Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Anyone useing/used Ron Wood Photography

Just wondering if anyone has used or is using Ron Wood Photography?  There isn't a profile on them in the local vendors and just wanted some real feedback!  Thanks!

Re: Anyone useing/used Ron Wood Photography

• Options
    mhard10mhard10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have had several friends use him that have been very happy with his work. I wanted to use him but he was well outside my price range. Apparently he has increased his packages over the past few years. But I love all of my friends pictures! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are looking into using him! He seems really good! We need to set up an appt to meet with him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

A friend who was married this year used him. I personally was not impressed with his pictures for what he charges. They did take like 1700 pics during the day but I just thought they were average. They took most of them outside on a very sunny day. Everyone had squinty eyes and was sweating. Nothing really exceptional in my opinion. Another friend who got married around the same time used a much cheaper photographer (not sure of the name but like 1/4 of the cost) and I thought her pictures were really unique and pretty. They also were taken at the same location for pre-wedding pics (this photographer did photos in other areas of the park and in more shady areas then Ron Wood) and reception as the friend who used Ron Wood.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    mhard10  - do you know what photography you're going with?  Ive had trouble finding photographers that are cheaper then him for what I want...
  • Options
    mhard10mhard10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Adrienne Beth Photography (http://www.adriennebethphotography.com/Blog/) She has been used by several girls on this board and she has had amazing reviews from them. I have not had any e-pics with her yet but I can't wait to have her take ours! Her pricing is fantastic too. When I booked with her It was something like $850 for unlimited hours/pictures/loactions and includes e-pics as well as full rights to all pictures. Let me know if you have any other questions! Afloggie and Amanda6033 used her as well. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have booked him for my October 16.  I got one videographer for 6 hours and 2 photogs for 10-12 hours for $2199.  I get the CD will all the rights, but no albums.  I liked my engagement pics so I hope the wedding ones turn out great. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my sister went with ron wood and i was pretty impressed with them.  There were 3 people shooting and they were very helpful, and it was a BIG bridal party.

She got the video too, and it was nice but there was no artistic quality and they can only use a few songs that are royalty free which was dissappointing.  But overall it is a GREAT deal if you just want a video to commemorate the day.  Just don't espect the tear jerking montages and photojournalism that the more expensive/artistic people offer. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Ron Wood, but Angela Sampson is our main photographer.  We just had our e-pics last week, and I love them, and she is awesome to work with.  We're not doing the video/photography package, but I'm pretty happy with the package we do have--it includes a book or two, prints, and all the rights. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am very disappointed with my experience with Ron Wood Photography. While the pictures taken were beautiful, I have had soooo many problems. I have been married over a year now and still have not received my printed pictures I was promised and my wedding album has the same photo TWICE on one page!! I have called him numerous times (over 20 times!!) and he never calls me back.  I would hate for any other brides to have their most special day ruined by this photographer. DONT USE RON WOOD!!!!!
  • Options
     Ron is Simply amazing he just did our wedding on Saturday!! Him  and his team did a fantastic job photographing our wedding!! My husband and I couldnt be happier, we LOVE all of our pictures! Ron was always in the right place at the right time to catch all of those perfect moments throughout the night! I would recommend Ron to ANY bride!! You wont be dissapointed!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards