Snarky Brides

63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?

So far I haven't had many issues with keeping my cool... I want everything to go right... but I know there might be times where I  might effing lose it.  I'd like to pretent it won't happen... but thats not very realistic, is it? Lol

My question is... for all of you that have already married - Do you remember a bridezilla moment?

For those of you that are still planning... Is there a situation that you are absolutely horrified that you might snap?

Sometimes my FMIL starts asking questions like "How will people know where the wedding is when they get there?" and it stresses me the F out.  It's kind of obvious... I'm having it on a resort at the top of a ski mountain which plainly states on our website and invites.  But I told her "I'm sure they will figure it out... but now its your job to make sure. lol"

Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?

• I stressed about a lot of stuff, but I only had two true bridezilla moments. One was right at the beginning when I threw a temper tantrum about hating every single venue in the world (luckily, it was at home, not in public), and one was on my wedding day when our florist screwed up the flowers.  I actually told my mother to "STOP FUCKING LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT GODDAMN IT!"  In a room full of people, including my photogs.  I was so embarrassed.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Nope. No bridezilla moments for me. My DH did a great job of helping me stay pretty well stress free.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I had a couple freak outs. The day before the wedding I went to our reception location (they cook everything downstairs) and when I was walking through the kitchen I found out the cake was barely even started yet and started bitching out the poor guy mixing the icing. The main guy wasnt there so I took it out on whoever was there. I also freaked out the next morning when we were setting up and found out the table clothes we rented were the wrong colour, so the reception owner offered to go drive them to the rental place and bring back the right ones for us, aaaaand he came back with square table clothes instead of round. By that point I was snapping at all of my family that was helping and finally stormed off to get my hair done. I dont think I was terrible, but it did happen.
  • Nothing yet, but as of yet all we've done is big stuff and it hasn't gotten really crazy yet. I've been planning long distance and when I get home it'll be a race to the finish line. I think what I'm most terrified of is saying something disparaging about or getting into an argument with my future in-laws (I love my FMIL, but have lots of moments when I can't stand FFIL and FI's grandma can push me over the edge sometimes too) under stress. Unfortunately, they're the kind of family that can blow things out of the water and hold a grudge. I have to try realllllly hard not to step on any toes between now and the wedding, especially since they've been so wonderful to me for the last 7 years. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had nothing realy. I was so relaxed before the wedding, we rented a house on the beach and I wanted to enjoy the whole week.

My MOH was another matter, but she was great the day of couldnt ask for a better person to help.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I remember getting upset about two things in particular: my dress (which was just a clusterfuck of a situation) and my mother-in-law adding people to the guest list after we'd already given the venue and caterer our final numbers.

The extra guests worked out OK, since we had a few no-shows, but the dress thing was pretty terrible. Less than a week out, my dress didn't fit and needed significant alterations; in a panic, I went and bought a $99 dress from David's Bridal just in case. I ended up wearing my original dress, but it really didn't fit properly and I still get pissed off when I look at pictures of myself in the dress. I didn't care about it the day of the wedding but I dislike a lot of my wedding pictures because of the dress situation.
  • I am about 75 days or so away and I haven't had any freak outs.  I have some dress regret, but I am accepting it since its not in the budget for a new one.
    imageVacation
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I had one truly bridezilla moment that I'm not proud of and wish I could go back in time and have a do-over.  Other than that I think I was remarkably calm, for me.

Although the morning of the wedding, while getting makeup and hair done, I found out that 12 people were bailing via text.  That sucked.  I wish I had given my phone to someone else to field the day-of stuff.

When you feel yourself start to go bridezilla, take a deep breath, and vent to your FI or someone you trust.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:389aff34-b9fa-4a0a-be4d-470c05533748">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : I picture your fmil in her mog dress twirling a giant arrow like those sign shakers for pizza places on the corner. That would be awesome. No moments of bsc yet, but I'm positive my mom will drag me over the edge with her at some point.
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

Haha if she keeps up with the questions like that she will be spinning a sign and much more, depending on what she stresses me out about. :)  I already told her that whoever asks questions like that will end up having that job assigned to them.  Thankfully she gets my sense of humor.
  • I had one meltdown. DH's groomswoman, his only attendant, was told that the wedding colors were purple, green and ivory.My sisters dresses were purple knee length dresses that we found at Ross, and she had pictures of them.  We told her she could wear whatever she wanted. I thought, being the style maven she is, that she would assume she should wear something that matched our colors, or black, and the general style of the wedding. Nope. She sent DH pictures of 2 floor length dresses, one teal and one RED and told him to choose between them. I was livid. Her dress (we went with teal, the lesser of 2 mismatched colors) and shoes cost more than mine. She had a total AW moment, and most of my friends noticed. I felt bad for my sisters for a while, being shown up by her, but then I felt sorry for her for having to be such an AW at her best friend's wedding. 

Its her turn this month. I almost want to find a bright orange dress with christmas lights on it, and bring Sparky in a bedazzled carrier, but I wont. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • LaBellaVita23LaBellaVita23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I nearly lost it on the place where my alterations were being done because they screwed up the time for my final fitting.  All my previous appointments had been at 7pm but I purposely scheduled my final fitting for 11am because my mom was going to be with me and I already had another appointment for the evening.  I showed up for the appointment and they told me I was wrong and had this horrible attitude with me.  Then preceeded to tell me they couldn't fit me in until my "correct" time because another bride was there and she was leaving for out of town and had to come first.

Thankfully my mom was there to calm me down and just shooed me out the door before I snapped.  She made me run the errands we needed to do and reminded me that it's not the end of the world.  Once we got home, I frantically searched for my appointment time card and sure enough, I was right and the place was wrong.  I was extremely tempted to bring the card with me to the appointment that night and be like "See bitches? I was right!" but I didn't.

I also had a meltdown over the shade of green for my linens.  But that was in private and my husband (then fiance) calmly explained that no one was going to notice if the shade didn't exactly match my bridesmaids dresses.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:9aa54ac6-9491-4929-9731-83aef7cb91f8">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had one meltdown. DH's groomswoman, his only attendant, was told that the wedding colors were purple, green and ivory.My sisters dresses were purple knee length dresses that we found at Ross, and she had pictures of them.  We told her she could wear whatever she wanted. I thought, being the style maven she is, that she would assume she should wear something that matched our colors, or black, and the general style of the wedding. Nope. She sent DH pictures of 2 floor length dresses, one teal and one RED and told him to choose between them. I was livid. Her dress (we went with teal, the lesser of 2 mismatched colors) and shoes cost more than mine. She had a total AW moment, and most of my friends noticed. I felt bad for my sisters for a while, being shown up by her, but then I felt sorry for her for having to be such an AW at her best friend's wedding. <strong> Its her turn this month. I almost want to find a bright orange dress with christmas lights on it, and bring Sparky in a bedazzled carrier, but I wont. </strong>
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]
    This made me chuckle!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I anticipate that I'll keep my calm all through the planning process, make it through most of the wedding day just fine, and then just as I think I've officially side stepped bridezilla territory, the DJ will play a song on my "Do not play" list and all of the pressure I've felt during the whole process will explode into a fit of rage.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had one meltdown.  I asked my sister to do something for me about a week before the wedding.  She waited until the last possible minute, couldn't get it done, and called me to say "Sorry, I couldn't do it.  I tried, though."  And the truth is that she did try, but I was SO ANGRY.  My husband had to come home from work early that day because I couldn't calm down. 

In the end, I took care of the situation the next morning and everything was fine.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:9aa54ac6-9491-4929-9731-83aef7cb91f8">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had one meltdown. DH's groomswoman, his only attendant, was told that the wedding colors were purple, green and ivory.My sisters dresses were purple knee length dresses that we found at Ross, and she had pictures of them.  We told her she could wear whatever she wanted. I thought, being the style maven she is, that she would assume she should wear something that matched our colors, or black, and the general style of the wedding. Nope. She sent DH pictures of 2 floor length dresses, one teal and one RED and told him to choose between them. I was livid. Her dress (we went with teal, the lesser of 2 mismatched colors) and shoes cost more than mine. She had a total AW moment, and most of my friends noticed. I felt bad for my sisters for a while, being shown up by her, but then I felt sorry for her for having to be such an AW at her best friend's wedding. <strong> Its her turn this month. I almost want to find a bright orange dress with christmas lights on it, and bring Sparky in a bedazzled carrier, but I wont. </strong>
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

This makes me chuckle.

No major bridezilla moments for me yet.  FI is a dear and helps out quite a bit, actually takes entire tasks and runs with them.  I have been learning to just sit back and relax and let him sweat the details.  We are DIY the entire setup/cleanup of the wedding with both our families/friends since it is a holiday.  We are at the location the entire week, so hopefully I can remain calm, cool, and collected as we decorate and setup. 
  • I had a couple:

1) Mom and dad wanted me to get married in our hometown in the catholic church. I was NOT interested. We got married in MSP in a lutheran church instead. She/they majorly soiled the beginning of my engagement with that BS.

2) People from H's side of the family not RSVPing at all and then us finding out a few days before that like 8 more people were coming that didn't let us know. They are known for being inconsiderate assholes, though. They showed up late to the wedding. H and I were really pissed off about it and we wanted to call them and tell them we couldn't accommodate them, but H's mom talked us out of it. fuuckers.
  • NebbNebb member
    A friend of mine that is getting married next month had that whole thing happen to her where she orders her wedding dress and the place goes out of business. LUCKILY her dad was able to track down the dress at the suppliers, but the bridesmaids and mom werent able to get theirs and had to buy them again. I cant even imagine keeping my cool through something ilke that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:52588e45-26e4-4391-a276-55eef1d61ae1">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A friend of mine that is getting married next month had that whole thing happen to her where she orders her wedding dress and the place goes out of business. LUCKILY her dad was able to track down the dress at the suppliers, but the bridesmaids and mom werent able to get theirs and had to buy them again. I cant even imagine keeping my cool through something ilke that.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I would lose it if something happened with my dress. I'm glad your friend was able to track her dress down. This makes me rethink NOT getting that part of the wedding insurance I'm looking at. I was all, "What are the odds that any of my vendors will go out of business?" Apparently, high enough.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:560dbf37-d726-4285-bddb-4b3f15126066">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : I would lose it if something happened with my dress. I'm glad your friend was able to track her dress down. This makes me rethink NOT getting that part of the wedding insurance I'm looking at. I was all, "What are the odds that any of my vendors will go out of business?" Apparently, high enough.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]
    Now a days, I guess you never can tell. The shop was the same place we got the bridesmaids dresses for my wedding and it was by far the nicest shop in town. To look at it, you wouldnt expect there to be issues.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:cee07f5c-ec9c-44b4-a129-754de539cfb0">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : Now a days, I guess you never can tell. The shop was the same place we got the bridesmaids dresses for my wedding and it was by far the nicest shop in town. To look at it, you wouldnt expect there to be issues.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

The place I got my dress is small and both times I went in there, there was only one other customer. Now I'm all nervous. Idk what I would do, even if I had the insurance and got the money back, I can't pull a new dress out of my ass... I guess I'd have to try to find a sample somewhere in a small enough size that I could get it altered to fit. Now I'll probably frantically worry about this for the next 6 months ;)
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    I had a meltdown 2 days before my wedding.  H was out at his bachelor party. It hadn't bothered me up until that point, but  I suddenly found myself very hurt that none of my BMs had planned a bachelorette party for me.  Which I know makes me a selfish biitch, but I couldn't help it at the time.  I unfairly took it out on my mom, and she and I ended up having a huge fight over the OOT bags (she wanted to make one for EVERY wedding guest, I just wanted to make them for the people who were from, you know...OOT).  It was not my best moment.  And I didn't admit to my mom what exactly  I was so upset about until the next morning, when she spilled the beans that my BMs actually DID have a surprise planned for me later that afternoon.  I felt like an enormous jerk. 

Edit for clarity: my mom spilled the beans after I finally told her what I was upset about, to make me feel better. 
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:b313c05d-90d5-4fc2-a7a1-69eb501dc540">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : The place I got my dress is small and both times I went in there, there was only one other customer. Now I'm all nervous. Idk what I would do, even if I had the insurance and got the money back, I can't pull a new dress out of my ass... I guess I'd have to try to find a sample somewhere in a small enough size that I could get it altered to fit. Now I'll probably frantically worry about this for the next 6 months ;)
    lol try not to. This shop was pretty big and quite busy every time I was in it. It was probably just poorly managed. I am almost positive your dress is just fine!
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:b313c05d-90d5-4fc2-a7a1-69eb501dc540">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : The place I got my dress is small and both times I went in there, there was only one other customer. Now I'm all nervous. Idk what I would do, even if I had the insurance and got the money back, I can't pull a new dress out of my ass... I guess I'd have to try to find a sample somewhere in a small enough size that I could get it altered to fit. <strong>Now I'll probably frantically worry about this for the next 6 months ;)</strong>

Don't do that to yourself.  There are tiny businesses that are still going strong, and really large ones that surprise everyone by going under.  In the very unlikely event that the unthinkable happens, you'll figure something out - for example, a friend of mine put her wedding together in about 3 weeks and she was able to buy off the rack from DB. 

• I wanted to mail my dress to Bermuda for our wedding.  The coordinator there said something like "Oh, what if something happened to it?  Then you couldn't get married!" 

Honest to god, my first thought was "Why not?"

Clearly, worrying about my dress was low.  Ha.  Don't stress too much, angel.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    I will admit that I had a dress meltdown.  When I went for my first fitting, it didn't fit and they had to let it out in the hips.  I was inconsolable, because I'd been working out and eating right and had actually lost weight from when they took my measurements, so I couldn't believe that it wasn't loose.  The consultant was very kind and made me feel a little better, and it worked out fine in the end, but that was a bad day.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:592d04a7-fca6-40aa-ae8a-5830ca2fcc40">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Similar thing happened the next summer too when I was a BM in my MOH's wedding. <strong>Different salon falsified documentation that our dresses had been ordered, and just continued the lie until 3 weeks before her wedding. </strong>They had actually only ordered in one of our 3 dresses, leaving her pregnant MOH and I to find brand new dresses with 3 weeks to go. Their customer service was horrid, and I have left them awful reviews everywhere imaginable.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>WTF? It probably took them more effort to falsify the documents than it would have to just order the dresses in the first place like they should have.</div><div>
    </div><div>Was anyone else shocked at the price of veils from bridal stores?  When I found my dress, they put a veil on me to see what it looked like with the dress.  I loved it and told my mom I wanted it.  Then we saw the price tag.  $800.  Yeah, no fucking way. </div>
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:6e9f4a2e-14b5-47f2-ade7-fc50fa36dcde">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : WTF? It probably took them more effort to falsify the documents than it would have to just order the dresses in the first place like they should have. <strong>Was anyone else shocked at the price of veils from bridal stores?</strong>  When I found my dress, they put a veil on me to see what it looked like with the dress.  I loved it and told my mom I wanted it.  Then we saw the price tag.  $800.  Yeah, no fucking way. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

Yes, and also the price of accessories.  I wanted a headband, and the ones in the bridal store were $150+.  I found mine on Etsy for $30.

• Ha, my husband and I were just talking about this today. 

I had a meltdown the week of the wedding. My ering had to be redipped and N took it to the jeweler, only the jeweler sends the rings out to the designer for all work that has to be done on it. I had JUST gotten them back (they have to custom fit the band to the ering, so it was in CA for a few weeks), so I was putting off having to send them out again and convincing myself that  somehow they could do it in store. When I found out N couldn't get it done, I freaked the eff out and screamed at him, told him he didn't love me, said I hated my ering, a bunch of shiit. I was driving like a maniac, screaming and crying. That must have looked interesting, lol.

The only other freak out I had was on the day of, when my MUA was over an hour (almost an hour and a half) late and then my florist came with pink and green flowers. They were supposed to be all pink and he had it written right in front of him. He ran to a nearby florist to get the floral spraypaint and fixed them, but there were chunks of green visible. I remember yelling, "OSCAR. PINK NOT GREEN. PINNNNKKK. I SEE GREEN." In hindsight, I should have just left the damn green, since the flowers didn't hold up too well after all the spraying and moving around.

N was a little groomzilla, too.  When we were talking about our HM, which my ILs offered to pay for, I asked if they were okay with Hawaii, since it's expensive. He was all, OH WELL, they better be. And when we were discussing the guest list, he said his friend was lucky to be invited :P  His biggest freakout was when his aunt asked to add his cousin's new BF to the guestlist. He pulled the "THE INVITATION SAID WHO WAS INVITED!" It ended up being no problem to accommodate and the guy was super nice.

All in all, we have a lot of hysterical moments to laugh about now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c9bcf3b0-ebd9-493e-aa7d-af56ff3064f4Post:6e9f4a2e-14b5-47f2-ade7-fc50fa36dcde">Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 63 days to go... When will BRIDEZILLA make an entrance? : WTF? It probably took them more effort to falsify the documents than it would have to just order the dresses in the first place like they should have. Was anyone else shocked at the price of veils from bridal stores?  When I found my dress, they put a veil on me to see what it looked like with the dress.  I loved it and told my mom I wanted it.  Then we saw the price tag.  $800.  Yeah, no fucking way. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

The veil I like is like $160, I think. $800 is INSANE. Is it a really long or elaborate veil? The one I like is fingertip and I think it just has some rhinestones on the eges that match the ones on my dress.. so maybe that's why it's pretty cheap. Although I still think $160 is a lot for something I only plan to wear for the ceremony and some pictures.
  • My mom tried to convince me to just buy the veil at Macy's that they had me try on with my dress. It was like $160. No. I got the same on on Etsy and she changed the length so that it would look better with my dress, for like $36.  My mom freaked me out about that for a while, too.

My mom kept on me about wearing a tiara, which I was dead set against, and she and the bridal lady tag teamed me and jabbed on on my head during a fitting. That was uncomfortable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards