January 2012 Weddings

Baby fever, anyone?

I don't know what the heck is wrong with me?!.. I have NEVER wanted kids and DH and I agreed that we would have them anyway so the idea has been growing on me.  Since the wedding,  I've been thinking more and more about wanting babies!!!... I even took a test the other day and was kinda sad when it was negative.. WTF is wrong with me?  I used to think babies were gross little twat demons that couldn't wipe their owns butts.... haha, awful, I know!... anyone else feeling this way?

Re: Baby fever, anyone?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_baby-fever-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:0033a6c2-5e4f-43fc-b61f-9d5b117862aaPost:426798e4-f04c-4811-942c-af81e6edfe64">Baby fever, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know what the heck is wrong with me?!.. I have NEVER wanted kids and DH and I agreed that we would have them anyway so the idea has been growing on me.  Since the wedding,  I've been thinking more and more about wanting babies!!!...<strong> I even took a test the other day and was kinda sad when it was negative</strong>.. WTF is wrong with me?  I used to think babies were gross little twat demons that couldn't wipe their owns butts.... haha, awful, I know!... anyone else feeling this way?
    Posted by Rdh2MrsOMFS[/QUOTE]

This!!!! DH and I took a test while we were on our honeymoon and it came back negative. We were sad, but happy too. We want to wait at least until Oct when we'll be more ready financially, hopefully. In the meantime we are doing research into what we can better do to get us TTC ready. I'm learning acronyms! You should really look into What to Expect Before You're Expecting. I really like it so far. I'm on page 30 or so. Babies are the next step to growing our families and really solidifying our marriages.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Cool, thanks for the book rec... I will def look into it!!.. I think I read your post about that.  I'm sorry it was negative for you, but it will happen!!!!!! We definitely need to get a few things out of our system before we have a baby, but if we happen to get preggers before then, I won't be too upset!
  • Ben wants to at least be pregnant by the end of the year. I want a baby soon too but I'm also a little scared. I feel like we might not be able to handle having a baby yet. Not sure what would make me feel ready though.
  • I am also excited yet scared at the thought. I'm thinking that is perfectly normal. It looks like if all goes well we might be going through this together!
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_baby-fever-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:0033a6c2-5e4f-43fc-b61f-9d5b117862aaPost:fb6aeb75-d133-4836-bb99-dee4bcfb287f">Re: Baby fever, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE] It looks like if all goes well we might be going through this together!
    Posted by sassygirl5401[/QUOTE]
    That would be awesome! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_baby-fever-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:0033a6c2-5e4f-43fc-b61f-9d5b117862aaPost:078e8635-e869-4579-8125-96f034a62ba1">Re: Baby fever, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lord help us!  I am right on the train with you.  I am doing everything out of my mind to keep me away from baby stuff.  Sigh-anyone ready to start a club? We would call it babies anonymous.
    Posted by hippolover[/QUOTE]

I can help. I am so far away from anything relating to babies. I love them, but I don't want any for at LEAST 5 years. H and I actually talked about it the other week, and we said it wouldn't be the worst thing, but we still both want to wait a while. I was actually a little late, and I am not at all upset that I got it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards