Getting in Shape
Options

This is a huge problem to me!

So i've been struggling to lose weight but my techniques are not working can any one give me any clues on how is a good way to lose these extra unwanted pounds thank you!

Re: This is a huge problem to me!

• Options
    edited May 2011
    So i've been struggling to lose weight but my techniques are not working can any one give me any clues on how is a good way to lose these extra unwanted pounds thank you!
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2011
    There is a Getting in Shape board over to the left that I'm sure has some tips to help.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_this-huge-problem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:1c4c7c61-e6d8-4306-9c7c-ef2f67dccaa7Post:ed4a31b5-2262-4378-85a4-150b45c96e85">Re: This is a huge problem to me!</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a Getting in Shape board over to the left that I'm sure has some tips to help.
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]
    Thank you!! I must have mised that one!<div>Is there a way i can move this post to that category?</div>
  • Options
    Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I suggest reading the sticky titled "new posters read this first" on that board then ask if you have more specific questions.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_this-huge-problem-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4a8cd511-30a8-4296-9cf5-dd1f5b4b44e3Post:0bd3ea3d-843b-47e8-a517-1a08d76c8b7a">This is a huge problem to me!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So i've been struggling to lose weight but my techniques are not working can any one give me any clues on how is a good way to lose these extra unwanted pounds thank you!
    Posted by iloveguero09[/QUOTE]

Hi!  Welcome to the board!

There are tons of methods that work differently for different people.

Could you tell us a little bit about the techniques you are using currently?  How many pounds are you trying to lose?  What have you lost so far? What does your average daily food intake look like? What are you doing for exercise?  Then perhaps someone can help you tweak your plan to make it effective.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_this-huge-problem-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4a8cd511-30a8-4296-9cf5-dd1f5b4b44e3Post:d8b6c236-0789-44c8-956c-f0787cf04ef1">Re: This is a huge problem to me!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to This is a huge problem to me! : Hi!  Welcome to the board! There are tons of methods that work differently for different people. Could you tell us a little bit about the techniques you are using currently?  How many pounds are you trying to lose?  What have you lost so far? What does your average daily food intake look like? What are you doing for exercise?  Then perhaps someone can help you tweak your plan to make it effective.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]
    Im trying to lose approximately 35 to 40 im at 191 from the last time i weghed my self. i walk not that much though. Im eating more fruits. And ive been losing and gaining them right back.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_this-huge-problem-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4a8cd511-30a8-4296-9cf5-dd1f5b4b44e3Post:741987be-99ff-44e0-a34b-f1e8653efdd9">Re: This is a huge problem to me!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is a huge problem to me! : Im trying to lose approximately 35 to 40 im at 191 from the last time i weghed my self. i walk <strong>not that much though</strong>. Im eating more fruits. And ive been losing and gaining them right back.

Consistency is your friend.  I would make it a point to schedule physical activity in my routine 4-6 times a week.  Also, you mentioned that you're eating more fruits but nothing else about your overall calorie consumption.  I would sign up at a free site like spark people or my fitness pal and start logging your meals and exercise.  It keeps you honest and you can get a feel for the patterns that might be preventing you from losing weight.

Good luck!

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_this-huge-problem-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4a8cd511-30a8-4296-9cf5-dd1f5b4b44e3Post:c75d6869-3ea9-40e7-88f1-ccb7558e51fc">Re: This is a huge problem to me!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is a huge problem to me! : Consistency is your friend.  I would make it a point to schedule physical activity in my routine 4-6 times a week.  Also, you mentioned that you're eating more fruits but nothing else about your overall calorie consumption.  I would sign up at a free site like spark people or my fitness pal and start logging your meals and exercise.  It keeps you honest and you can get a feel for the patterns that might be preventing you from losing weight. Good luck!
    Posted by sherrbearr22[/QUOTE]

Excellent suggestion!  Spark People has definitely been a huge help to me.

OP:
    Good job eating more fruits!  Try adding more vegetables too and be careful of convenience foods that often have tons of sodium and hidden junk.

You said you weren't walking much.  I hate to break it to you, but frequent exercise and a healthy diet is the simplest way to get healthy and lose weight.  How many calories are you currently eating per day?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_this-huge-problem-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4a8cd511-30a8-4296-9cf5-dd1f5b4b44e3Post:4b2887de-51ab-4d42-9bef-608228b3d7ff">Re: This is a huge problem to me!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is a huge problem to me! : Excellent suggestion!  Spark People has definitely been a huge help to me. OP: Good job eating more fruits!  Try adding more vegetables too and be careful of convenience foods that often have tons of sodium and hidden junk. You said you weren't walking much.  I hate to break it to you, but frequent exercise and a healthy diet is the simplest way to get healthy and lose weight.  How many calories are you currently eating per day?
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]
    idk i know way more than i need!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_this-huge-problem-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4a8cd511-30a8-4296-9cf5-dd1f5b4b44e3Post:fa262393-b5cd-4b6d-9458-8cb5461ff6e2">Re: This is a huge problem to me!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is a huge problem to me! : idk i know way more than i need!

If you don't even know whether you're putting 1200 or 2600 calories in your body.. yeah.  You've got a problem.

Hop onto SparkPeople.com or another such site, track you calories for a few days and then come on back with the results.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards