Delaware

Best Photographers in Delaware/Southeast PA?

Getting married in October 2011 at Hartefeld. Pictures last forever and I want to make sure they're amazing! Help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Best Photographers in Delaware/Southeast PA?

• Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What budget are you looking for?  There are a zillion photogs around here.
  • edited December 2011
    im using clair pruett. i love their stuff.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am not a fan of Claire Pruett, based on a wedding I went to that they photographed.  If you want more details, message me.

It all depends on your budget.  Here are some to look into:
    Lavender and Lace Photography
    Cindy Guessford
    Sarah Schulte
    Allison Conklin
    Erin Farrell
    Artistic Imagery
    Doug Burns
    Foschi Photography
    Marc Anthony
    Mike Landis
    Ryan Estes
    Sandor Welsh
    Sharyn Frenkel
    Kate's Lens
    Izzy Schmid
    New Leaf Photography

Many of these photographers are in the Tri-State area, but most if not all will travel to DE.  If you really like a photog's work but can't afford what their packages say, call them anyway; many will work with you to make it fit into your budget.  It all depends on what you want.  If you want just the rights to the pictures, many of them will reduce their prices for that.  If you want albums (which you can do yourself, I have sites where you can make the professional albums, not just the Snapfish coffee book types), then it will cost alot more.  And depending on if the photog is well known and in high demand will also determine high pricing. 

If you want to save money, there are several ways: call colleges to see if any students are willing to do your wedding for pictures in their portfolio.  If any new, budding photogs are just starting out, they tend to be cheaper.  I would give us your budget, and we can go from there with names.  You might also want to consider asking on the Jersey and Philly board.

Hope that helps; I know it's a lot of info to take in!  It's okay, we will help you find the perfect photog for you!
  • edited December 2011
    If price isn't a concern and you really want them to be amazing, Laura Novak is nationally known and based in DE.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • lesliejennalesliejenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.

FutureMrsTR, did Laura Novak do the picture in your signature? If so, it's beautiful.  Photography is definitely one piece I would splurge on, I want them to be amazing.  I love the photo-journalistic feel.  Candid pictures are my favorite pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've work with Paul Pruitt before.  Not for weddings, he did corporate headshots for the company I work for.  Easy to work with.  Does his own editing... really nice guy.

I'm using Paul Lutes.  He doesn't have a website right now, but he does have a facebook page set up where you can see his stuff. PM if you want his info.  He did the pictures for my cousin's wedding, and they came out BEAUTIFUL.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_photographers-delawaresoutheast-pa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:77Discussion:3af4a65b-688a-4d8d-b584-fcf1b5cba98ePost:0ec5f736-6082-428c-98bd-e4345a9f8b6f">Re: Best Photographers in Delaware/Southeast PA?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone. FutureMrsTR, did Laura Novak do the picture in your signature? If so, it's beautiful.  Photography is definitely one piece I would splurge on, I want them to be amazing.  I love the photo-journalistic feel.  Candid pictures are my favorite pictures.
    Posted by lesliejenna[/QUOTE]

haha no, I couldn't afford Laura Novak if I sold my right arm!  But thank you :)  My FI is a photographer so we set up his camera on a tripod to get our engagement shots, there are more in my bio.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • lesliejennalesliejenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions!  My budget is around 5k-6k.  I really like the look of Alison Conklin's work - has anyone had any experience with her? 

I'm also considering Richard Barnes, I like that he allows you to customize your own package - you don't have to fall within package A, B, or C.  Thoughts on him?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend JPG Photography. His prices start at $4k. He's based out of Philadelphia, but will travel.
  • edited December 2011
    FYI, most photogs will customize a package for you if you ask; most of them just don't list this option on their websites.  If you see someone you like, I would email them and ask.
  • SLGYMNASTSLGYMNAST member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Jubilee Photography in Wilmington and we loved Kristen (www.jubilee-photography.com).  Our photos were amazing and she is so much fun to be around.  She's in Wilmington.  Good luck!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I used New Leaf Photography.  They are located in West Chester, PA but are very willing to travel.  I love my pics and the ones they took my my new niece :)  their website is www.nleafphoto.com
  • edited December 2011
    This post is so perfect for me!!  I am really having a hard time finding a photographer I like!!  Thanks for such a huge list!!  It really helps
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Momma.BrownMomma.Brown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.erinfarrellphotography.com
    she is a little more established so her prices are pretty average.
    erin did my newborn photos and she is a pleasure to work with.

http://www.sgphotos.net/
    not as established but she has repeat business and a great reputation. she will probably work with you on pricing moreso than a more established photographer.
    i have actually worked as a second shooter for stephanie and she is pleasant, eager to please, quick on her feet and very talented.
  • jenellybellyjenellybelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Kristen from Jubilee - we're using her in September! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi - I am using Lavender and Lace Photography, their work is beautiful, check out the website: www.lavenderlacephoto.com and they were able to put a great package together for me!  A friend of mine was a bridesmaid in a wedding they did last year and said they were so fun and professional to work with, also lots of candids, which I love!  Check them out - best of luck to you both!
  • elijon090311elijon090311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out Heather Fowler. She is located in Philly and is absolutely amazing. Like you, the wedding pictures are on top as far as my priorities go. After doing tons of research I hired her for my June 2011 wedding. Her work is just beautiful. 

I found her through a wedding blog from a woman who hired her for her DuPont Country Club wedding. 
    Here is a link to the blog : www.aweddingstory.wordpress.com

Good luck! 

• edited December 2011

Laura Novak IS amazing if you're willing to pay for her. She also has people who work for her that are less expensive though, and do just as amazing of a job.

Becca is one of the photographers that works for her and she does an awesome job. She's doing my wedding and did my brothers as well. She gets really great candids. I can't stand those posey-posey pictures that look the same as everyone else's, and she definitely doesn't do that.

you can see some of her photos on Laura's website- she has her own section of picture.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards