California-Los Angeles

Splurging...

If money were no object, what would be the one thing you would splurge on for your wedding? *

*Disclaimer- kind of stole this from another board.  Eh, all well.
Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Splurging...

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I would have splurged on a photo booth for the reception.  They always look so fun in others bios I would have liked to do that.
  • edited December 2011
    I kind of did splurge.  Maybe I'd have done a bit more with decorations.  Feel like that's where this shindig will come up a bit short.

We splurged on videographer, though.  FI went to film school.  it was either NO video or THE GREATEST VIDEO EVER FILMED.  No in betweens.
    edited December 2011
    Phiaska- My DH went to film school too and he was in charge of picking the photog and definitely splurged on that (without me knowing!).  I think that those things should be top of the list when it comes to spending money since that's the only thing we have to remember the day.
  • edited December 2011
    Does honeymoon count?! Wink
  • edited December 2011
    hands down- chivari chairs for both reception and ceremony sites. that would be my dream come true :)
    edited December 2011
    Claire- where would you go or what would you do?
  • edited December 2011
    It would be Chiavari chairs for the reception for me....that's the only thing that I really would like to have, but that I just can't justify the cost.

Everything else I want, I am fairly satisfied with. Not that we have the best of everything, or my first choice if money was no issue, but I'm satisfied with the quality vs. price ratio of all my vendors.

But the chairs...I wish.
  • edited December 2011
    Either an after party or a morning-after brunch, most likely. Or a videographer.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Honeymoon to bora-bora sounds good...
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely Chivari Chairs as well, and table linens.
  • lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh geez this is hard.  I kinda splurged on decor, flowers, and an open bar.  But if I could splurge on something else it would be on the honeymoon.  I would love to go to Paris instead of staying in the US.
  • edited December 2011
    I would splurge on really good champagne but only if others would enjoy it.  A morning after brunch would be great. 

Get this, I know of a girl who quit her job to be a full time bride and for the honeymoon they went on a 3 months long cruise around the world.  Crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    There are a couple of things I have sort of already consider splurges along the way, but I was able to pull them off because I ended up under budget in other areas.

Our cake ended up being a major splurge. 
    The accessories for my gown were also a bit of a splurge.
    Invitations also turned up to be a splurge. 

One thing I will say is that buying a house has really taught me a major lesson in frugality. My FI knows how to save his money for important things and had he not known how to do that, we would have never gotten our house(we had help too, from both sets of parents).  If we had bought our place earlier during the planning process, we would have definitely splurged less on the wedding and directed alot of money that is going to the wedding into our house.

Decor really is the final area I have to worry about, flowers really.  If money were no object I would have gotten a professional florist and also gotten a band instead of a DJ.   And, yeah, we would have gone with our orginally planned trip to Europe AND bought our house(the trip to Europe has been postponed in lieu of our house purchase).

That said, the cost of a professional florist vs DIYing the whole thing is enough to get us a new bedroom set; the cost of hiring a band would be enough to do some reallly nice landscaping also.  The house has really helped me put into perspective the idea of "how much money should I spend on the wedding, vs. how much money I could invest in our home."

When having weddings on the brain, I find it's very easy to get caught up in spending  alot of money without realizing what kind of power that money has outside the world of the wedding industry.  
  • edited December 2011
    Oh man what I tough one!Undecided

I guess I would have to say....TONS of FLOWERS and DECOR!!!! oh and an open bar and a honeymoon all through Europe...sigh...yes the last one!

• geal3456geal3456 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'd love it if I could splurge on the whole setting of the wedding and reception. Lighting, flowers, linens, fireworks everything!!!

• Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with xxquemirasxx!! Tooooons of flowers everywhere and chiavari chairs and a nice honeymoon somewhere far far away.....ahhhh money money lol. I would've also had a photobooth...those sound like so much fun.
  • edited December 2011
    If money were not an issue, I would have flown my family and friends to an exotic tropical place for our wedding and made a week of it!

One thing I wish we could have fit in our budget- videographer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards