783-4500-96ba-55c9b5de6b86">Re: Bakery Suggestion</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Delicious Desserts. I don't know if she is the cheapest (actually, pretty positive she is not) but our cake was beautiful and tasty and seemed to be about average pricewise. I didn't shop around though.
    Posted by Karen's MOH[/QUOTE]
    THIS! Lisa was amazing to work with...I originally had Casual Gourmet (not quality taste wise) and was unhappy after the tasting. My venue called Lisa this past Friday and she said she could meet with us that day! She is a great person and really takes pride in her work! Her price was about the same as CG but the cake was amazing and she does YUMMY fillings! Our cake at CG  wasn't going to have any fillings because it was extra! We are doing a tier with chocolate that will have peanut butter cup filling and a tier of white cake with Oreo crunch filling!!! Call Lisa!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Michael's Creative Baking in Hyannis is very reasonable and tastes delicious!  It's a new owner and they do beautiful work!  I'm doing a white cake with buttercream and raspberry jam filling.
  • amylee545amylee545 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are using Casual Gourmet. They're a preferred vendor where we are getting  married at (Flying Bridge) and was easiest just to use them. I thought their cakes were delicious! And reasonably priced too! They've been fairly easy to work with... but I have had very little contact with them besides the cake tasting. 
  • nicunicu2002nicunicu2002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We too are getting married at TFB..are you doing sit down or the stations?
  • edited December 2011
    I love Pies A La Mode, which is right near the library next to Min's Kitchen in Falmouth - not certain they do wedding cakes, but they're a great bakery all around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards