New York-Western
Options

Vendor reviews!

Hi girls,
My wedding was last month and I figured I'd give you all my reviews of my vendors since I know previous reviews were helpful to me in my planning! Long story short I have nothing but fabulous things to say about all my vendors and would highly recommend any of them!!

Reception venue- Acqua (formerly Harry's harbour place grille)
This was one that really stressed me out because they changed over from Harry's to Acqua about 3 months before my wedding. Turns out all the worrying was for nothing as everything went flawlessly. John the banquet coordinator handled everything wonderfully and was there day of which was nice. He really took care of everything. The food was absolutely delicious and some guests told me it was the best wedding food they've ever had! They decorated the room exactly as I specified and they were incredibly easy to work with. true professionals.

Photographer- Mary Dougherty Photography
To hire Mary was probably one of the best decisions I made in wedding planning. Our engagement pics were beautiful so I knew I had made the right choice months before our wedding. She was super nice and helpful all throughout the planning process. She was forceful enough to get large groups of people organized for a picture, but was not obtrusive in any way. She is so creative and I know our pictures are going to absolutely amazing.

DJ- Premiere Sound
I can't say enough about Eric who was our DJ. He took great care of us all night, and kept us well informed of what was going to happen when. He moved the reception along so we had plenty of time to dance, which all of our guests did plenty of! He started with some older songs that the younger crowd could still dance through then later in the night switched to our must play songs. He played every one of our must plays and I thought it was excellent that he trusted our play list. The party was rocking all night, and everybody was raving about the music.

Flowers- Maureen's wholesale
The flowers were beautiful and the bouquets were so big, I couldn't believe how much I got for my money. We only had about a 15 minute consultation but everything was exactly how I envisioned it. Everything was on time and they were flexible about adding and removing pieces right up until the week of the wedding.

Limo-Mancuso Limousine
On time, clean limo, decorations, champagne, nothing more I could ask for. We had the 22 pasenger escalade. They took us to many, many locations, too.

Cake-Ohlsen's bakery
The cake was delicious and I heard rave reviews from all of our guests. The only complaint was they wished they could've gotten seconds! The cake was beautiful and the woman I worked with was super nice.

Dress shop-Heart to heart bridal
I can't say enough about this bridal shop. I live in Rochester, so even though my wedding was in buffalo I bought my dress at this shop just outside of Rochester. I've gotten bridesmaid dresses from there and had wonderful experiences so I knew with 100% certainty I would order my dress from them. I actually ordered a maggie sottero dress they didn't even have in their store just so I could have all my fittings with them. Bridesmaid dresses came from here too. They have a huge selection and the owner Janice does all her own alterations. She is a miracle worker with a sewing machine, I'll tell you that much. We all loved our dresses and I only wish I could keep shopping at heart to heart!

Hope this helps some of you ladies that are still planning! Good luck!!

Re: Vendor reviews!

• Options
    AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh yay about Harry's/Aqua! Mine's 4 months away know and I am still worried but always good to hear yours went well! :)

PS How big was your wedding? I'm working on layout since we have a big group.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding was around 170.... how funny that I so quickly forgot a number I obsessed over for so long! I know we had 21 tables though. John will go over your layout with you, they have a pretty good system in place and that's what we used. Traffic flowed smoothly the whole night.
  • Options
    That's really good :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've been working with Molly this whole time, and haven't met John. I wonder if they have 2 coordinators. But so far so good with Molly.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards