Second Weddings

Ideas for elopement

I'd love to have some opinions on what to do. My current fella and I are deeply in love. We actually had planned to elope in Hawaii this past May, but various circumstances arose, yada yada yada. So here we are.
The plan is still to elope in Hawaii, hopefully sometime in the next year. We want a nice private, intimate ceremony, just the two of us (plus photographer & officiant). Any suggestions?
First Marriage ended in Divorce :(
Now in a new, healthy relationship
P/SAIF Welcome

Re: Ideas for elopement

• Do you introduce him as "my current fella" all the time?  h
  • You probably have to pick one of the islands first!  Then I'd just narrow it down to a nice hotel you want.  I bet a wedding can be done anywhere.
  • Find a good travel agent who specializes in Hawaiian vacations.  S/he would know of resorts that host weddings on the property.  That should give you a good start for researching places you might like for your wedding.

An elopement to Hawaii sounds absolutely wonderful.  Have a great time!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_ideas-for-elopement?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:597821da-01cf-4772-8a4c-38234d1c3183Post:6377cb2c-7d98-410d-9cc6-b1ac0e0e781a">Re: Ideas for elopement</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you introduce him as "my current fella" all the time?  h
    Posted by right1thistime[/QUOTE]

Donna, that reminds me of my challenge when referring to H before we were engaged.  "Boyfriend" didn't roll off the tongue; I'd never had a "boyfriend" in my life.  Someone suggested I call him my beau.  That worked.  When we became engaged, he went from beau to fiance ... keeping it French!!  LOL ...
  • Yeah, I do a bit in my comedy routine that there is no good term for "a person you're dating that you're not engaged to."   Of course, in the Sweet Potato Queen, HRH Jill Conner Brown says that if you're sleeping with someone, it's your fiance; it has nothing to do with whether there's an impending marriage or not.  I love her. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_ideas-for-elopement?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:597821da-01cf-4772-8a4c-38234d1c3183Post:c79ac9d7-c407-40a8-9a5d-25d38ebc00bc">Re: Ideas for elopement</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I do a bit in my comedy routine that there is no good term for "a person you're dating that you're not engaged to."   Of course, in the Sweet Potato Queen, HRH Jill Conner Brown says that if you're sleeping with someone, it's your fiance; it has nothing to do with whether there's an impending marriage or not.  I love her. 
    Posted by handfast4me[/QUOTE]

Who is this Sweet Potato Queen?  I have a weakness for sweet potatoes and I love sex.  Maybe I should get to know her ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards