North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham
Options

Raleigh Area Venue Search -Church or other - Help!!

Hey everyone! I'm getting married in July 2013 and am searching for a venue for my ceremony and reception. I live in Los Angeles, so I'm limited in the amount of time I can actually go visit places.

My family lives in Cary, so anything within 30 minutes of that is ideal. I'm either looking for a church that allows non-members to get married and bring their own pastor (my parents' church currently meets in a high school, so that's out of the question), or a traditional looking venue. My dress is a ballgown, so it sort of demands something like that. My fiance's only requirement is air conditioning, since it's freaking hot in July, so unfortunately, outside wedding are out of the question :(

We aren't opposed to a venue that does both the ceremony and the reception in the same place, but we are mindful of price. We're trying to stay around $7,500 for ceremony and reception with dinner (buffet or sitdown) for between 100 and 150 people... I've looked at places like the Cotton Room and different country clubs, but they are just a little too pricey.

Thanks for any insight you guys can give!

Re: Raleigh Area Venue Search -Church or other - Help!!

• Options
    I am having 100150 people and doing stations. I had no luck finding anything remotely close to the price point you want to be in though. Mine including bar ceremony and reception space is several thousand more at the embassy suites in Cary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That should say 100. To 150 people. Typing on my phone is horrible
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm getting married at All Saints Chapel in downtown Raleigh. It's really beautiful and since it's not longer a working church, just a historical building/venue, you can have your own pastor there and you have alcohol if you do a reception there too. I paid around $2500 for an 8 hour rental.

Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards