North Carolina-Outer Banks

DJ recommendations

Hey Ladies,

I am trying to find a DJ for my reception in the Outer Banks.  I am trying to find a non-cheesy DJ.  I heard DJ Bruce is good but he is booked.  Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Re: DJ recommendations

• edited December 2011
    we are using someone from charlotte, nc.  The name is All The Right Grooves.  Even though they have to travel, the prices have been comparable to local dj's.  I heard about them through another bride who was married on the outer banks and she said she loved them.
  • aubreyaliseaubreyalise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i'm planning on giving a full review of all my obx vendors after my honeymoon, but i read this and i had to comment.

i got married yesterday and we used john harper. when i was communicating with him on email and even over the phone he was a big gruff and short and i was really worried about how he would be.

he was absolutely perfect. i sent him a list of all the key songs and i gave him some artists that we like, and he ran with it. i loved every single song that he played and he did such a great job of getting everyone dancing all around the place. i really can't say enough about what an absolutely terrific job he did!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lkleffkelkleffke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you cannot get John Harper, Try Matt Cooper from Outer Banks Music Masters.  I contacted John Harper first when I was looking for a DJ  and he had already been booked.  He highly recomended Matt Cooper.  Matt was WONDERFUL -- he played alot of our playlist, but also made sure that everything that he selected to play fir perfectlys in what we had chosen.  He isn't cheesy at all, is incredibly prefessional, easy to communicate with and is also very affordable.  I couldnt have asked for a better DJ!
  • lmlo22lmlo22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LIVE HERE LOCALLY, GOT MARRIED HERE TWO WEEKS AGO, AND WORK IN THE WEDDING INDUSTRY. 

SOUNDWAVES IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO. I REPEAT HE IS THE BEST DJ AND THE MOST PROFESSIONAL AND WILL GET YOUR PARTY GOING FOR THE WEDDING CELEBRATION!

SOUNDWAVES! SOUNDWAVES FOR DJ!

Lauren
  • edited December 2011
    Lauren,
      Who did you use from Soundwavz? Anything you recommend that we need to tell them ahead of time?

• amberilcamberilc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVED Sue Artz from OBXviolin she was so helpful with EVERYTHING!!!!
  • fisherseamonfisherseamon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just used Dj Rick Barefot with Absolute Entertainment out of Raleigh. He covers the Ouer Banks, does not charge you for the travel and was excellent. plus he was much cheaper than any other dj we priced in the outer banks area. He even helped with setup the day of the event when we were running behind. Went above and beyond the call of duty!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards