Snarky Brides

where in the f...

Re: where in the f...

• I talked on the phone once to Andrew from Something Corporate.  My friend was inside and got to meet him, and told him that I was standing out in line to get in, and he told her to call me and we chatted for a bit.  He was a total sweetheart.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:002245d7-9a2e-4c3c-911a-1ff0d86cdc49">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I probably will go, adam failed at quitting smoking and is going to the reserve on thursday to drop 100$ on smokes. I feel it necessary to guilt him a bit and point out that he's spending more on smokes than an awesome concert. If he can have his vices, I should cerainly be allowed to have mine considering its cheaper.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    A+ argument!

• Can someone explain eBay and reserves to me?  I understand setting a reserve so that you get at least a certain amount for something, but what about with bidding?

I know how much I'd like to/am willing to spend, but do other people have to bid?  Like, my max bid right now is $30, but it's only showing at $10.50 w/ the reserve not met.  Does that mean the reserve is more than $30?  Do I just have to wait for other people to bid?  Gah.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:485449e6-dd7c-40f0-9bba-f7562963eba7">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: where in the f... : Yikes.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>I can't imagine a room full of people I don't care about more. lol</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:511f4bdb-2a2b-4dd7-9941-25ab735e2e27">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies! Chels, don't feel bad about those dreams :) Our mind doesn't interpret dreams literally, so if you dream that you sleep with somebody, you might just admire a part of that person's personality and want to be like them. I have friends come to me all the time going "ZOMG I dreamed I slept with my dad!" and I need to reassure them they're not harboring secret incestuous fantasies :P They just have a kick-ass dad. Or, if you're dreaming you're doing some super hot guy, just enjoy it! It doesn't mean you're going to run out on your FI :)
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

haha good to know! thanks!
  • I'm almost done with that crazy internship application, but I have one essay to go and I'm being a butt about doing it. I've just had to write about how my social and cultural context too many f'ing times. I do have to leave for work in less than an hour, though, so I need to buckle down.

I don't wannaaaa!

• I have weird cheating dreams where I know who the person is, usually an ex, except they look like H, or I know this person is H but they don't look like him. I have really messed up dreams though. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:d42064ce-b92e-4bb4-b435-5b2101bfee44">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can someone explain eBay and reserves to me?  I understand setting a reserve so that you get at least a certain amount for something, but what about with bidding? I know how much I'd like to/am willing to spend, but do other people have to bid?  Like, my max bid right now is $30, but it's only showing at $10.50 w/ the reserve not met.  Does that mean the reserve is more than $30?  Do I just have to wait for other people to bid?  Gah.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

It means the current bid has not met the reserve.  Your $30 might very well meet the reserve.  My guess is if your highest bid meets the reserve, you'd still get it even if nobody outbid you, you'd just have to pay the reserve rather than what you "won" it for. Idk for sure though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:002245d7-9a2e-4c3c-911a-1ff0d86cdc49">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I probably will go, adam failed at quitting smoking and is going to the reserve on thursday to drop 100$ on smokes. I feel it necessary to guilt him a bit and point out that he's spending more on smokes than an awesome concert. If he can have his vices, I should cerainly be allowed to have mine considering its cheaper.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Not only cheaper, but better for your health!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Also, I have sex dreams a lot (once or twice a month!?) and they're always weird. I had a dream once my best female had a huuuuuuuuge dong. It was weird as hell.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:5beea453-746f-46c0-a0af-cce3fe3a3aec">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I talked on the phone once to Andrew from Something Corporate.  My friend was inside and got to meet him, and told him that I was standing out in line to get in, and he told her to call me and we chatted for a bit.  He was a total sweetheart.
    Posted by Smash Adams[/QUOTE]

LOVED Something Corporate!  lol
    panther
  • You could not pay me to go to my HS reunion.  Especially now.  Wouldn't be caught dead there.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:d6a05666-042b-4c46-a88a-6f8571db2c01">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: where in the f... : I didn't go to my 10-year.<strong> I didn't think spite was a good enough reason to attend. </strong>Especially at $65 a head to sit at a crappy hotel bar.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes. Exactly. I don't need to relive any of that shiit.</div>
  • My 10 year reunion is this summer but I wasn't invited, lol. The class officers (maybe only one of the class officers? I dont even know) set up a facebook page for it that has about half our graduating class on it and I only saw it because it showed up on my Facebook stalker feed that one of my friends "liked" it.
  • mehgank-  love your siggy pic and absolutely love your dress! Can I ask where you got your dress and who the designer is?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just got a text that my BBT box set (Seasons 1-4) is at the store and ready for pickup.  I'm sooo excited!!!!  "...We built a wall, we built the pyramids..."  I know what I'm watching tonight.

I've been uber busy at work, hence the "vanishing act".  I'm enjoying the new position and am lucky that the person training me is good at it and very patient with my 8 million questions. 
  • I didn't have an overly pleasant high school experience, but it wasn't a total nightmare either.  And plus I married my hs sweetheart, so, there's that.  Lol.

I had a dream once that I was a hooker and I showed up at a hotel room with another hooker, and the client was my boss.  Gross.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:954411a7-dc2a-46b6-87f2-7dce850e8304">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've only ever met Uncle Kracker (stoned out of his mind), the bald guy from Sesame Street and Marvin Hamlish.  I did see Kevin Kline on a street in Paris though when he was filming French Kiss. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Thats funny, I've only seen either Mary Kate or Ashley Olsen while we were in Paris. I'm pretty it sure it was Ashley, she had the boyfriend at the time.

I swear I have met someone famous before, but it must not have been to memorable. OH! Shaq has been to our mall a couple times, he's hard to spot ;)
    And I've met David Tutera and Ron Ben Isreal.
  • my 5 year reunion was at the beer tent at our town's summer days fest thing. Classy. I think people are trying for something better for the 10th. Who knows. However. A friend and I organized a reunion for our elementary school this summer, and I am incredibly excited for that.
  • It's embarassing, but I'm actually excited for my HS reunion.  I was the ugly duckling who couldn't get a date, and I'm going to derrive a shameful shallow satisfaction from walking in with H on my arm ;)
  • One of the classes a few years older than H's high school class (H was class of 2000 so I guess this would be 1999 or 1998?) had such a rowdy 10-year reunion that the cops got called to the venue, which I guess is one of the only country clubs in town or something, and now that venue won't rent space to class reunions from his high school at all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:48538dfa-20df-4785-a040-bdfadc422977">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's embarassing, but I'm actually excited for my HS reunion.  I was the ugly duckling who couldn't get a date, and I'm going to derrive a shameful shallow satisfaction from walking in with H on my arm ;)
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

HA! Would it be pretentious if you carried your modeling portfolio under your arm?

I did not graduate, so no reunions here.
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We only had 21 in our graduating class and we didn't have a 10 yr reunion or if they did I wasn't invited. I doubt I would have went anyways. 
  • chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    We were supposed to have a 5 year reunion this past summer but that didn't happen at all.  Idk why.  I'm not that upsed about it though. Anyone I care to see I keep in contact with anyway. I come from a town that 90% of the people who are still there are there because they never left (due to babies, lack of career/college ambition, or anything else hick town related).

ETA Heck yes bling bling!
  • Edie, my dad graduated in a class of 10.  About half of them are still in the area, him included.  They have "all school" reunions every summer and he always goes.  There are a couple of his old classmates that never go, and he always gets pissed about that, because people travel from long distances to come to these things and he feels like its a slap in the face when a couple people who are still local skip out on it.  But I dunno, it was an extremely small town, lol.  Plus I think he feels strongly about it because most of the town is under water now too.

Are my posts disappearing?
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:30b7d5d6-6a5d-4199-bf8d-217fe4c1f75f">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: where in the f... : HA! Would it be pretentious if you carried your modeling portfolio under your arm? I did not graduate, so no reunions here.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]
    That made me CQTM ;) I should hire a bunch of guys to stand around me wearing suits, sunglasses, and earpieces. That'll show those jerks!
  • Either I wasn't invited or my class didn't have a 10yr :(
  • Fucking hell you guys, our intern is dumber than a box of rocks.  She just called my news director and asked him if he'd had a chance to listen to her pieces yet.  He told her he didn't receive any pieces to listen to.  She goes, "Well, they're on the desktop."  Yeah.  The desktop of the computer in the intern studio.  Our news director works in a city three hours away.  Are you that fucking stupid? Fuuck.

I feel better now.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:d86623ff-8139-4ef7-ae18-1876210b53e7">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]BK, we watch TBBT every Saturday morning. It's such a fun way to start the weekend. I really enjoy all of their characters. (My husband is a math nerd, so I'm often laughing because they remind me so much of him).  I also just finished season 4 of SOA this weekend. I would now like it to be September, so I can start watching it again please. I would also like it if Jax would grow his hair back out before season 5, and if Opie could get a hair cut, that would be great too.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

Yeah Opie's hair.... sometimes I like it, sometimes like towards the end of last season, I wanted to jump in with scissors. It seemed to be down a lot too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-in-the-f?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dba91128-eee5-4849-988a-ef02dabb588bPost:d86623ff-8139-4ef7-ae18-1876210b53e7">Re: where in the f...</a>:
    [QUOTE]BK, we watch TBBT every Saturday morning. It's such a fun way to start the weekend. I really enjoy all of their characters. (My husband is a math nerd, so I'm often laughing because they remind me so much of him).  I also just finished season 4 of SOA this weekend. I would now like it to be September, so I can start watching it again please. I would also like it if <strong>Jax would grow his hair back out before season 5, and if Opie could get a hair cut, that would be great too.</strong>
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]
    I agree with both of these things.  And the wanting it to be September thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards