Snarky Brides
Options

Job Poll

Just curious what everyone does for a living at the moment? These are alway interesting non threatening, non tmi polls Wink!

I myself am a communication studies major, and I work part time doing legal work for a collection agency.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Job Poll

• Options
    I run my mouth for a living.. I'm the afternoon DJ and promotions director for a top 40 radio station in CT.  It's a nifty job.
  • Options
    I'm a paralegal. I sit on my laptop and write legal documents all day. Which makes it easy to click on over to TK and see what's goin on.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    I'm a mortician. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_job-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:850eda58-b04f-46ad-9f2f-019a7512744aPost:94b9b11b-3886-443e-82e3-9306e10daef7">Re: Job Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I run my mouth for a living.. I'm the afternoon DJ and promotions director for a top 40 radio station in CT.  It's a nifty job.
    Posted by jennylove810[/QUOTE]

That is honestly the best job EVER!!!!!!!!! I love my local radio station (KDWB) in fact I just won tickets to their "star party" concert today.

I have always wished I was a DJ b/c I love listening to them talk. Jealous!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_job-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:850eda58-b04f-46ad-9f2f-019a7512744aPost:c0a8063d-3630-420b-b9dd-2e2e1621e879">Re: Job Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a mortician. 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

::knods:: seems fitting.
  • Options
    I sell life insurance, health insurance, cancer policies, mortgage protection independently so i only get paid when i make a sell.  Lately i have been making good money but theres weeks when i dont have a very good paycheck at all.  Im currently looking for a phlebotomy job as im also licensed in that too. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_job-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:850eda58-b04f-46ad-9f2f-019a7512744aPost:c0a8063d-3630-420b-b9dd-2e2e1621e879">Re: Job Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a mortician. 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

You mean like the death metal band?  Awesome!
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    RE: Radio DJ

I'm assuming that you have to be pretty bright to be successful at that job though. So it's probably not a good fit for you, TinkXXX. 
  • Options
    I sell life insurance, health insurance, cancer policies, mortgage protection independently so i only get paid when i make a sell.  Lately i have been making good money but theres weeks when i dont have a very good paycheck at all.  Im currently looking for a phlebotomy job as im also licensed in that too. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_job-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:850eda58-b04f-46ad-9f2f-019a7512744aPost:b8d9a015-b0b3-4083-9718-0f37e6581df9">Re: Job Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]RE: Radio DJ I'm assuming that you have to be pretty bright to be successful at that job though. So it's probably not a good fit for you, TinkXXX. 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Yah and being a mortician I can see where you learned your social skills.
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_job-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:850eda58-b04f-46ad-9f2f-019a7512744aPost:b8a3d680-23c0-45a4-8732-b315b88c3b96">Re: Job Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Job Poll : You mean like the death metal band?  Awesome!
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

<div>Nah like a funeral director. I hang out with dead bodies all day long. </div><div>That is totes my favorite band though. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_job-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:850eda58-b04f-46ad-9f2f-019a7512744aPost:8bb18561-6640-4908-9581-612e2602fe14">Re: Job Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a paralegal. I sit on my laptop and write legal documents all day. Which makes it easy to click on over to TK and see what's goin on.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

do you ever attend court?
  • Options
    i accidentally double posted...sorry ya'll!!
    very interesting jobs!

salt, what kind of schoolin did you do for that?  do you like it? 
    were you creeped out at all in the beginnin?  curious.
  • Options
    Yeah, Salt. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_job-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:850eda58-b04f-46ad-9f2f-019a7512744aPost:c7902a4d-b192-48c4-8033-112e4a7e213c">Re: Job Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Job Poll : do you ever attend court?
    Posted by Tinkx123x[/QUOTE]
    Nope, never. We do oil and gas work. My boss does a tiny bit of litigation, but he has two other lawyers on staff who help with that.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I am a teacher...grade 8 the past few years...
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    I sort of interned (for lack of a better word) at a funeral home while I was in high school. Then after that I got my associates in funeral service education and then you have to take a national exam.

I also have a strong background in theater makeup so that helps too. 

• Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    I'm a nurse. Work at a social service agency now. Run a home care program, food bank, and do financial assistance/management with my clients. I do scholarships for the local day school, too.  Back in school for my BSN as well...2 more classes in fall and I'm done.

I'm jealous of salt.  I applied many years ago to be the morticians assistant...but never got the job. :(   Kinda hoped to get a job where my clients couldn't talk back.

Randi...my FI just interviewed for selling supplemental policies. Keeping our fingers crossed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    I am a Office Admin at a Platinum Mall property. I work for  7 different people in our office. My hand is in everything from accounting, to contracts, to marketing projects.

We had a WeTV wedding event here last year and I got to meet David Tutera. And this year it's Ron Ben-Israel from Cake Wars.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Currently working customer service in the call center for a national restaurant chain.  I also manage all the fleet vehicles for our catering service and process all tax-exempt certificates people send us so they don't have to pay sales tax on their catering orders.  I'm also in college part time for another bachelor's degree, this one in Math Education.  I'd like to teach either middle or high school.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_job-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:850eda58-b04f-46ad-9f2f-019a7512744aPost:68b67019-f056-448c-a422-df27ab1f2ddd">Re: Job Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm jealous of salt.  I applied many years ago to be the morticians assistant...but never got the job. :(   Kinda hoped to get a job where my clients couldn't talk back. 
    Posted by nyrek[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah I'm full of schit. I'm actually an art director, but I always said that being a mortician would be a great fall back career.</div>
  • Options
    Nyrek, best wishes on FI getting job!  Did he interview for a career job?  Its real good money!! But lots of stress.  Best of luck!  and You sound very busy, props to you for juggling all of that! You're like superwoman!!
  • Options
    I am an admin for a college athletic department, doing all the billing and payroll, as well as running the work-study program and planning the major events we have.

I am also in school part-time getting my second bachelors (in management). Hoping to start an MBA program after the wedding.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Salt...i love reading your posts.  But, why did you lie about that? haha  ...strange.  Are you a Chelsea Handler fan by any chance??? 
    Art director sounds very classy and chic.
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_job-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:850eda58-b04f-46ad-9f2f-019a7512744aPost:12260280-b042-4339-a2d0-a4a40dee7bc3">Re: Job Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Salt...i love reading your posts.  But, why did you lie about that? haha  ...strange.  Are you a Chelsea Handler fan by any chance???  Art director sounds very classy and chic.
    Posted by RandiLakin[/QUOTE]

<div>Usually in these types of threads I say I'm a prostitute so I wanted to switch it up a little. </div><div>
    </div><div>But actually yes I am a huge Chelsea fan. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>And it's not very classy or chic today, but it has it's moments I guess. </div>
  • Options
    Salt, I just noticed your shoes in your sig.  I really like them for wedding sandals.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Thanks, friend. Zappos all the way.
  • Options
    That was phrased awkwardly, I like them in general, but especially for your wedding sandals.  I don't think they'd be bad if they weren't wedding sandals.  God my brain is mushy.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Haha it's ok. I got what you meant. They actually look pretty cute with jeans too. 
  • Options
    I'm currently working at a non-profit that does EMS education, so I do a bunch of admin work stuff, but I'll be going to school in the fall to start my joint degree in law and public health!  I'm a nerd, but SO excited to go back to school.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards