Hawaii

Thank you cards

Hi ladies,
Hope you're all having a great week!
I just want to check what the rest of you did or plan on doing when sending out thank you cards after your wedding!?! We are wondering if we send thank you cards to only those that gave us a gift or to all those that came to Maui with us with a gift or not. I'm leaning towards yes since spending all the money to join us in Maui is a gift in itself, but I'm just not 100% what the right etiquette is here.
Also I'd like to send out our thank you cards with a photo from our professional photographer ( Shawn Starr) but since I wont be getting his pics for another 2 months and would like to send out my cards sooner than later does anyone have any other suggestions for cute thank you cards? What did you all do for yours?
Thanks so much,
Lees
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thank you cards

• Or should I wait until I get my pics back from Shawn and then send out my cards...that will be 4 months after our wedding though....
  • I think it'd be a nice gesture to send all guests who attended, gift or no gift, a thank you card. Maybe ask your photographer for one or two edited photos to use for thank you cards, but the etiquette is you have up to a year to send a thank you card, but that seems like too much time to me. If your photographer isn't willing to send you a couple photos before they are due to you, maybe just wait if you really want to use one...? I definitely want to make the most of our wedding photos, so I'll be sending thank you cards with them... Hope that helps! :)
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think you should wait. Sending them out right away will make you feel better by getting it out of the way, and make the recipient feel great because they'll know how much you appreciate them.
    As to who to send the thank you cards to-- I would say everyone who went to Maui to be there with you and everyone who gave you gifts (if there was an at home reception). It costs quite a lot of money to travel that far and I'm sure they will be grateful that you acknowledged that their presence was their present :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •    I don't know about DW etiquette, so I'll preface my post with that incase there is a slight difference.  Regular wedding etiquette states that the reception is the thank you to the guests for coming, and the thank you card is for a gift, so if they don't give a gift, you don't need a thank you.  Many feel that by sending a TY note when a gift wasn't received gives the impression that you were (and possibly still are) expecting one to be sent.  
       That said, I think if you word it as a so glad you could make it to Hawaii and spend time with us, I've never seen TY's as poor etiquette.  I'd include photos if you can, as I always love receiving them, but I'd rather get TY's out faster.  People might think you're taking too long if you wait for photos to come in, depending on that time line.  

• Send a card to everyone that attends, regardless if they gave you a gift or not.  Send them now, without photos, unless as Diana suggests, you can contact Shawn to release 1 photo early for you to print.

If you're really set on sending out the photos, send an email with a link to the album later this year when the pictures are available, or include then in your end of year holiday cards when they are ready to go out.  I personally never keep printed photos and much prefer digital copies anyway.
  • We asked our photographer to send our thank you photo (we took one with thank you written in the sand) right away so we wouldn't have to wait on thank you cards. She had it to us a few days after she got back from Maui :)
  • We also asked for a few pictures from our photographer early and she was great about getting us what we wanted.  We sent thank you's to everyone who attended in Maui along with everyone who sent us gifts as well. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • I did thank you cards with our wedding logo. As we've gotten a gift, I've sent a card. I plan on sending those out to everyone that has given us a gift. We will be getting photo thank you cards done, too. Those I will send out to everyone who attends the wedding. I'm just going to wait until I have the photo cards to send them to everyone.
  • Ahh thanks so much for the replies;) Ok I'm definitely going to send everyone thank you cards...gift or no gift! Hubby is against emailing Shawn for a thank you photo since it says specifically on his website not too but I'm going to anyway lol! Hope I don't piss him off eek! If that doesn't work....I've also emailed the company who did our invitations for a quote!
    Regardless I'm going to get something out asap!
    Thanks again,
    Lees xx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards