August 2012 Weddings
Options

Coordinator for the day?

I am thinking about hiring a coordinator for the wedding day. Is anyone else doing this. If so how much is she charging? I am going to contact 2 this week and would like to know how much they should be charging. Thanks.
imageAnniversary

Re: Coordinator for the day?

• Options
    I have one - she's charging $300 and has been worth every penny thus far! 
    ---------- imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_coordinator-for-the-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:9590f25e-f6f8-4afc-b642-0f87d3300997Post:85f53410-085d-4e70-94fd-3937a2706a9a">Coordinator for the day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am thinking about hiring a coordinator for the wedding day. Is anyone else doing this. If so how much is she charging? I am going to contact 2 this week and would like to know how much they should be charging. Thanks.
    Posted by 20pearls16[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of hiring a 'day of' planner but my family insists that i don't need one since they are doing everything. The people I have found charge a little too much for day of services, but I still may hire one because there are things we aren't aware of that only planners know, even negotiating costs.
  • Options
    Our venue coordinator will be our day of. She does it all the time which is great. We were quoted $900 and up for a day of! Which is ridiculous. 
  • Options
    We have a day of coordinator at our venue.  These services were included in the venue price.
  • Options
    You will get a more accurate price on your local boards. If it gives you piece of mind it'll be worth it. I think they can be valuable for the right circumstances.
  • Options
    Our church & reception venue each have a "coordinator". I think we're paying the church coordinator $150, but that's required by the church. She'll also be there for the reception and she's helped us plan out the details of our ceremony, so it's been well worth it. Our venue coordinator was included in the price of the venue, and she's been wonderful so far. I'm certain that she's going to be great day of, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards