Moms and Maids

2 MsOH?

I have two best friends and the three of us have been very close for several years. I am not sure if it is okay to ask them both to be a MOH in my WP. My concerns are that I have 3 sisters, one of whom is getting married in 4 months and chose a friend as her MOH so I don't feel too bad about choosing a friend, but a little worse about choosing 2 friends over a sister. I can't imagine picking one friend over the other and I feel like they would both be really hurt if I chose one over the other. I am obviously only choosing people I am really close to, so I really don't want to hurt any of my sister's or friend's feelings! Someone please help ease my mind!
*side note, we don't have a date set yet so I won't be asking until we do.

Re: 2 MsOH?

• It's fine to have two maids of honour, but your situation is obviously a little different and I get where you are coming from. What if you didn't have a maid of honour at all? You are obviously having a difficult time choosing among your 5 nearest and dearest. Would you consider having them all "equal" and honouring them each in different ways?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_2-msoh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:c8b1de93-cb67-4f3f-a353-c2798404ebacPost:2c03c1f7-733e-4710-be83-f90ce8baf601">Re: 2 MsOH?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's fine to have two maids of honour, but your situation is obviously a little different and I get where you are coming from. What if you didn't have a maid of honour at all? You are obviously having a difficult time choosing among your 5 nearest and dearest. Would you consider having them all "equal" and honouring them each in different ways?
    Posted by SachaBee[/QUOTE]

<div>I like this idea and I have thought about it. However I know someone who did this and all her girls felt too pressured. I'm scared since two of those 5 girls were my sisters! But I have time so I really appreciate your suggestion and will deffinately have to consider it again.</div>
  • My brothers fiance is having two maids of honors, her sister and her best friend. It's totally fine, dont worry about it! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My husband couldn't choose between his two best friends so he had two best men. My sister-in-law asked both myself and her sister to be the maids of honor. Baby sister said no (she's still in college) but it was nice of her to ask.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had 2, my two sisters. And H only had one BM. It was what worked best for both of us.
  • 2 MOHs is fine; I had two and it worked well.  H was also a co-BM for one of his GM.  It's becoming more common, and since your sister didn't have you as MOH I'm sure she'd understand you picking friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards