Chit Chat

Please Beware!!! Very Important!

Beware at bridal shows! Chefworld buys your info and then attemps to scam you. Trust me, Google it! I did and it saved me a lot of time. Also Dixie Homecrafters has a booth where they try to get you to sign up to "win" free stuff. It is a scam! The second they come to your house they will try to get you to sign a "price quote" which is in fact a contract!! And you only have three days to cancel,in writing, before you are legally obligated to purchase thier services! Google them also! Please spread the word and save a bride!

Re: Please Beware!!! Very Important!

• Wedding shows are a waste of time and energy.  What exactly did you think would happen by giving your information to a VENDOR at a wedding show?  Please-they're in it to convince you to buy their products, and if they have to skirt the rules they will.

Just skip the bridal shows.  It's easier.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_please-beware-very-important?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:19c52cf8-c7ae-408c-a37a-ff82cf77d2fePost:0bf1c688-bbe6-496c-802a-26110fb308a0">Re: Please Beware!!! Very Important!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding shows are a waste of time and energy.  What exactly did you think would happen by giving your information to a VENDOR at a wedding show?  [/QUOTE]

I doubt anyone goes to a bridal show, signs up for a prize, and thinks "hmmm, I wonder if I'm actually signing a legally binding contract." 

OP, thanks for sharing this info.  Lots of girls come here asking about bridal shows, and this is one of the many reasons a lot of the more experienced brides will tell you to just skip it.   That's really a shame that some businesses will resort to such sketchy tactics. 
  • thanks for the 2342730483742083 warnings that you put up, i'm sure everyone read them.
  • Thanks for the tip!  Some Bridal fairs are horrible and some are really nice.  In my experiences Ive always found, the smaller the Bridal Fair, the better it will be. 
  • There was recently a major scam in Boston, for a FAKE bridal and home show, a lot of people got taken. I think new brides might not realize the scams out there and need these kind of warnings.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2010/03/02/advertised_bridal_show_a_scam_fbi_police_say/

People were lured in that proceeds would go to victims of the Haiti earthquake, thousands of people (brides and vendors) got scammed, I don't think it is a given that people go to a bridal show expecting to get scammed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards