Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Dark Undereyes

I've had dark undereyes my whole life and nothing I try helps. I've used lots of different cover ups and even bought eye primer from sephora to put under the coverup and it still doesn't work. It's either too thin or it creases. I'm getting married in VT and there aren't many options for makeup artists (that aren't really expensive), so I want to do my own makeup. My dark undereyes are my only hold up. Any suggestions?

Re: Dark Undereyes

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mabeline Instant Age Rewind Eye Brightener click .  I've used coverups, foundations, etc. but this has been my consistent favorite (the price helps too).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_dark-undereyes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:ce33b292-17a3-4595-b5a7-e9ee784790b2Post:0e9f6eca-df53-4857-bcbc-64d1807ecb80">Re: Dark Undereyes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mabeline Instant Age Rewind Eye Brightener  click  .  I've used coverups, foundations, etc. but this has been my consistent favorite (the price helps too).
    Posted by freebread03[/QUOTE]

This is what I use as well and I really like it, especially since I am older, it doesn't tend to settle in the fine lines.

The Yves St. Laurent Touche Eclat also comes highly recommended here--but I think it is more of a highlighter than a concealer.
  • Try a base primer or concealer that is colored to counteract the dark circles-I don't recall for certain which color counteracts, maybe yellow?  Someone at the sephora or ulta can tell you for certain.  Layer that under your skintone concealer or foundation.
  • You want a peach or yellow undertone to counteract the blue/purple of the dark circles.

Benefit makes a great product called Erase Paste which is very creamy and nice for your eye area. 

I think your best bet is to head over to Sephora and see if someone can help you find what you're looking for. Test out a bunch. Make Up Forever has some great concealers, so does Smashbox. I think a lot of people like the Bobbi Brown ones too. Look for words like full coverage. Try using a brush, sponge, or your finger and see what works best for your skin. 

There are also a lot of youtube tutorials that could give you ideas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Sephora actually recommended I use GinZing by Origins - LOVE IT. My eyes are visibly brighter after using it on my circles. I put it on as the "moisturizer" step for under my eyes, then use primer and foundation after it has absorbed.

I've tried a LOT of products to diminish my circles and this was the first one I will continue to use as a solution to them.
  • Bobbi Brown makes an excellent creamy undereye concealer. I have used it for my naturally dark circles for years now and literally won't leave the house without at least that on. I swear by it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mcda04mcda04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I've heard of green tea bags over your eyes a few times a week.
  • Clinique's All About Eyes- Rich cream all but erased my darkness.  I would recommend an eye cream over a longer period, and a good concealer in the meantime.  Mary Kay's concealer is really great, as is Clinique's.  I did not care for Smashbox's concealer at all, and I've also used the Benefit brand concealer.  
  • Hi there, 

I would highly recommend trying the Indulging soothing eye gel from Mary Kay. It is an amazing product that will help fight the undereye circles and puffiness. I have used it for years and absolutely love it!  The undereye area is the only area on our body that does not produce its own moisture and that is often why we have dark circles and/or dryness in that area.

"Contains botanical extracts reported to tone, firm and reduce the appearance of puffiness around the sensitive eye area.

• Calms, cools and refreshes a tired-looking appearance.
    • Increases skin moisturization.
    • Can be used as a leave-on gel.
    • Clinically tested for skin irritancy and allergy.
    • Dermatologist-tested; fragrance-free.
    • Key Ingredients

• Green Tea Extract is a soothing agent known for its calming properties. It’s also an antioxidant which is included in products to help protect skin from the effects of free radicals generated by the environment.
      • Cucumber Extract is a soothing agent known for its calming properties.
      • Dog Rose Fruit Extract is a conditioner that improves the appearance of skin and helps it look softer and smoother. "
    Mary Kay has a 100% money back guarantee, so if you bought it and didn't like it, you could return it, no strings attached. I am a consultant and would love to answer any other questions you might have. www.marykay.com/kingj or kingj@marykay.com 

Hope this helps!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards