Pre-wedding Parties
Options

2 showers?

Is it okay to have 2 bridal showers and invite the brides side to one and the grooms side to another if the 2 families are not getting along? Would separating the families cause more of a rift and more drama?

Re: 2 showers?

• Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If two people offer to host showers, then you can have two showers, and you can split up the guest list however you like.  However, it is generally considered a courtesy that the MOB and MOG are invited to all showers.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of this happening before.  Not so much because they don't get along but because they live in different areas or someone on each side decides to throw a shower.  But the same person really shouldn't throw both showers, that is too much to put on one person. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having 3, just because 3 different groups have offered to throw one. My close high school/hometown friends(MOH included), College friends(Other MOH+ Bridal party), and then my cousin's/family.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sure it's okay, as long as you have two hosts. Some families prefer to do it this way so that the showers are kept small and intimate, rather than having a large party.

• Options
    LC&NGLC&NG member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had two bridal showers, One for my FI side in his hometown and one for my side in my home town which is also where we live now.  They are 3 hours aparts so it would have been too hard on guests to travel that far.  Aunts on both sides of the family offered to host showers so it worked  out great.
  • Options
    LC&NGLC&NG member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why doesn't my ticker shower up?
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long as you have two showers hostesses and you're not hosting them yourself it's fine.  I had two showers mainly due to size and it was fine.

BUT, I'd caution that at some point, the families will need to put differences aside.  The moms and the BP should be invited to all showers as a courtesy and if they don't get along with each other, they really need to start.  It's not like your wedding will be the last time they get together and they will need to act like adults at all events.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the responses! Right now I only have one hostess so I will go with the one shower but am VERY nervous about getting all the women together as they do not get along. I guess they do need to get along at some point, but the friends of both family sides are the ones causing the problems and they will only see each other at the shower and at the wedding and that is it. Fortunatly the MOB and MOG get along well as does the wedding party with both sides.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards