2»

Re: Whos here?

• Options
    Nor had I.

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    I'm here.  We were cleaning because we have people coming over for brunch tomorrow but I broke the swiffer.  I suck.  I really need to go take a shower. 
  • Options
    It was beautiful. I am just so proud its here. I had never heard about the operation yellow ribbon either, I learn something new every day!!
  • Options
    Here also, at work...waiting for the clock to tick down so I can go have dranks with the FI and WoW...feel like I haven't seen him all week.   He brought me flowers today for our non-V-Day celebration.  I love him.  :-P
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:71d0c94c-cb40-405b-b783-5751d01008fePost:f72e4594-2e95-4f09-82ad-47014944e107">Re: Whos here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whos here? : I'm super excited. We sent a few veterans on the speedskating team, but there are also a lot of really young guys coming to their first Olympics, and I'm really hoping to see them tonight. It was pretty awesome being at Olympic trials and watching them realize they were going.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

I imagine it was still a bit bittersweet for your FI though?
  • Options
    I'm here! I had macaroni and cheese for dinner (the kraft kind, not the home made kind), and H and I exchanged chocolates early.  All from walgreens. And it's snowing, AGAIN.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    I'm here. I had a nasty headache all night last night and it's still taunting me. H and I are just putting together a shopping list to go and do the groceries. We're heading for drinks and bowling for a friend's birthday later tonight, which I'd totally bail on if it weren't for the fact that we paid in advance for bowling. 
  • Options
    Just got home from the gym.  We're waiting for our pizza to come.  I'm mad--FI tried ordering from our favorite pizza place for dinner, couldn't find their number so he went over there.  They have a sign on the door--"Closed until further notice."  WTF?  So now I hope this new pizza place doesn't suck.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:71d0c94c-cb40-405b-b783-5751d01008fePost:eaa65bef-f048-4623-9386-2416e8b501d6">Re: Whos here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whos here? : I imagine it was still a bit bittersweet for your FI though?
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

Sort of but not so much. We didn't go into the trials thinking he was going to make the team, so it's not like anything unexpected happened. We're hoping he makes a world team at some point in the next few years. That would be pretty cool.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:71d0c94c-cb40-405b-b783-5751d01008fePost:c65df350-34fc-41bf-abfd-85fad3dc8076">Re: Whos here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just got home from the gym.  We're waiting for our pizza to come.  I'm mad--FI tried ordering from our favorite pizza place for dinner, couldn't find their number so he went over there.  They have a sign on the door--"Closed until further notice."  WTF?  So now I hope this new pizza place doesn't suck.
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]
    That sucks!! Atleast this will give you a chance to try something new.
  • Options

Ahh brie, that does suck! I hate it when favourite food places close down. 

H made such fantastic pizza for dinner last night... and we have lots of leftovers for today, score. 

• Options
    I would seriously sell my own mother for some good Mongolian BBQ right now.  I haven't eaten all day.  Damnit. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:71d0c94c-cb40-405b-b783-5751d01008fePost:c65df350-34fc-41bf-abfd-85fad3dc8076">Re: Whos here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just got home from the gym.  We're waiting for our pizza to come.  I'm mad--FI tried ordering from our favorite pizza place for dinner, couldn't find their number so he went over there.  They have a sign on the door--"Closed until further notice."  WTF?  So now I hope this new pizza place doesn't suck.

I feel for you.  I'm a NYer stuck in Arkansas.  The pizza is pretty bad in general.

Nuggs - now I want Mongolian BBQ!  We haven't had it in ages and it's such a great meal!  *sigh*
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't know what it is.  The two pizza places we've liked since moving here have both closed! 

Also, I want to know why there is no women's Olympic ski jumping.  'Splain.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    Brie - I was inspired by your post and just ordered pizza from Domino's. Damn youuuuuu! <3

ETA: I had heard about there not being female ski jumping too. Here's an article that explains. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/11/no-female-ski-jumpers-aft_n_458186.html
  • Options
    Haha, gg, I was inspired by YOU and made Valentine's cupcakes last night!

The pizza isn't terrible.  Not great, but not bad either.

Sarah--what does the speedskating world make of Apolo Ohno?  He's obviously really good, but he just seems like such a skeeze with a big head in interviews.  Am I wrong?
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    And B just woke up and we decided on pizza so that we wouldn't have to leave.

NYPD Pizza (I gag at the name of the chain, but their pizza is the closest) ftw!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:71d0c94c-cb40-405b-b783-5751d01008fePost:9e2648e6-b283-4ead-9046-8ae12f54ca0d">Re: Whos here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whos here? : Sort of but not so much. We didn't go into the trials thinking he was going to make the team, so it's not like anything unexpected happened. We're hoping he makes a world team at some point in the next few years. That would be pretty cool.

That would be pretty cool.  Then, instead of being "Sarah#'s with the super smart brain and way hot FI/H" we'd get to add world reknown speed skater and all around awesome!
  • Options
    But why did the International Organization decide no women ski jumpers.  They've had them in the past.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:71d0c94c-cb40-405b-b783-5751d01008fePost:641b4723-9bd4-4b18-9ae0-dddb9cbd20ff">Re: Whos here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, gg, I was inspired by YOU and made Valentine's cupcakes last night! The pizza isn't terrible.  Not great, but not bad either. <strong>Sarah--what does the speedskating world make of Apolo Ohno?  He's obviously really good, but he just seems like such a skeeze with a big head in interviews.  Am I wrong?</strong>

I don't know Apolo at all, because he's a short tracker and he trains in Salt Lake - I only ever saw him once in my life and it was more like a celebrity sighting than anything else. So I don't really have any inside info on Apolo. But most speedskaters have a lot of respect for him. He's really talented, and he's been a good ambassador for the sport, what with winning DWTS and all, so often he's the only speedskater people can name when you bring up the sport in general conversation. I like him myself - I don't think the niceness is an act. He seems pretty genuine to me.

And there he is on the TV!
    imageimage
  • Options
    That's interesting, Sarah.  He rubs me the wrong way as kind of loving to mug for the camera, but at the same time I respect that he's really good at what he does and has been a good face for the sport.  Hmm.

Also, what happens to Mary Carillo in off years?  She reminds me of Sue Sylvester on Glee.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:71d0c94c-cb40-405b-b783-5751d01008fePost:4a22f33a-9d5d-4299-9e49-7755bfdc491b">Re: Whos here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>That's interesting, Sarah.  He rubs me the wrong way as kind of loving to mug for the camera, but at the same time I respect that he's really good at what he does and has been a good face for the sport.</strong>  Hmm. Also, what happens to Mary Carillo in off years?  She reminds me of Sue Sylvester on Glee.

It might be the soul patch. That definitely makes him look douchey. :)

Sad fact: For about a month when we were first dating, back during the 2006 Olympics, FI cultivated a "racing stripe" in Apolo's honor. I tried not to make fun of him about it too much, but boy was I glad when he got rid of it.

Why are they playing the Pirates of the Caribbean theme on the TV?
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:71d0c94c-cb40-405b-b783-5751d01008fePost:d9e84834-0a3e-45e9-93ea-1a6d4017b27c">Re: Whos here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whos here? : It might be the soul patch. That definitely makes him look douchey. :) Sad fact: For about a month when we were first dating, back during the 2006 Olympics, FI cultivated a "racing stripe" in Apolo's honor. I tried not to make fun of him about it too much, but boy was I glad when he got rid of it. <strong>Why are they playing the Pirates of the Caribbean theme on the TV?</strong>

Awesomeness factor. Clearly.
  • Options
    I'm here!  Getting shivers from the new We are the World song.  I am the ULTIMATE Olympic softie.
  • Options
    The Olympics steals everyone else's music.  It's fun trying to pick everything out.

• Options
    I want to know how Vince Vaughn got invited to the We Are The World party, when everyone else there was pretty much a musician.  Also, it is just hilarious to see some of those musicians in the same room together.  Lil' Wayne and Celine Dion collaboration?  Yes please.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hahaha, I'm sure Weezy enjoyed that, his last chance to hobnob with anybody famous before he goes into the slammer!
  • Options
    I think I saw Jeff Bridges in there too. Kinda looked like he didn't know the words.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards