Ohio-Northeast

Ceremony/reception venue

Hello all, I'm starting to plan my 2011 "wedding". I am having a difficult time finding a place for my 100-120 person gigantic memorial day weekend picnic with a side of nuptials. Alcohol must be allowed, an indoor space incase of rain is important, and an outdoor space for volleyball and various other picnic barbeuce games. It isn't that I'm having a problem with availability... I live in the far west burbs of Cleveland and Im planning the wedding within 30 minutes of Salem Ohio. Ideal area is from Streetsboro, to east side of Youngstown, to Salem itself.

If there are any recs you all have that would be great!
Thanks
Jenn

Re: Ceremony/reception venue

• edited December 2011
    Is Mill Creed Park in Youngstown too far?  A friend is planning her daughters wedding there, it is a beautiful place.
  • edited December 2011
    I had thought about that, it isn't too far but the no alcohol policy is one of those things that really really sucks.
  • jaylii9jaylii9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look at the park systems in the area: Cleveland Metro Parks, Lake Metro Parks and Cuyahoga National Valley.

I believe that you can bring alcohol into some of these locations, but you have to have a permit and a ranger on duty which I don't think is a big deal.

Other locations that you might want to check out is the Big Met Grill in Fairview Park or Mapleside Farms in Brunswick.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards