African American Weddings
Options

NWR: Its snowing! (vent)

So its snowing here, the first significant snow of the winter and I hate the snow with a passion! To make it worse I'm stuck at work, and I have no food at home (I have real food, just no cold weather essentials)

Hopefully it will melt fast.....
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: NWR: Its snowing! (vent)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww its snowing out here in Hampton Roads also. We have a snow day and I am LOVING IT! I already had today off today to go look at wedding stuff but...we ended up closing work for the day so I didn't need to use vaca time but.....am stuck home and can't go out. I'm not complaining though. I hope they let you leave soon...DC got slammed last year with snow....smh
    My niece, Kennedy Alivia, Cancer SURVIVER!!!! God works miracles - Daily! image
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I HATE snow also. And I'm originally from Chicago so....imagine that. I hate, hate, hate it!

• Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the healthcare field so my job is always the last to close! I'm happy I don't work in a hospital anymore! They closed some schools this morning for certain counties, my son had to go to school today just for them to call us an hour later to tell us they were closing.

Last year was terrible, but I had some days off work so it was cool. I know people from Chicago laugh at our little snow!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate snow!!! And to think I now live in IL!!
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just hope they let us go home early.
    January AAW Signature Challenge:Wedding Must-Have: A shot or 4
    Photobucket

*insert sarcastic musing here...or jazz hands*
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It has been snowing in Cincinnati also --- most schools are closed.  Since I work from home it doesn't really affect me, except I did cancel a couple of offsite meetings I had.  I don't mind it, until I have to drive in it!  Yell
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Silver Spring so I feel you girl.  I'm at work wishing I was at home.  It's not too bad. As long we don't get a blizzard like we did last year because being snowed in is NOT the business.
    He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes last year was crazy for you guys up there. Its just lack of preparation....Chicago has the plows necessary to pre-emptively strick *spelling*
    they just wait too long out here to start doing anything...then the roads go from snow to ice...then the plows can break it up...and then...things get messy. We hit the Walmart early this morning, FI and I and were home before it really came down. Hmmm...I feel for police, healthcare and such this time of year...I really appreciate the sacrifice they make even more! Cuz it could NOT be me....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh...I'm hating this snow. But only because we'll probably only get like 2 inches and schools and business will let out early, which means people are going to be driving like idiots trying to buy everything in the grocery stores! I don't mind the snow, but I hate when people panic over a dusting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-its-snowing-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:aed77cff-55f8-4dee-8673-007db952f6bePost:482d10b2-e8cc-4f90-9717-a47a10dc8e5e">Re: NWR: Its snowing! (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh...I'm hating this snow. But only because we'll probably only get like 2 inches and schools and business will let out early, which means people are going to be driving like idiots trying to buy everything in the grocery stores! I don't mind the snow, but I hate when people panic over a dusting.
    Posted by 2010Bride2be[/QUOTE]

I know if I go in the store right now there won't be any bread!

We got that first big snow storm this time last year, I remember my son having an extended winter break! I hope they are more prepared this winter
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We even got some in NC! I love the snow (grow up in AL where we didn't get much), but I soooo hate driving in it! UUGGHH!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok, please don't throw any snow balls at me,,.....it's supposed to get up to the lower 70s today (around 73 or so)..oh, but wait!  It's supposed to get colder tonight and tomorrow's high will be today's low (about 58)!  This summer/winter weather here in SE Texas/LA wracks havoc on you!  Don't know whether to wear shorts or a coat!
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    AngelLynAngelLyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies!  I'm here at the office in NW DC.  I am sooo sleepy and this weather just further proves my point that I need to be at home in bed! I take a commuter bus so I am dreading this long journey home, but atleast it's not me driving and I can catch a nap.  You ladies be safe trying to get home or to your destinations.  You know people in our area tend to not be the best drivers in any kind of weather!
    "if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous" - Carrie Bradshaw

My Blog!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No snow in my area of GA this week although we had sleet and flurries last week. People around here lose their minds on the roads when it snows. I'm thankful that we haven't gotten anything to stick.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want snow! But like Banks said, our high today is 73. So, that would be some hot snow! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-its-snowing-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:aed77cff-55f8-4dee-8673-007db952f6bePost:6761d8db-5772-42ae-bf7a-ae45cb1b0e74">Re: NWR: Its snowing! (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok, please don't throw any snow balls at me,,.....it's supposed to get up to the lower 70s today (around 73 or so)..oh, but wait!  It's supposed to get colder tonight and tomorrow's high will be today's low (about 58)!  This summer/winter weather here in SE Texas/LA wracks havoc on you!  Don't know whether to wear shorts or a coat!
    Posted by banks69[/QUOTE]

I wish we could have thet type of weather here! That's how it was when we went to Florida for Thanksgiving. I told my FI I want to move to Texas, he thinks its because of my undying love for the cowboys but I just want to be in a warmer climate and cheaper area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't wait to leave this area. FI and I are moving to Arizona in 2012. It can NOT come fast enough.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the snow when its on my terms. It must stay in the grass, can't turn into ice, can't mess up my hair and outfit, kids must be able to go in school and no slush... other than that this snow can kiss my butt.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got hit on Sunday with the snow and the ice. My job had two snow days but lucky for me I am off until 1/5/11 so I guess I wont complain but it does suck to drive in. Getting this 4 wheel drive was a great investment. Now I just have to finish shopping so I don't have to go back out in case more snow comes! Be careful ladies and all you no snow having 70 degree ladies SUCK!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it's the Lord's work, but I hate snow too. I live in Southeastern PA and as soon as people see one drop of snow, they act all crazy and don't know how to drive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MsApril, I am right there with you. I work for a Federal Gov't Contractor girl and they chill most of the time on letting us go unless it's like a dag on blizzard. They blow me to death lol.

I left yesterday at one though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards