Illinois-Chicago
Options

MOH and MOM are in town this weekend - DRESS HUNT PART 1

Hello!  I wrote a post several weeks ago about my newfound home of Chicago (I am originally from Kentucky) and how my main ladies will be here for wedding dress shopping very soon.  I can't believe almost 2 months have passed and they'll be here this weekend!!!!

Ok, I know shopping in Chicago is nuts with the taxes, but my MOH (little sis) and my Mom are wanting to stick to the city for "dress hunt part 1."  Does anyone have suggestions on where to go?  I am DEFINITELY on a budget but I'm also not looking for anything that resembles the Vegas strip, so hopefully there's a shop or two out there that can accommodate!!

Any suggestions are much appreciated!!!

Re: MOH and MOM are in town this weekend - DRESS HUNT PART 1

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Macy's Bridal Salon and their dresses start at $1200.  I really enjoyed my visit there and they have a lot of dresses
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Weddings 826 in Lincoln Park.  I didn't actually go there but a friend of mine just bought a dress there and RAVED about it.  It's a sample store, so most of their dresses will be between a size 8-12. 

Also, I would highly recommend avoiding the HOB on Franklin.  I just got a bridesmaid dress there for a friend's wedding and have had an awful experience dealing with them. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One other thing to note: I know a lot of bridal salons around here require appointments, so I would call ASAP to try to get something for the weekend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Quick tip:  You don't have to pay tax on your dress if you buy it in Chicago, but have it shipped out of state.  My dress is being shipped to MIL's house in Ohio, and it saved us about $900.
    image **Married 7/9/11**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards