Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

A Few Questions (for insuite brides especially)

Hey ladies, a few questions for ya;

how many people attended and were they comfortable in your suite? which suite were you in and were there a sufficient amount of chairs?

did you set up different stations and were there enough surfaces for you to do so?  stations i mean, a cake area, a guest book area, favor area food area drink area...etc.

When in the planning phase did you wait till you had your RSVPs in before you booked your suite?

Thanks in advance ladies!

Re: A Few Questions (for insuite brides especially)

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were in the Vista Suite.  We had about 40.  A few of the guests our age (including the groom) sat on the floor, there were maybe 10 people without seats. 

We had the food on the dining table.  The bartender set up in the island.  The card box was on the little ledge by the door, and the cake and desserts were on the console in the dining room.

We booked way before invites went out.  We only invited as many as we thought could fit in the suite.

We sort of figured out everything when we got into the suite the day before the wedding.  We kept our plans sort of flexible because we didn't know what the layout was going to be.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    how many people attended and were they comfortable in your suite? which suite were you in and were there a sufficient amount of chairs?
    We had 60 guests in the Vista Suite. I would say everyone was comfortable, but I would say 65 guests are prob max in there. We moved like 2-4 chairs into the living area and moved the rest of the chairs into the bedroom. Of course not everyone could sit, but people were happy to stand and mingle.

did you set up different stations and were there enough surfaces for you to do so?  stations i mean, a cake area, a guest book area, favor area food area drink area...etc.
    We used the very 1st little surface when you walk in for gifts. We used the long side table for a guest book & cake. food was buffet style at the large conference table. Drinks etc were in the bar. We didn't have favors.

When in the planning phase did you wait till you had your RSVPs in before you booked your suite?
    We booked the suite way before we sent out invites bc I put the room name on the invitation. I booked our suite in like October for our May 22nd wedding. Invites went out at the end of February & RSVP date was May 1. I will say that I knew way before May 1 who was coming. The invites were just customary. All of our guests who were flying had their flights booked before my invites even went out.

My guestbook is on the right; my cake went where they diamond rings are on the left.

First little space w/ our card box on it.

Table w/ cake & guestbook

Picture of the living room w/ votives set up, chairs moved around, and husband watching tv :)

Area by the pillar we made for 1st dance, speeches, & family pictures.

Hope this helps. I have a ton more pictures if you want them let me know  your email :)
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had the Panorama Suite at Planet Hollywood. We had about 40 people. We had originally booked the Vista Suite, but then we changed to the PH after it went on special. We decided to take the savings and put it into the food and other things for the reception.

We had different stations...we had a guestbook area, bubbles at the entrance into the suite. There is a small foyer between two doors where we set up the guestbook, etc.
    We used a round table right in the middle of the suite for the main food, plates, etc. We had a candy station with m&m's in Love candy dishes on a bureau behind a couch. We had the cake, cake plates, etc., set up on a table. We had drinks at the bar, with ice, glasses, etc.or serving. Room service did bring us in a rolling cart for the glasses, etc.

Actually, the suite was one of the first things we booked after the ceremony site. One reason we could switch to PH was because we
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks my email is danyellefaust@gmail.com I'd LOVE to see more pics.  John and I are getting nervous about size/space/comfort in the vista suite.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i emailed u :)

how many guests are you expecting?
  • Options
    germesehgermeseh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hello dvohnout, I would love to see more of your wedding pictures.  my email is germeseh@yahoo.com. thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are inviting 80ish.
    We are assuming 50-60  will show.
    ::shrug::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited 84. Had 59 come + photographer + me and DH so 62 total in the room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards