Nebraska

Venues that allow your own catering

Hello,

I am planning a wedding for Summer/Fall 2013 and I need a venue that will let me use my own catering. The venues that require you to use their catering are absolutely outrageous as far as pricing. I know of a couple really great places, but I am finding that dates are already booked up at some of the more popular places. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Re: Venues that allow your own catering

• Depends on how many people your having. Regency Lake and Tennis Club is $800, however St. Peter's in Council Bluffs has a completely seperate and new building you can rent that fits a little over 300 people for $400 as long as you are ok with your reception starting at 6 or later.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_venues-that-allow-your-own-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:654Discussion:a46303d8-334d-485e-8572-6ec0195bf715Post:3003d5a3-cc94-47be-8fbe-f3abdc123f0c">Re: Venues that allow your own catering</a>:
    [QUOTE]Depends on how many people your having. Regency Lake and Tennis Club is $800, however St. Peter's in Council Bluffs has a completely seperate and new building you can rent that fits a little over 300 people for $400 as long as you are ok with your reception starting at 6 or later.
    Posted by MsYeck[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response! I am planning on having around 350. I am finding that a lot of nice places will let you use your own catering, but they can only accommodate around 150 guests or so. Thanks again.
  • Check out www.willowcreekglasschapel.com It's about a half hour drive from council bluffs/omaha but the scenery is to die for and you can choose your own catering. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If the price isn't a problem, Fontenelle Forest has a big list of caterers they will let you chose from and I think the Omaha Western Heritage Museum will let you bring any caterer, but you'd have to double-check that. There are quite a few places that will let you bring a caterer, but most of them won't hold that many people.
  • The Ball Room at Round the Bend doesn't have any catering restrictions & can seat up to 450 people, the website is www.roundthebendsteakhouse.com
    loveB
  • St. John Vianney which is located in Millard lets you bring in your own catering and your own alcohol. The cost is 1250.00 but that includes security and bartenders. You cannot start your reception until 6:30 on Saturday because of church, but you can have the reception go until 11:30. The venue is beautiful and it seats up to 320 so I am not sure if that will be big enough, but here is the link to the venue. Good luck :) http://www.sjvomaha.org/
  • We are having ours at UNMC Truhlsen event center.  They have an initial rental of the room and you don't get much with it but the rental of everything else is super reasonable and they have a list of their preferred vendors one of which is Attitude on Food which is amazing and incredibly reasonable. Good Luck!  http://www.unmc.edu/eventscenter/
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_venues-that-allow-your-own-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:654Discussion:a46303d8-334d-485e-8572-6ec0195bf715Post:0e1f3984-0fc5-413d-9072-4aa7ce6325e9">Venues that allow your own catering</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, I am planning a wedding for Summer/Fall 2013 and I need a venue that will let me use my own catering. The venues that require you to use their catering are absolutely outrageous as far as pricing. I know of a couple really great places, but I am finding that dates are already booked up at some of the more popular places. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Posted by smibroj[/QUOTE]

<span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Thank you everyone for your responses! We decided to go with Christ The King Parish Center. Absolutely beautiful, and we can bring in our own alcohol, food, and decorators. They also seat up to almost 500!!! </font></span><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000"> </font></span>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards