Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Vendor Review

Hi everyone.  I got married this past Sunday, October 9th.  We could not have had a better day.  The only downfall was that the day went by so quickly. 

We could not have done it without our vendors.  They truly brought our vision to life.

Venue - Blissful Meadows Golf Club in Uxbridge, MA.  You will not find a better rustic venue with impeccable service, mouth-waterting food, and beautiful scenery.  The venue is a restored barn with the original chestnut wood and is listed in the historic building registry.  The entire staff was amazing.  They went above and beyond for us. We ate in the tavern each time we had an appointment and everyone there - the bartender and the club members remembered us.  The food is to die for and their prices are lower than other venues. 

Lucille's Floral Designs - Uxbridge, MA.  I met with Lucille to discuss wedding flowers.  After meeting with her for an hour, I knew she was going to create amazing centerpieces and beautiful floral arrangements for the bridal party.  We were not disappointed.  I selected flowers I liked instead of doing what I have seen my friends to.  I chose alstromeria, mini green hydrangea, roses, hypericum berries in rich fall colors.  I was speechless when I saw the flowers.  My mother was paying for the flowers so I wanted to keep costs down.  Lucille is proof that you can have beautiful flowers at low cost.  She works with Geri - who is just as wonderful. 

I wish you all luck in your planning!

Carrie

Heather LaPlante - Specialty Wedding Cakes: Mendon, MA.  Heather is a true artist.  She met with my now husband and worked with us to create our cake.  We spent 2 hours with her and were blown away by how beautiful her cakes are and how delicious they taste.  We chose 2 flavors; Dulce de Leche and Apple Cider Spice.  We received compliments all evening on our cake. 

Make-up - Makeovers by Ligia.  I found Ligia on weddingchannel.com.  I had my trial and loved my make-up.  I was in awe of how beautiful I looked on my wedding day.  I looked absolutely flawless as did my mother and bridal party.  She offers traditional make-up and airbrush and will come to you.  Love her.

Hair - Gina Joubert.  Gina is an amazing hairstylist and person.  She has a vibrant personality and loves what she does.  At my trial I showed her a hairstyle I had in mind and she went with it.  My hair was perfect on my wedding day.  My bridesmaids were telling me how beautiful my hair looked.  I do not typically wear my hair up because I do not like it, but Gina made it work for me.  I cannot say enough good thinks about her.  She was able to style my 6 bridesmaids hair, my mother and myself in 4 hours.  She is a pro. 

DJ - Alfred Travieso from Cranston, RI.  Alfred has a similar personality to my husband and we really liked him.  He is personable, organized and listens to what you want.  He had all of our guests dancing - even my father (well, only for slow songs, but if you know my father, that was no easy feat).  He was a radio DJ and knows how to work a crowd.  He always brings an assistant so he can "be in 2 places at once."  He will send his assistant to you to ask when you want to do a certain dance or to get permission to play a song a guest requested if he thinks you may not want it played.  And, he charges less than half what Boston area DJs charge.  I hope to use him again in the future.

Videography Vanessa Gallant Productions.  Vanessa was amazing.  Some videographers insert themselves in the way to get great video - that is not Vanessa.  She was able to get the shots she wanted without being obtrustive.  We let her know of the "surprises" we had throughout the night and she made sure to capture those moments.  We are looking forward to seeing our wedding video. 

Photographer - Joshua Paul King Photographer.  Josh is a friend who took up photography.  He is fairly new to the business but has understudied for over 1 year.  He took incredible photos  and worked well with the younger members of our bridal party.  He is very thorough and will always ask for your input.  He posted some of our photos on facebook (he posted 19 photos and I cannot wait to see the rest!)..  He also has his own website: photo.joshuapaulking.com.  We are the Lathrop/Russo wedding. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
157 image Invited guests
73image Will be celebrating with us!
81 image Would rather look at our wedding photo album and/or video
3 image Making me wait

RSVP Date September 18, 2011

Re: Vendor Review

• Options
    edited December 2011

I forgot one vendor - Kelly Hancock of KD Creations.  She make the leaves for our wishing tree.  The tree was beautiful.  Check her out on facebook.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 image Invited guests
    73image Will be celebrating with us!
    81 image Would rather look at our wedding photo album and/or video
    3 image Making me wait

RSVP Date September 18, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards