Snarky Brides

Goodness Gracious

Where is everyone?!

H has a friend over so they're having 'man time', which means I'm wasting time online. ;) Except I think I've run out of internet, so now I'm bored.  Contemplating dinner, but I have no idea what to make. 

Anyone do anything fun today?

Re: Goodness Gracious

• I know, it's been so dead here today.

Uhm, H and I went down to a local park and did a bit of hiking, and I bought a new bathing suit. That's about it.
  • I did some writing and grading earlier, H worked. Then when he got home we just lounged and wasted the day watching TV. Earlier we watched Contraband, now we're watching The Debt.
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I worked. Fun.

I'm counting the days until I get my stitches out. Only 2 1/2 to go! Maybe then I will be able to eat regularly again!

H is making brinner tonight. French toast and bacon = YUM!
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:d14363e2-1aee-4d28-9730-407e5fa6b988">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did some writing and grading earlier, H worked. Then when he got home we just lounged and wasted the day watching TV. Earlier we watched Contraband, now we're watching <u><strong>The Debt.</strong></u>
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

That movie was awesome.

I'm feeling pretty run down so I've done a whole lot of nothing today
    imageimage
  • Hello. I'm taking a break from grading.  I'm also thinking I should start figuring out dinner.

We went to see Five Year Engagement last night.  It was pretty good!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I ate some breakfast. Also, a snack. Then I went for a run. Now I am eating a late lunch.

I feel so evolutionarily fit, in the sense that I am able to do the things I need to do to stay alive.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:e7578d7b-6e2e-4ae4-92f2-e9b2d1f1753f">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]I worked. Fun. I'm counting the days until I get my stitches out. Only 2 1/2 to go! Maybe then I will be able to eat regularly again! H is making brinner tonight. <strong>French toast </strong>and bacon = YUM!
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

<div>That actually sounds awesome right now.  I think you just helped me figure out dinner.  Thanks!</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Jen, I've been wanting to see it for awhile but there was always something else H or I wanted to see more. But today I told him we were watching it, so there. It's really good so far. I love Sam Worthington.

• How's the house stuff coming, Jen??

Ohhhh maybe I'll make brinner tonight. I have some bread to use up... French toast it is!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:e7578d7b-6e2e-4ae4-92f2-e9b2d1f1753f">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]I worked. Fun. I'm counting the days until I get my stitches out. Only 2 1/2 to go! Maybe then I will be able to eat regularly again! H is making brinner tonight. French toast and bacon = YUM!
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

I think I am going to throw myself a breakfast-for-dinner themed birthday party this year. If nothing else, it will give me an excuse to buy myself a waffle iron.
  • I just got back frm boxing and we are watching a How Its Made on ceramic knives. Very Interesting. Now I know what I want for Mothers Day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    Hey ladies! I just took Pumpkin for a long walk. I was browsing pet finder and saw this pup that looks so much like Pumpkin...I kinda want her
    http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/22853540

I am waiting for H to come in from washing the car so we can make vodka sauce pizza. I made a huge pot of vodka sauce last night and will use leftovers for the pizza. Nom!
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:442cbc95-b3d8-459c-852c-f522e3e89556">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodness Gracious : That actually sounds awesome right now.  I think you just helped me figure out dinner.  Thanks!
    Posted by lindseyann410[/QUOTE]

<div>No problem! It was actually H's idea. I try not to suggest it often, because he does all the work while I watch TV. I love brinner nights!</div>
  • SEWFSEWF member
    HA I love that half of you are having French toast tonight! I'll tell H he's a trendsetter.
  • I can't look at Petfinder. I want all the little orange boy kitties I see and get sad that I can't have them.

I just remembered I need to thaw out some bread. My mom sent me home with like 10 loaves of various kinds last time so I have a craptone left still.
  • I love French toast, but we don't' keep bread in the house so that's out. I'm fixing to cook a bunch of chicken breast for use in salads and Sparky's lunches for the week. Richt now he's trying to lift and open a 1L bottle of water. Its frustrating, but funny!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Evening all. H and I just finished dinner (slow cooker lasagna). We rarely eat this early, but he has a rehearsal tonight. I spent the afternoon adjudicating auditions for a summer production of "Children of Eden". Edited to fix punctuation. Eff TK mobile.

• Im writing a paper and thank god I have friends who went to law school to help me, lol.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • jcg- is it good? I've seen recipes for it a few times, but was never sure it was worth trying...
  • Hi guys!

I'm just hanging out waiting for my melted DQ to become frozen again. Yum! 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Sesh - you're going to love it. I have a girl crush on Helen Mirren

Steph - trying to find the right sofa is giving me a headache and Tim and I have been arguing over granite (the one he likes is horrendous). When I get the sofa choices narrowed down, I'll probably post something for opinions.

Brinner sounds like a good idea. I'm thinking biscuits and sausage gravy.
    imageimage

• Pumpkin looks just like her Sesh.....that is Pumpkin
    We are thinking of eventually getting another dog because Sasha is old and Pumpkin is really attached to her. She hates to be alone, but is OK when she is with Sasha. I would rather adopt a dog that needs a home than buy one.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • Thanks Edie :)
  • I'm trying to figure out what we're going to eat this week. I think I want to try this for our first time recipe of the week:

But I'm trying to think of somewhat healthy stuff for the rest. Hard when I'm a picky eater. 
  • Jen we're at the part where she gets the face scar (in real time, not the flashback). I don't know who the younger Mirren is, but  she's really pretty. I like her.
  • SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:ae43bfb3-8ddc-426f-a760-11ad90cc2eac">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh - you're going to love it. I have a girl crush on Helen Mirren Steph - trying to find the right sofa is giving me a headache and Tim and I have been arguing over granite (the one he likes is horrendous). When I get the sofa choices narrowed down, I'll probably post something for opinions. <strong>Brinner sounds like a good idea. I'm thinking biscuits and sausage gravy.</strong>
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

<div>Apparently my H had never seen biscuits and gravy before he met me. He still doesn't like it for some reason, so I really only eat it if we go out, but I LOVE B&G.</div>
  • I always get a reeses blizzard but with chocolate ice cream. I hate vanilla. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_goodness-gracious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fcdeb506-00cb-4947-b1f3-60924fdd0193Post:206805b4-e34c-42a6-b57e-c06d51fea786">Re: Goodness Gracious</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying to figure out what we're going to eat this week. I think I want to try this for our first time recipe of the week: <a href="http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/04/tortellini-spinach-bake-in-creamy-lemon/" rel="nofollow">http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/04/tortellini-spinach-bake-in-creamy-lemon/</a> But I'm trying to think of somewhat healthy stuff for the rest. Hard when I'm a picky eater. 
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Picky how? What won't you eat?
  • SEWFSEWF member
    H must be feeling domestic today because he just set a smoothie in front of me. Awesome.
  • Biscuits and gravy is the best  breakfast. I get that all the time at a local place here.

There used to be a restaurant called Biscuits & Gravy near my house growing up. Then it burned down after the owner tried to kill his stepson by faking a gas leak and ended up blowing himself and the restaurant up instead.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards