Jewish Weddings

2 Questions

1) On a ketubah do you include your grandparents' names after your parents (i.e. x ben y, a bat z?)  I am not at all fluent in Hebrew so I am going to have to trust the ketubah people to translate everything correctly.  Hopefully the rabbi can check their work!

2) If anyone is willing to share their wedding programs (ours will be a fairly traditional conservative wedding) it would be much appreciated as our wedding is in October and I want to get started on that project and I'm looking for ideas.  My email is jessie@satx.rr.com.  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 2 Questions

• LBRM_NJLBRM_NJ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  No, it's just your parents' names.
    2.  Sending it to you.  I had a traditional conservative wedding.
    Lisa
    The Knot lost my info, but, I've been married since 6/19/05!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    just sent you my program.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sent you mine, good luck
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed - just parents names.  Your rabbi will check everything out and if need be, will make the necessary changes, so I wouldn't worry too much.
  • edited December 2011
    Would any of you be willing to send me your programs as well? I've seen 2nd brides, but I might like to look at a few more before we finalize ours.

caraellen79 @ yahoo

Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sending my program to you 2.  Grandparents do not go on the Ketubah

HTHs!

ps I'm kind of obsessed with our programs, so if anyone else is interested in seeing it let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    Just to be picky:  Ketubahs aren't written in Hebrew.  They're in Aramaic.  So don't worry, almost NO ONE is fluent in the language of the Ketubah!  The Ketubah is the bride's document, though, and it's meant for you, as an affirmation of your husband's commitments to you, so you should have someone explain to you what it says (or read an English translation).
  • edited December 2011
    parker - thanks! I'll go take a look for it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your help.  I really appreciate it.  And zahava424, I realize it's in Aramaic and I've read the translation but I was just referring to our names at the bottom.  I don't think I could even write my name in Hebrew at this point (did not attend a high quality Hebrew school way back when)! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards