June 2012 Weddings

For those getting boudoir photos....

does your FI know what they are? or will they be a complete surprise? 

I am thinking about getting these done for our 1st anniversary (I can't swing it financially this year) and was curious how familiar guys are with these.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For those getting boudoir photos....

• I told my FI what they were once (in a separate conversation, not about me doing them) and he had no idea what it was.  I also plan on doing it for our 1 yr anniversary since its the "paper" anniversary and its a little much try to fit it in now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I'm sure FI does know what they are. He knows about the oddest things ever, that I wouldn't expect. haha

I might do them for our one year if I am not pregnant. Although I want some cute pics of my belly too, so maybe I will do some sort of shoot anyway. ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_for-those-getting-boudoir-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4dc669e2-7a5a-4240-a7e3-84b3486cc500Post:6cb3786a-c3a4-461c-8641-d3855c3558a7">Re: For those getting boudoir photos....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure FI does know what they are. He knows about the oddest things ever, that I wouldn't expect. haha<strong> I might do them for our one year if I am not pregnant.</strong> Although I want some cute pics of my belly too, so maybe I will do some sort of shoot anyway. ;)
    Posted by doeie04[/QUOTE]
    off topic, are you going to start for kids right away?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_for-those-getting-boudoir-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4dc669e2-7a5a-4240-a7e3-84b3486cc500Post:6cb3786a-c3a4-461c-8641-d3855c3558a7">Re: For those getting boudoir photos....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure FI does know what they are. He knows about the oddest things ever, that I wouldn't expect. haha I<strong> might do them for our one year if I am not pregnant.</strong> Although I want some cute pics of my belly too, so maybe I will do some sort of shoot anyway. ;)

This is why I wanted to do them for his wedding gift! I'm hoping to be pregnant by our 1 year! :)
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • FI didn't know what they were until I told him and then he asked why I would get them done for him when he could just see all that whenever he wants anyways....which is his way of saying "please don't spend anymore money!". I'd still like to do them just for fun one day anyways!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_for-those-getting-boudoir-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4dc669e2-7a5a-4240-a7e3-84b3486cc500Post:5a682d45-489f-491b-840d-2ede2e7c6829">Re: For those getting boudoir photos....</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI didn't know what they were until I told him and then he asked why I would get them done for him when he could just see all that whenever he wants anyways....which is his way of saying "please don't spend anymore money!". I'd still like to do them just for fun one day anyways!
    Posted by janeash[/QUOTE]

My FI said pretty much the same thing! He said he'd rather take pictures himself on our honeymoon haha. I might do them for our one-year, but it'll be hard hiding it from him (joint accounts and all).
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • My FI knows what they are.  I'm strongly thinking about getting them done for our one year as a surprise.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_for-those-getting-boudoir-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4dc669e2-7a5a-4240-a7e3-84b3486cc500Post:6cb3786a-c3a4-461c-8641-d3855c3558a7">Re: For those getting boudoir photos....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure FI does know what they are. He knows about the oddest things ever, that I wouldn't expect. haha I might do them for our one year <strong>if I am not pregnant.</strong> Although I want some cute pics of my belly too, so maybe I will do some sort of shoot anyway. ;)

LOVE IT! I think belly pics are adorable :)
  • I would bet a lot of money that FI has no idea what they are... I am getting them done for him (on May 5th!!) and giving him a "little black book" the day after the wedding. I am also hoping to get pregnant right away so I didnt want to wait until our 1 year anniv.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_for-those-getting-boudoir-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4dc669e2-7a5a-4240-a7e3-84b3486cc500Post:332c9b03-38d4-4a2c-9949-b79667ab475b">Re: For those getting boudoir photos....</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI knows what they are.  I'm strongly thinking about getting them done for our one year as a surprise.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]
    Same here.
  • FI only knows because I told him.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love it that so many of us want to be preggers in the first year! We would love it if we ended up expecting but we would like to wait until our second anniversary. I would like to do a boudoir shoot but am so nervous. If I do one it will be around the early part of May when I have my hair and make up trial. I will leave it with FI just before we seperate the night before the wedding so he's even more excited for the HMWink

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm getting them done for him for part of his wedding gift.  It's so hard to keep it a secret because I like his opinion of what I wear in bed and he's kinda picky!  But I'll bring a few options!  So excited!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_for-those-getting-boudoir-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4dc669e2-7a5a-4240-a7e3-84b3486cc500Post:5a682d45-489f-491b-840d-2ede2e7c6829">Re: For those getting boudoir photos....</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI didn't know what they were until I told him and then he asked why I would get them done for him when he could just see all that whenever he wants anyways....which is his way of saying "please don't spend anymore money!". I'd still like to do them just for fun one day anyways!
    Posted by janeash[/QUOTE]
    This is pretty similar to what my FI said.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_for-those-getting-boudoir-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4dc669e2-7a5a-4240-a7e3-84b3486cc500Post:c82980ca-15be-4b67-bf1b-8dca52291ce1">Re: For those getting boudoir photos....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those getting boudoir photos.... : LOVE IT! I think belly pics are adorable :)
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

I do too. I don't know if FI will think it is weird though. haha. I will have to feel him out on that one.
  • I did them as a Christmas present last year. FI was completely surprised. I gave it to him in a Victoria's Secret bag (it was a calendar) and when he picked it up out of the bag he thought it was a VS calendar and then he was really excited when he realized it was all me!
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_for-those-getting-boudoir-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:4dc669e2-7a5a-4240-a7e3-84b3486cc500Post:8376c10a-7c95-4059-87c1-41d88c65acdd">Re: For those getting boudoir photos....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For those getting boudoir photos.... : We are going to start right away. I really want a HM baby, but I won't be heart-broken if we don't. Well, maybe just a little. :P

Me too!!  and FI is even more excited about it than I am.  LOL...glad i'm not the only one.

I"m going to do these photos (working on a date with our photographer).  They will be a surprise.  I'm going to give them to him after we get married, though.  My brother is getting married in Detroit two weeks after our wedding, so I will have to leave the week we get back from our honeymoon for this (so bummed...you have no idea!!) and I will leave a photo book of them for him to find when he gets back from work.  Hopefully, it will make things a little easier for him to be left alone....and maybe we will make a baby when I get back from my brother's wedding. LOL
    Anniversary
  • I really like the idea but can't afford it yet. Maybe I'll do it for our anniversary but I also plan on being pregnant by then. But we already have a 2 year old daughter so I'm not sure yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards