Idaho
Options

might be relocating to Idaho Falls....

Hi Idaho knotties,

My FH and I may be relocating to Idaho falls in Jan from Philadelphia...can anyone give me advice/suggestions etc about the area?  I am a nurse and just starting to look for jobs.  I'm nervous about moving so far away!  I would appreciate any help you all can give!
image 147 Made the cut!
image 84 Can't wait to celebrate! image 19 Will be there in spirit! image 44 Are making me crazy!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: might be relocating to Idaho Falls....

• Options
    edited December 2011

What would you like to know about the area? I've lived here for years so I should be able to fill you in just fine.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What is the feel of the town like?  We are not really church going people, so I am a little worried it is going to be hard to meet friends without that thing in common.  Are there certain parts of town to avoid for renting?  What are some things you especially like?

I am trying to get a job at EIRMC, do you have any stong opinions about that hospital or any others in the area?  I am a nurse.

Thanks so much!
    image 147 Made the cut!
    image 84 Can't wait to celebrate! image 19 Will be there in spirit! image 44 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not LDS myself and have made some fabulous friends. Idaho Falls is getting more and more diverse because of the outside hiring that's happening in our school districts and at the INL. Yes this town takes some getting used to but it isn't as bad as people try to make it out to be. Since you'll be here with your FH it won't be as much of a shock. Plus we can have hard liquor on Sundays now so that makes it better. :)

This isn't a real renter friendly town because it's not a college city. There are serveral nice apartment complexes in town. I live in the Parkwood Pointe apartments and enjoy them. I will say from personal experience that I did not enjoy my time in the Teton Apartments on St. Clair.

Luckily I've never had to spend any time at EIRMC so I don't know much about it. I do know that when my brother had knee surgery my parents chose to have it done at the other big medical center in town, can't think of the name at the moment. I think that was more an insurance thing though.

If you have any other questions about town let me know.

Megan
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards