Pennsylvania-Central

Help! We need someone to marry us!

Hello! 

There's nothing quite like living in Arizona and planning a wedding in PA (Lancaster)! Thankfully, my fiance and I have just about everything booked - venue (Cork Factory), DJ, photographer, florist, etc etc. That said, we're missing the most important piece to the puzzle... someone to conduct the ceremony! Problem is, my fiance is Jewish and I was raised Catholic. To satisfy both families we are looking for a rabbi/ preacher or pastor duo that will work in unison for the ceremony. We've been to weddings where this has taken place so we know it can be done; however, have no idea where to start. 

If you have any suggestions or recommendations on rabbis/officiants or where we could stop our search, I would GREATLY appreciate it! Our wedding is at the end of October and the clock is ticking! :) 

THANKS in advance! 

Re: Help! We need someone to marry us!

• jrkjpfjrkjpf member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about trying a magistrate? A lot of them will do it for a very low cost.
    BTW, we were just at a wedding at the Cork Factory the other week, beautiful! Great choice!

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

• jbannonjbannon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I'm thinking it may come to that.... which I wouldn't mind but the families wanted something more faith based I guess. Thanks for the kind comments about the Cork Factory! I basically signed the contract without seeing the place in person - counting on my mom to review things for me since I'm on the other side of the country!
  • JB26368JB26368 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Fr. Joe McLaughlin. He's a Catholic preist who left the church because he wanted to get married. He's able to do every type of ceremony (just not in a Catholic church I don't think), is very reasonably priced, and is easy to work with. His wife is also very nice and helps him out alot. He;s based in Lancaster, so you shouldn't have any travel issues should you decide to go wth him. Here's his website.

Fatherjoem.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe check with Dave from Wedding Dayz.  He's fantastic but not sure if he can combine what you're looking for?

Good Luck!
  • slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with Rev. Pam Brehem. She was the officant at my sister-in-laws wedding. She really caters the ceremony to what you want and to your personality.
    So far she has been really helpful with the process of selecting vows and guiding us through the process.
    She is very organized and knows her stuff. She does just about any religion.
    She is from Berks County but charges no travel fee if you are in the Lancaster area. Her prices are the best around.
    www.reverendpamela.com
    revpam@dejazzd.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    We are using Rev. Judith Gausch she is awesome and your ceremony is completely personal. You literally pick and chose everything that is going to happen that day and she has some many choices. Our planning guide she gave us was over 100 pages for us to choose from. I couldnt have found someone better and her prices are very reasonable. If your interested her website is
    www.lovely-uniqueweddings.com/" target="_blank">http://www.lovely-uniqueweddings.com 
    Just tell her Tiana G. sent you her way! Hope you find someone soon, Good luck!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We are looking to use Theresa at innerpeaceministries.net.  She is super friendly, has great reviews, and is VERY well priced!! 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards