California-Central

Poll: Tell us about your wedding

How did he pop the question?

When are you planning to get married?

What are your colors/theme?

What has been your favorite part of planning so far?

What has been your least favorite?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: Tell us about your wedding

• edited December 2011
    He asked me at the same spot were we shared our first kiss. Under my grandma's tree. (hence the name)

June 4th, 2011

Red, yellow, and green. And we are going for a vintage summer kind of theme.

Looking at all the DIY projects online. I wish I could do them all.

Trying to figure out where to start at.
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He has not yet.  I started looking on here for rings when we starting talking a couple months ago.

With what we have talked about, it will probably be next summer.  I am a teacher, so that is best.  With having a somewhat DW, we have a small window of dates that are available for guests to attend.  One of which is my 30th bday.  I am torn on whether I want to be married on my bday.

We are country/cowboy.  I will NOT have a redneck wedding.  There are some pics in my photos on here of stuff I like.  Somewhat Western Chic.  Ivory & brown with bright hints.

getting flamed for calling the etiquette board bitches.  Sorry for polluting this ladies :)  Oh, and ring shopping was fun!

the realization that doing a DW will mean not many people from where we live will attend.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did he pop the question?In Paris by the Seine river. He was mumbling and kept repeating what he was saying. I was really caught off guard too. I think I'm the only girl that goes to Paris and doesn't expect to get engaged.

When are you planning to get married?We got married September 12, 2009.

What are your colors/theme?We did black white, and teal. We used a lot of peacock feathers and peacock cartoons in our design.

What has been your favorite part of planning so far?I liked doing the cake tasting and being on the knot. I have discovered that I would be a very good wedding planner and when I decide to change careers, I will probably open my own business.

What has been your least favorite? There were a few. Invites, anything to do with my sister, and the colors.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • KryssttleKryssttle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did he pop the question? At home, there were flowers and candles all over the living room =)

When are you planning to get married? April 17, 2010

What are your colors/theme? Green and Pink

What has been your favorite part of planning so far? Dress shopping

What has been your least favorite? Everything else! lol...I think I am to the point where I am just ready for it to be here already :)
    imageimageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Stina - I'm with you on becoming a wedding planner. I know I'm just getting started but I'm really enjoying myself. I would love to do this as a career.
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to open my own floral shop someday
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • FystybrideFystybride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Last year for my birthday, right here in our living room (we have lived together for 5 years)
    April 17, 2010 (looks like I have a date twin!)
    Ivory& chocolate
    Flexing my bargain hunter muscles.
    Spending the month before the wedding being sick, having to get blood transfusions and a battery of awful tests, wondering if I will be up for this day that I have waited so long for.
  • edited December 2011
    Fysty - Don't worry, you'll get through everything and enjoy your day.
  • edited December 2011
     My parents were visiting from Wisconsin, and we went to the coast for the day.  He asked me on the pier at San Simeon.  I got to tell my mom in person.  It was awesome. 
    August 6, 2010 in Wisconsin
    Dark Purple and Aqua
    Hanging out with my mom and planning in Wisconsin, and hanging out with his mom here in CA
    What has been your least favorite? Trying to make sure that everyone --my mom, his mom, my sister, his sisters, etc-all feel as if they get to be a part of the planning.  This would be so easy if there wasn't a 2000 mile gap
  • edited December 2011
    We were on a cruise for our 2 year anniversary. He joined a karaoke contest, sang the song "Amazed" by Lone Star, and got on one knee afterward.

We're planning next summer. Originally it was August 6th, 2011... now we're not sure.

It's going to be a bechy kind of wedding so I was thinking white, a lighter blue and then maybe a chocolate brown for a little contrast.

Probably ring shopping. He picked out the diamond for the engagement ring but I get to pick out my own setting.

Planning a wedding from 5 hours away from the location. AND he's being a pain in the butt about picking a date!!!!
    My Bio: Updated 5/18/11

June 2011
    My Morgan!

Photobucket

Miss Dayna

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards