April 2012 Weddings

Random Monday checks, plus first dance?

So yesterday I took off from work and so did FI so we could do some things (I was in Phoenix for a work trip all weekend, so had to cram in our weekend on one day). We met with our Reverend, nailed down the date for a rehearsal (2:30, day before, location probably will be our FI's parents' driveway since we won't be trekking up to the location). We also started talking about the ceremony and set up our final meeting. Between now and then we have to write letters to each other of what the other means to them, why we love each other, and what marriage means to us. Kind of the 'ultimate' love letter. We also will have to choose the readings and any ceremony changes we want between now and March 10th.. plenty of time!

After that we did some mundane things (grocery shopping), and then we had our first dance lesson! It was actually really fun and it went by really quickly. The instructor taught us the basics of the waltz, fox trot, rumba and salsa. We set up another lesson for Friday evening, and she wants us to know our first dance song by then! So now we have to get going on that (we've been kinda playing ones we like, but not getting serious about it).

What are your first dance songs? We are leaning towards "Everything" by Michael Buble, or a Sinatra/Dean Martin-ish type song.
We're married! And we're ready to sell! http://nauticalwedding.weebly.com/index.html
Anniversary

Re: Random Monday checks, plus first dance?

• We were debating between God Bless the Broken Road by Rascall  Flats and Little Moments by Brad Paisley.  Ironically, despite these choices, we aren't huge country fans haha
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So jealous you're taking dance lessons!  FI and I want to, but there's not going to be enough time/money.

Our first dance is Brad Paisley's "Little Moments"

Love the idea of the love letters!!  How romantic
  • We just started lessons also i love them FI kind of has two left feet tho! lol

our song is You're my best friend by Queen
  • ^I love Queen. I`m going to be walking down the aisle to a string version of Killer Queen.

For our first dance, i`m torn between three songs... Home by Chantal Kreviazuk, The Only Exception by Paramore, or One and Only by Adele...
  • FI can't decide what he likes for a first dance song, but it's probably going to be "God gave me you" by Blake Shelton or "making memories of us" by Keith Urban, OR "So far away" by Staind.  The last one isn't really a great first dance song, but the song has lots of meaning for us.  I told FI to decide, because I'd be happy with any of the 3.  He hasn't let me know what he wants yet. :)

And I am so happy that there are April brides using the song "Little moments"!!! I think that's a great first dance song (I actually wanted that song, but got vetoed)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • We're doing Marry Me by Train.  Kindof cliche, but so cute!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're doing "When I Said I Do" by Clint Black (and his wife).
  • It took us forever to pick out our first song. We finally picked "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having a musician learn "Make you feel my love" by Adele. So excited! Congrats on all the checks ladies!
  • We haven't decided to do a first dance song or anything structured. We may do something, but there isn't anything picked out for any dancing. We are having an early afternoon ceremony and reception in the same place.

We also are not able to do the rehearsal at the venue, so having it in the parents' driveway the day before is a great idea!
    Jamie 9/1/2013 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're dancing to "Your Song"-the Moulin Rouge/Ewan McGregor version (not Elton John) and will start practicing eventually, but we had to wait for my toe to get better as I recently had surgery and haven't been able to wear heels. I want to practice in my new 5 inch heels, so I will get used to that feeling! 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • rtzrill-FWIW I love the song "Home!" 
    For our's we're dancing to "All This Time" by OneRepublic
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Our first dance song is "Then" by Brad Paisley. It's always been our song :)
    180image 113image 67imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards