Snarky Brides

Good Morning

Morning! I'm working QC today so while the workload isn't as stressful as far as production demands, I'm betting my computer crashes about 15 times. These computers hate our network.

Today H and his friend are getting an award from this school they volunteer at. They didn't send the info for the dinner though so we have no idea what time it is or where it's being held. So, we're not sure yet if we're going but I hope we can. I'm proud of H and happy that his work is being recognized.

This guy at work is driving me insane. Both days this week and all of last when I got in he literally popped up from his desk, loudly said good morning, and then said, "You can't beat me to work anymore, can you!" WTF, dude. I'm not competing with you to see who gets in first. Then I got up earlier to go get a drink and he asked where I was going. Um, mind your own business.

Re: Good Morning

• Morning Sesh, congrats to Mr. Sesh.  Very cool.
  • Morning! I am so tired this morning. It might be a two-cups-of-coffee kind of day.

Sesh - that guy would so be getting the death stare from me. Or I'd tell him ridiculous things to confuse him like "Well, I would have driven faster but the flux capacitor on my Delorean is broken" and then go on a tirade about how you need more Libyan plutonium because you're not reaching the necessary 1.21 gigawatts needed to fuel your commute.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Morning, all! Congrats to your H, Sesh! It feels good to be recognized for hard work - you must be really pleased for him.

I'm still dealing with a never-ending vet saga with Eli, so this week is dragging by. I think I'm going to go to work a bit early and treat myself to a McDonald's breakfast. I just need something bad and fatty to get this day going.

• Megh, I don't think I can think that clearly in the morning. My response today was, "I don't care to get here any earlier." He just laughed.

Good luck at the vet, sept. Eli is still sick? And yes, I'm happy for H. What I like most is that the award is for doing something he loves so it's a good push to continue with it (native gardening, aquaculture, etc).

• Morning! I am off to work shortly to deal with some patient stuff. Then I have to be at the courthouse at 11 to sit on the jury. I will likely need coffee at lunchtime to stay awake through that.

Someone mentioned in the night thread that they sat on a jury for a child molestation case. I don't think I could have handled that. They actually ask during the jury selection process if you were unable to view the trial impartially because of the nature of the crime. If it had been child molestation or animal abuse I would have stood my ass up. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good Morning!

BF and I got into a tiff this morning on our way in.  For some reason, the man does not understand that it doesn't matter that the apartment thermostat is set to 65, after a hot shower and blow drying my hair, I'm sweating in the summer.  It happened to be nice and cool out this morning, so I was anxious to get out of the house, but he was dragging his feet.  We did end up at work like 45 min early though, which is really nice.

Sesh, I probably would have death stared the guy or punched him in the nose.  Don't poke your head over the wall and patronize me early in the morning.  You will get injured.

Sept, I'm sorry about Eli.  I hope everything works out.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    There is a guy at my office who doesnt have keys. He gets to work at generally 8:40 everyday and then just sits in the lobby waiting for someone. He is ALWAYS there before anyone else, unless someone goes in rediculously early. I sorta have to wonder why he doesnt just leave his house 5-10 minutes later everyday cause its not like getting there early is benefiting him in any way? I find that strange.

The temperature finally dropped yesterday evening and we were able to open all the windows again. That heat was just bizarre and i didnt like it!! Im happy with the high teens/low 20s we are forcasted for the next few days.
  • Congrats to mr Sesh! Oh and I totally love getting to work before my co worker lol. But he takes two hour lunches and generally sucks. Morning y'all.
    panther
  • Omg Donald trump still has speculations about obamas birth certificate? Ffs. I give up.
    panther
  • I used to like getting to work early because no one bothered me. Now I get an early morning reminder every day as to why I don't like people.

I'm going through these sites to edit them and I'm amazed at how many people do stuff wrong. For headlines, all you do is write the keyword, city, and state. Nothing else. These people are adding in extra words, leaving out the cities. So frustrating. Do your damn job right.

AATB, what does he do for 2 hours every day? I'd be so bored. That's way too long a lunch.
  • AATB - I love your wedding pictures.  Love them.
    I french with my man
  • Morning! Someone in my office always starts the decaf pot first, and I beat them today to start a caffienated roast. haha, Mr. Decaf!

I spent way too much on dinner last night and feel guilty about it. H and I are never going to get in balance, money wise. blah
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • He has to pick up his wife who doesn't drive. Doesn't normally bother me except on days he rides his motorcycle because then be has to drive home, get his car, pick her up, and he gets his motorcycle again before coming back. He is so proud of that bike and it's a pile of crap. Their son drives and isn't in school now. I dunno. It's not that big of a deal but it still bugs me because he always tells me all the boring details. And I'm always working for him for some dumb reason, like because he has to bring Gatorade to his sons football game six hours early. Wtf.
    panther
  • Thanks peek! I am still waiting for my picture disc lol.
    panther
  • Good morning!  I'm on the front porch watching two squirrels fight on my neighbors roof. It's like Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

My dog got me up at 4am. He was fussing, so I took him out thinking that he had to tinkle or something. No, he wanted to play with a frog that he toys with every evening.

If the frog isn't in the grass, he will puck up the frog with his mouth, carry it into the grass then proceed to chase it back onto the patio. Rinse and repeat.

It's normally pretty cute, but not at 4 a.m.

• Morning.  I have so much to do today and zero motivation.  I'd rather be almost anywhere else than work.

We're going to get Beryl'd on all day today.  It was like bumper cars on my way to work this morning.  Extra points for hitting bridges.
  • Ha, that sounds adorable, lizzie. You need video of it.

• How bad is it so far, pirate? We are still getting some rain from Beryl but the sun was out for a bit earlier, so that's a good sign.
  • Can't you like...do something about that?  It would be driving me crazy.

When I grow up, I want to look like AATB.
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-250?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:71a747d5-80c9-464f-b1ea-b2c861c17c24Post:707231f3-e376-443d-93e1-9c859b0afa95">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning.  I have so much to do today and zero motivation.  I'd rather be almost anywhere else than work. We're going to get Beryl'd on all day today.  It was like bumper cars on my way to work this morning.  Extra points for hitting bridges.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Beryl is turning out to be a PITA.</div><div>
    </div><div>We could use a mild Beryl here...both for the rain, but also because the back fence needs to be replaced.  I'm hoping that a nice Cat 1 will knock it down so that homeowners coverage will kick in. Is that terrible?

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-250?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:71a747d5-80c9-464f-b1ea-b2c861c17c24Post:34127d27-57bb-450e-b1a9-cf9279fb557e">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha, that sounds adorable, lizzie. You need video of it.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Sadly,  didn't even think of that! I will have to do one this evening. Thanks for the idea.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-250?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:71a747d5-80c9-464f-b1ea-b2c861c17c24Post:ce6ff700-7856-4306-95d6-d51d7e060488">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]How bad is it so far, pirate? We are still getting some rain from Beryl but the sun was out for a bit earlier, so that's a good sign.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't think it was that bad at all...it was kind of windy last night some and then started raining early this morning.  Then there was a tree down in my neighborhood...so I guess it's worse than I thought.

We're really just starting to get it.

ETA: <a href="http://www.wral.com/weather/video/1068935/#/vid1068935" rel="nofollow">http://www.wral.com/weather/video/1068935/#/vid1068935</a>
  • morning.
    that's all I've got
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Morning, we were supposed to get some nasty weather yesterday but it went north by a little bit and completely missed us.  I swear where I live is in a special little bubble because we rarely get anything.  

I got into work before 8 today to start an experiment that needs to sit for 6 hours before I can do anything else.  Also, I need to hunt down people from HR at the medical center.  I'm supposed to start there on Monday (our lab is moving) and they still haven't given me an application to fill out AND they have to have the job posted for a certain amount of time to deem it official.  Well great, but this should have been done like 3 weeks ago.  
  • Uggghh, I keep forgetting it's my friend's baby shower on Saturday. I've got a concert Friday night and then I'm getting tattooed Saturday night, so I kinda overlooked that her shower is Saturday at 2pm. I'm the bad friend that scrambled over to her registry three days before the party lol. They're my friends that went through years of trying and finally got pregnant (with twins!) through IVF in November.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • NebbNebb member
    We live in a wather bubble too and storms always break up or veer around us. I got so mad about it yesterday that I screenshotted the radar to express my rage on fb. Its in an album called "weather in niagara is STUPID" cause it literally happens everytime there is a storm. We don't get weather.
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    Morning!

Pirate we are getting poured on down here too.  Lucy did NOT like going out potty.  She dug her feet into the ground and refused to go for her walk.  I finally gave up and took her inside, thinking I would wait a few minutes to see if it lightened up at all.  She immediately ran into the dining room and started to poop.  Argh.  So I dragged her back outside with a big umbrella and she just kept trying to drag me back in again.  She finally finished outside when she realized that she wasn't going back in until she did, but damn.  If she went outside as fast as she tried to go in the dining room, she wouldn't have been stuck in the rain for so long.  She looked so pitiful, poor thing 
  • Omg. That was the worst commute I've had in a while. There's a huge bridge that was closed for a while this morning for a car fire, so naturally the traffic ended up taking the smaller regional highway that I need to use in the morning. I sat for nearly an hour in traffic and then hit the main highway. My half hour commute took an hour and 15 minutes. Yech. I know that's still not bad for a lot of people, but it did make me sulk a bit. ;)

Sesh - Eli is still struggling. The vet food is probably helping, but he doesn't like it, so he's not really eating enough of it to make a noticeable difference. The meds he's on are keeping things going (he's even on Xanax, which has the side-effect of stimulating his appetite a bit) but I'm not seeing a real improvement. More like I'm not seeing him regress, so I don't know quite what to make of it. Bah.

And I would like some of your rain from Beryl, please. Anyone can send it - I'm not picky. Just the rain - not torrential downpours and no gale-force winds or anything. Some rain would be awesome so that I can get out of watering the plants tonight. ;)
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-250?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:71a747d5-80c9-464f-b1ea-b2c861c17c24Post:c7046e49-e9f6-4750-b777-1d165dc20060">Re:Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]We live in a wather bubble too and storms always break up or veer around us. I got so mad about it yesterday that I screenshotted the radar to express my rage on fb. Its in an album called "weather in niagara is STUPID" cause it literally happens everytime there is a storm. We don't get weather.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>This is funny.  I have relatives that live in the Falls and they don't get anything.  Sure, some thunder and lightning but then suddenly it just whizzes by before anything really interesting happens.  </div>
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:Good Morning:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Good Morning:We live in a wather bubble too and storms always break up or veer around us. I got so mad about it yesterday that I screenshotted the radar to express my rage on fb. Its in an album called "weather in niagara is STUPID" cause it literally happens everytime there is a storm. We don't get weather.Posted by NebbThis is funny. nbsp;I have relatives that live in the Falls and they don't get anything. nbsp;Sure, some thunder and lightning but then suddenly it just whizzes by before anything really interesting happens. nbsp; Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure if lits caused by lake erie, or by the niagara escarpment, but something in my area is causing it. It is absolutely bizarre. A friend of mine at work is really into weather too and we are convinced we just don't get weather anymore.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards