Maine
Options

Reception Venue Suggestions Needed

I am living in Upstate NY looking to plan a "destination" wedding in New England. We were thinking of something along the lines of the Wentworth Hotel in NH or the Nonantum in Kennebunkport. I will need to make a trip and look at as many places as possible so I am looking for suggestions. We are hoping for around 120 guests. We would also like lodging available either at the reception site or very nearby and an outdoor ceremony and/or reception.

Re: Reception Venue Suggestions Needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Maine is a pretty big state, and if you're looking for something coastal, there are lots and lots of choices. We can of course give recommendations, but I think you'd get a pretty comprehensive list by doing some research online. Here are a couple websites I would recommend checking out that feature a lot of places similar to what you're looking for:

http://www.visitmaine.net/wedding_reception_sites.htm
    http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Maine-Reception-and-Ceremony-Sites/Profiles/CAR/212

If you see some places on there you like, I'm sure someone here will have some knowledge to share. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the cliff house in ogunquit. It is right on the water. They have a 16,000 dollar minimum though..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are so many great places. Do you want it to be coastal?

Coastal In Maine:
    Spruce Point Inn 
    Newagen Seaside Inn
    Retreat at French's Point
    Samoset Resort
    Inn by the Sea
    Colony Hotel
    Union Bluff Hotel

If you don't need it to be coastal then:
    Mountainview Grand Hotel, New Hampshire
    Mount Washington Hotel, New Hampshire
  • Options
    kcole5244kcole5244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard endless amazing thiings about both the Nonatum as well as the Wentworth...! If that helps?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted something different when i started to look and by chance found the most wonderful place in newry,me on sunday river mountain. it is an amazing estate that isnt a fuction hall but an actually house you rent called ski esta.its around 18,000 SQFT house, it sleeps around 40 people and has indoor pool 4 hot tubs including an on the roof balcony hot tub.there is also a hotel two miles down the road. the website is www.skiestsa.us and a virtual tour too and its still even better in person. (fixed the link!)
  • Options
    HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My choice between the 2 would be the Wentworth.  If you want to go further up the coast I would tell you to check out the Samoset.  Keep us posted!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if your into the whole camp feel but my friend got married at Kingsley Pines in Raymond last year and it was beautiful! It sits right on a lake and has a very rustic Maine feel, and they were able to accommodate a lot of the guests as well. She had a three day affair, the wedding party all arrived on Friday and got to hang out at the camp and have the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner there that night. Then the wedding was on Saturday, and Sunday was brunch. She hired her own caterer too, the Blue Elephant out of Saco. They were fantastic! I recommend both venue and vendor highly! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards